6 replies to this topic

#1 jamie_gates

jamie_gates

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:06 AM

Is this still closed? I used to have the key, but for whatever reason it changed or i got locked out. I did use it with some success on east sussex national west. Would very much like to have access to this again. can anybody provide me with the key or is it still locked down by PG, which to me seems pretty shitty considering that this package is basically dead anyway. open up all the assets for people to experiment. but then maybe thats just me

#2 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:02 PM

I take it you bought the game through a 3rd party vendor. I would be contacting them for an updated key.

PG awhile back removed the security check for the game and content. This probably broke the security key you purchased.

Have you tried re installing the game? 

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#3 jamie_gates

jamie_gates

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:39 AM

apologies, not sure i made myself clear enough, the game and course forge are fine, its the terrain importer that is still locked. it never left beta. the codes provided in the forums still produces the max users message. C'mon PP unlock the terrain impoter so people can use it. it may not work perfectly, but its such a great tool when it works. its such a shame to have it sitting in full view but slightly out of reach

#4 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 10:41 AM

It's been 6 years since I used it, but I can't recall TerrainForge allowing users to enter their own Bing or Google API keys - meaning it would be using PP's keys. Maybe they've reverted to a non-paid plan or never had a paid plan and it can't support the users on it now. 

#5 jamie_gates

jamie_gates

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 11:22 AM

Thanks Shimonko, forgive me but i have absolutley no idea about what you've written, whats an API key? maybe i'm being a bit slow here. whats the difference between a google API and PP API, paid plan? non paid Plan? just out of interest, you say you don't use the terrain importer? is there a better way of doing this?

much thanks

Jamie

#6 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 April 2020 - 09:05 PM

My bad, should of looked closer at the subject title. More than likely that API, which i believe stands for Application Programming Interface, was though the PG servers which are now offline. Check the Course Forge Forum, believe they are using a method of lidar and map overlays.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#7 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 04:52 AM

Thanks Shimonko, forgive me but i have absolutley no idea about what you've written, whats an API key? maybe i'm being a bit slow here. whats the difference between a google API and PP API, paid plan? non paid Plan? just out of interest, you say you don't use the terrain importer? is there a better way of doing this?

much thanks

Jamie

API keys are needed when using Google or Bing's elevation data - they're just a unique number which identifies who's grabbing the elevation data so payment can take place after free limits are exhausted. To my knowledge TerrainForge was never released and only a handful of us had it, so using the key that PP has with Google and/or Bing was fine - but not if it TF started spreading.

What wirenut says will be true too if PP used their own server for licensing/key retrieval (common practice) and have taken down the service doing that. It's quite amazing it was supported up until now if TerrainForge was indeed never released.

Lots of alternatives, more powerful too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users