#1 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:50 AM

The real tragedy in this whole affair is that there will be no more work done on PG1.

We've had a Clayton's announcement and I have a horrible feeling that there will not be a PG2 but after all these years of asking for stuff for PG1 and various bugs to be fixed and all the other things that should have been worked on (UI etc) we will never see a real PG1.

It's sort of like when John Lennon was killed and we'll never see the Beatles back together.

#2 granite00

granite00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:40 AM

Despite dev assurances the game will be supported into the future, can we continue to play PG1 (dev courses AND user designed courses) if it is completely abandoned? 

#3 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:56 AM

I can't see why not granite. It might as well be on sale well into the future as not.

#4 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:36 AM

The real tragedy is that you have good ideas, write well and are not using those talents for a good purpose.

What happened to the golf game you were working on?

#5 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:24 AM

I'm working on the concept and it's coming soon. 

#6 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

Despite dev assurances the game will be supported into the future, can we continue to play PG1 (dev courses AND user designed courses) if it is completely abandoned? 

If abandoned the only way to play may be offline which wouldn't be so bad as long as user made courses could also be played. Without those there wouldn't be much to keep me interested.

• SReesor likes this

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#7 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:08 PM

I would imagine that most of the issues with PG1 are not easy to correct with current game code. That would be why they decided to rewrite the game code from the ground up. I'm sure it wasn't because they had nothing better to do or trying to make more money.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#8 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

My Gawd Ted, let it rest.  I am tired of your continued drone of your posts about doom and gloom on JNPG.   You seem to hound the speculation of JNPG demise as if you enjoy it.  Oh wait!  No further comment needed.  Enjoy the bashing, trashing all you want.  Free speech after all.  

• Richard, xooze, Parboy and 4 others like this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#9 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:25 PM

You know when the knife has gone deep enough into PP when the faithful (and even Tigers Agent (- what's a dam ball?)) feel the cut and start squealing.

Please ban me. It would be a badge of honour.

It would be the Perfect end to this sad saga. There's nothing more to say anyway. 

The game at this point is all you're going to get kitty kats.

Let's see if this is enough for a ban....

PP is/was an industry joke.

#10 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:48 PM

Why would you be banned for saying what you think? However you are going to have to eat a lot of humble pie if PG2 does happen  :rolleyes: 

• jimbob59 likes this

#11 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:56 PM

The real tragedy is that you have good ideas, write well and are not using those talents for a good purpose.

+1000

Ted could be using his great talent at either OGT or PGLS creating wonderful tournaments for people to play.  Yet, he spends every minute drowning in his own self-pity.   Such a tragedy..... :)

#12 SDS

SDS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:58 PM

You know when the knife has gone deep enough into PP when the faithful (and even Tigers Agent (- what's a dam ball?)) feel the cut and start squealing.

Please ban me. It would be a badge of honour.

It would be the Perfect end to this sad saga. There's nothing more to say anyway. 

The game at this point is all you're going to get kitty kats.

Let's see if this is enough for a ban....

PP is/was an industry joke.

Why not just leave? Not trying to be snarky, just genuinely curious why some people online choose to wallow in the very things they openly despise. Isn't there something, anything, in your life that is more worthwhile than visiting a website multiple times a day that you clearly hate? A girlfriend or wife, another game that you actually do enjoy, a hobby beyond gaming, books, films, music...anything? Why beg to be banned when you can just go of your own volition? Isn't that a far more adult approach?

• xooze, J_Schollmeyer, RobC and 4 others like this

#13 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:48 PM

Stay a bit longer, Ted, and keep haunting these Forums. They won't ban you anyway. Every Titanic needs a band playing merry tunes on its first-class deck while it slowly sinks. Decay and doom can be things of beauty - with the proper sound track. Be the Nero to our burning Rome!

As for me, I've about had it with the endless radio silence. It stopped being quaintly secretive and became downright rude a few months ago. Hey, Titanic: All hands on deck, on the double!

That's right, ladies: K11 is officially pissed off! (Not a tragedy, true. But still...)

• nightowl, Kimmer1947 and DoGgs like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#14 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:59 PM

We now go live to Ted up on deck...

titanic-violin.png

• MERACE and zmax - sim like this

#15 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:09 PM

PG1 will continue to be supported for the foreseeable future and we have no plans at all to 'pull the plug'. We have spent a long time and much effort in building a community here with tournaments, CourseForge and the best multiplayer available on a golf game/sim so we would like that to continue.

#16 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:17 PM

Just to be fair here, Ted's original point in this thread was about no more work/features/bug fixes being done on PG1.

Nothing Mike has said so far, or recently for sure, indicates anything beyond "being supported" (in Z's quote above).

Z:  Do you infer from Mike's public statements so far that further development will come to PG1 vs just "keeping the servers on as is"?

The latter is what I expect to happen w/ PG1.

#17 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:52 PM

All effort should being directed towards PG2.   I wouldn't want them wasting resources on PG1, aside for some major bug fixes.  Probably just keeping server running as is.   

#18 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:56 PM

Probably just keeping server running as is.

Yep. Agreed.

#19 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:25 PM

All efforts should go to JNPG2 and in its current state JNPG1 is still the best game out there.  Links2003 is still being played over 15 years since it debuted and with no updates other than some community patches and is doing just fine that way and if this game is still supported and just not updated it could play for many years just like that.  I don't hear the outrage over TGC1 not having any more updates and probably the same can be said about TGC2 now that they have announced there will be a TGC3.  For the record I own TGC1 and TGC2 on both the PC and Xbox One and neither work a dime but hey I have them and the same with Rory which I own and it will have no updates and is still being played and will continue to be played.  Fact is if you like the game you will play it and if not you wont and for those looking for the perfect game forget it as it wont happen as there will always be some that find fault with whatever is put out there.  For me I will continue to play and enjoy and every once in a while throw in my 2 cent just as I am now.  To the Tee I go as I have a round to play. 

#20 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:54 PM

All efforts should go to JNPG2 and in its current state JNPG1 is still the best game out there.  Links2003 is still being played over 15 years since it debuted and with no updates other than some community patches and is doing just fine that way and if this game is still supported and just not updated it could play for many years just like that.  I don't hear the outrage over TGC1 not having any more updates and probably the same can be said about TGC2 now that they have announced there will be a TGC3.  For the record I own TGC1 and TGC2 on both the PC and Xbox One and neither work a dime but hey I have them and the same with Rory which I own and it will have no updates and is still being played and will continue to be played.  Fact is if you like the game you will play it and if not you wont and for those looking for the perfect game forget it as it wont happen as there will always be some that find fault with whatever is put out there.  For me I will continue to play and enjoy and every once in a while throw in my 2 cent just as I am now.  To the Tee I go as I have a round to play. 

Crow357 joined me for my OGT simulator tour round 2 last night at Bethpage Black.  He was TP RTSC and I was on simulator of course.  6400 yards.  I shot +2 and he shot -7.  I got beat but we had a lot of fun.  Like in real golf, I was playing the course and trying to get a good finish for FedEx points.  JNPG is the only golf sim that allows this to happen.   :)

• Greensboronclion likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users