6 replies to this topic

#1 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 06:35 PM

Does anyone know where the AI is stored in your PC?   I am copying all courses, BOPS, recorded rounds, etc. to another machine, but cannot seem to find what directory where my created AI players are.   Any ideas?  

Thanks!

#2 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 24 December 2022 - 03:55 AM

Might be stored in the cloud. DRM ya know.

#3 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 04:54 PM

Might be stored in the cloud. DRM ya know.

That's interesting... do you mean the Steam Cloud?   I guess I will proceed to install PG on this other machine and see if the AI shows up, but I am doubtful.   Everything else, I saved on an external drive and will copy to the appropriate directories.   Thanks..

#4 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 25 December 2022 - 02:22 AM

Yup, Steam cloud.

I didn't test it, been so long since I installed PG I can't remember if the players are pushed to the client or not.

• RobV likes this

#5 mwalimu

mwalimu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 07:17 PM

On my computer the player data appears to be stored in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\93022803\288140\remote\Perfect Golf\
There is a file in this folder called players.cfg that is more or less human readable, at least if you're familiar with JSON syntax and know where to find and how to use a JSON formatter. But that's probably not important if all you want to do is copy from one computer to another. At a guess, the other files in this folder have other config settings that one may also wish to transfer, though it's possible some of those settings are tied to the hardware where the old and new computers may differ.

Two of the subfolders in the above path may differ on your computer. My guess is that '93022803' is tied to my Steam account and will be different on your machine; there was only one such folder on my machine and I'm guessing that if your machine has multiple user accounts that play Steam games there would be one for each account. The '288140' is (I'm guessing) a game identifier and would be the same for all Steam users who have Perfect Golf installed, and other folders would be for other Steam games you have installed. Again, these are just guesses and you may have to hunt/search through the userdata subfolders to locate the Perfect Golf folder discussed in the above paragraph.

• RobV likes this

#6 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 04:15 PM

Thanks mwalimu... appreciate the assistance.  I will take a look, but at the same time and if I cannot find anything, I will just take the time to re-create the players one by one.   I took the time to create a spreadsheet containing all of my AI players, each with their own strengths, weakness, abilities, etc..  and it is easy enough to just create them again in PG.   I was just looking for an easier solution.. but will give your suggestions at least a look.. thanks again. 

#7 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 03 January 2023 - 10:14 PM

So, not stored in the cloud? Now I have to build a new box and fresh install to test!

• RobV likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users