#1 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:35 PM

http://twitter.com/P...062538054922240

Not sure if this will show from Twitter. Rory taking the shortcut on the par 5, 6th hole at the API.

Thought it was funny the ball goes in the water on the graphic. He must've been down wind or those in game physics aren't correct... Haha...
  • Williamphody likes this

#2 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:49 PM

http://twitter.com/P...062538054922240

Not sure if this will show from Twitter. Rory taking the shortcut on the par 5, 6th hole at the API.

Thought it was funny the ball goes in the water on the graphic. He must've been down wind or those in game physics aren't correct... Haha...

Holy cow, the players in PG2 look so life like! 

• DPRoberts likes this

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#3 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:22 PM

Yes, it's all motion capture animations. Quite impressive! Seems like we may get announcers as well...

#4 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:28 PM

Is that the PG physics or Trackmans ball flight overlay.

I personally think it was Mike trying to replicate the shot and coming up short...lol

• cajuncapgun likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#5 SFR

SFR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:05 PM

I thought that trackman was supposed to just follow the ball and if there is wind it does not matter because it just reads the ball and would show the actual ball flight.

If the software is just showing what the trackman is seeing it may be possible that even a unit like trackman for all its $$$ is not perfect.  Or the course created is not 100% accurate with yardage.  The other thing I wonder is if the placement of the trackman is supposed to be directly behind the golfers ball and possibly the angle that each guy tees up on the tee box changes just enough that the read is skewed a bit.  Most times are quite good but the odd one where you have an edge of a bunker or water hazard to compare with, you see the slight difference.

I have also seen the stats of the players swing speed and the ball speed and if you factored in a perfect 1.5 smash factor, the posted ball speed was more than the smash factor should allow.  So either there is spring effect on some drivers or the info on swing speed was not accurate.

#6 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:13 AM

Would be kind of cool if there was a video showing how they set it up.

Guessing they can manually tell the computer where the launch should be occurring from and it's just a mouse click by the guy (Chuck, I believe...) setting it up without thinking it needs to be perfect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users