#1 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 04:00 PM

News regarding PGA Tour 2K23

Attached File  5784C688-1B98-460A-A7A5-F06BD68407E3.jpeg   52.83KB   10 downloads

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 09:46 PM

Hope they have a new graphics engine finally.

An all new modern look would be a good thing to have to compete with whatever EA does.

Rory still looks best in class to me (just on visuals) -- Can only imagine how good EA's game might look this time around, 7-8 years later and with newer hardware to cater to.

#3 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 August 2022 - 01:14 AM

I’m surprised nobody has brought this back up,anybody plan on getting this when it comes out,I see tiger is back on the cover.

#4 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 20 August 2022 - 10:20 PM

Apparently there is an announcement on 22/08/22. 
I would buy the game for the PS5 dependent on price. 
I quite like the course designer on 2K21 for its ease of use but it needs a revamp. 

WWG1WGA

#5 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 August 2022 - 12:24 AM

This is one expensive game if you get the upgraded versions. At least it will have 3 click that lots of people like.

#6 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 12:32 AM

Looks like 2k21 with Tiger, some fixes and DLC content bolted on

A bit underwhelming after 2 years and adding in Tiger’s influence
  • IanK likes this

#7 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 06:49 AM

Well, I'll definitely be watching for more news and especially more screenshots which hopefully will provide more insight than the few provided with today's announcement.

The inclusion of 3 click is a definite plus for me, it's my favorite way to play because I'm simply old school and enjoy it more than with a control stick.

Can't tell how much graphics may have been improved at this point, but bunker faces and lips may have gotten some work. Hard to tell with the few shots provided.

Looking forward to more info soon.
Ken

#8 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 08:50 PM

Looks like 2k21 with Tiger, some fixes and DLC content bolted on

A bit underwhelming after 2 years and adding in Tiger’s influence

Very disappointing launch video. There’s no way I’m spending £60 on a game that looks like a patched 2K21.

I don’t particularly like Mr. Woods and have no interest in Michael Jordan.

• Buck likes this
WWG1WGA

#9 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 24 August 2022 - 02:35 PM

Very disappointing launch video. There’s no way I’m spending £60 on a game that looks like a patched 2K21.

I don’t particularly like Mr. Woods and have no interest in Michael Jordan.

Same here...  in fact, no desire to play any "pro" and would rather create a fictional player to use in the game.   But yeah, the only modern golf game that will be released and it looks horrible.  

• Buck likes this

#10 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 27 August 2022 - 02:57 AM

Very interesting as apparently you will get two sleeves of balls to start the game and then you have to replenish your balls with your virtual dollars and all brands look to be in the game also.   I think this is great and more realism in the game and hey buy a dozen Pro V1 and a box of Bridgestone.  Also you will have a caddy that you can see and can pick out your bag for him to carry.  Also you can play as the pro golfers so yes you can play as Tiger or anyone else in the lineup which is kind of cool also.  A few people who play tested on invite have said its a lot different and plays better but one video I saw showed footage of number one hole at Augusta but couldnt confirm that as those who tested were not allowed to talk about some things.  One comment said that they played nine holes with the regular swing and nine holes with 3 click mode and the 3C was brutal and fun but not going to be easy to hit the mark all the time.  I will stick with my controller but my only issue is do I buy the game for PC or XBOX.  I got a 70 inch 4K tv and think I might go that route as I want 4K.  Looking forward to more info.

#11 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 27 August 2022 - 03:31 PM

Unless the course designer is much improved I won’t be buying it. I don’t understand why they haven’t really mentioned the 2K23 course designer, as to a lot of people it’s the biggest selling point. The few screen shots that I have seen look exactly the same as 2K21. 

• Buck and RobV like this
WWG1WGA

#12 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 September 2022 - 08:42 AM

I can't offer a fair opinon on the 2K23 version because all information that I have found in regards to this platform is sketchy at best. Having said that, I will make a few comments on the 2K21 version because  I have owned the computer version for about a year and a half now. First of all, I purchased the so called deluxe version for a little over $15.00 US so I can't really complain about the games short comings. I know that a lot of folks shelled out over $70.00. If I had done that, I would have felt that I got the shaft. By the way, 2K23 computer version is now available on Steam for a little over $50.00. For any of you who do not own either platform, be aware that at least the 2K21 platform is geared mainly for people who are online tournament play fanatics. You as a player basically only have control  over how you look (using the mediccre face maker), your wardrobe, your clubs, and the difficulty level you choose to play. My advice is to start at the pro or masters level and disregard all others. The interface of the game itself is way overdone and is cluttered up with a lot parafanalia you will never use or even need. I should also mention that being online to play is a requirement. The game offers two Tours, PGA & Korn Ferry.  When playing either of these Tours you will soon discover that only a handfull of the courses on either Tour are courses that the Pros actually play. I will also say that if you have the patience to play either one of these Tours more than once or twice you will have had your belly full of that experience. In a nutshell here is the GOOD the BAD & the Ugly. UGLY: No way to create custom tournaments using courses of your choice, no way to create custom pro players of your choice to play with you, if using Ghost Players, they ofen disregard the basic rules of golf, in bunker play you will never have a semi plugged or total plugged ball, unless playing online with live people,using Ghost Players, only Stroke  Match & 2 Man Team Match are possible from the 6 or seven formats of play offered. Sky options mediocre at best, lighting in this platform is outrageous. If you chose Afternoon to play under Partial Cloud or Overcast conditions along with tall treed fairways casting shadows you will need a flashlight to finish 18 holes. Bad: Physics of the putting stroke need improvement along with distances of all other clubs seem inconsistant, don't like the idea of being able to drive the ball 340 yds. consistantly off the tee,  allowing for elevation & wind results are also questionable, Justin Thomas the poster child, I like him as a person, great golfer, but if he was as good in real life as this  game portrays him on their PGA Tour, none of the other Pros would show up to play in a tournament. The Good: The gallery is done quite well with one fatal problem, no one in the gallery seems to be over 25 years old. This should be a clue to all of us who actually play the game and take it seriously, that the Devs that created this platform had a tongue in cheek attidude towards this creation. A platform geared towards the weekend warrior, beer drinking, cart zooming funtime crowd. Lastly, the Courses. Plenty of them. I you include both the 2020 & the 2021 -22 available courses that are playable on this 2K21 Platform, they number over 3000. On the average there are 3 to 4 new designs per day. With that many available, pretty soon many of them will look similar to many of the others that are available. I have both PG & 2K21 on my machine so I can transition from one platform to the other very quickly. We have some exellent designs here, but I have to say, there are many exellent designs in the 2K21 Platform as well. I have played at least 18 holes on 1200 courses at 2K21 and at least 75% of those I would have no problem recomending and playing again and again. Lastly I will just say this. If the 2K23 game has the same restrictions in regard to player choices of creating ones own players, courses, as well as formats of play, there would be no incentive for me to upgrade to the 2K23 Platform. With a little more insight from the Devs towards people who do not cherish online tournament play and would prefer to do their own thing within the platform, this could have been a pretty good game.

#13 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 September 2022 - 09:48 AM

If anyone here who hasn't bought either Thegolfclub or 2k21 ,humble bundle has a great deal going on.plus other great games in this bundle and others.

https://www.humblebu...megahits_bundle

#14 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 September 2022 - 09:31 PM

Planned Release Date for 2K23 on Steam is Oct.14. Not sure wether the date applies to both the PC version & the Console. You can pre-order the standard version thru Steam for $59.99 US now. The computer requirements to run this platform are listed. They appear to be a little more demanding than they were for 2K21. So if you are going the PC route and you have an older machine, processor speed, internet speed, ram and graphics card might be a factor in playing this platform without any issues. The Deluxe Edition is listed at $99.99. The Tiger Woods Edition lists at $119.99. Apparently the 2K21 courses will be able to be played on the 2K23 Platform but might require some tweaking, whatever that means. Personally, I will pass on 2K23 until the dust settles.

#15 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 22 September 2022 - 07:14 PM

Another review
https://www.ign.com/...ick-up-and-play

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#16 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 22 September 2022 - 07:26 PM

And the ugly words"pay to win" rear their ugly heads.
https://www.polygon....mycareer-skills

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#17 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 23 September 2022 - 03:32 AM

Is it just me because watching the trailer shows many things I could care less about.  I don't need to see the players walking reacting to the shot or shaking hands with other golfers.  PG has all I want in a golf game it just needs to be updated and add some new players, career mode and fix some of the quirks of the game.  I am sure others can add to this list.

• Buck, SReesor and tanman05851 like this

#18 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 September 2022 - 01:37 PM

I didn’t get to watch all of this but here is a review

https://youtu.be/chREnrCC5Ow

#19 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:28 PM

Is it just me because watching the trailer shows many things I could care less about.  I don't need to see the players walking reacting to the shot or shaking hands with other golfers.  PG has all I want in a golf game it just needs to be updated and add some new players, career mode and fix some of the quirks of the game.  I am sure others can add to this list.

Right, but none of what you want in PG is happening, so not sure what the point of mentioning this again...  After a few years of NO golf games, at least this going to be a modern game..  Not saying I am going to buy it, but at the very least, keep an eye on it..  

• Buck and Greensboronclion like this

#20 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 10:41 PM

Good to see the series continuing.

I'm personally more excited to see the EA game in the Spring, as I think that will be a true next gen game.

Of course, we need to see how the gameplay is.

I'm really hoping the EA crew learned their lessons from the Rory flop and reverts to some of the inspirations behind the TW 11-14 games, which were each largely excellent I thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users