#1 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:31 PM

Just recently I noticed something which intrigues me. Practicing on the practice range I was checking my swing data  and my eye caught an odd discrepancy? I mean the difference between the on-screen swing data on the bottom right side of the screen and what is subsequently shown in the post screen swing data window.

In this case different data concerning the swing path analysis. There seems to be different data recorded when making a swing? When I hit, say, 10 shots, I get 10 read-outs on my swing path (in/out/on plane). Let's say I get a 2 out/in in the bottom right of the screen, but subsequently I see a 5 out/in in the post screen? :huh:

On 10 shots most are not registering the same? Only once or twice are they exactly the same. Should this data feedback not be the same? And why is there a difference between these two? 

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#2 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:02 AM

What you are seeing is the off plane multiplier penalty per difficulty level applied post shot. TP is 4x PR 3x AM 2x can vary do to rounding. Hacker should be true 1:1.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#3 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:01 AM

The off plane multiplier penalty? Okay. Never heard of this but I can follow the reasoning. But here's the thing: I get different results here. It's all over the place really. Example: if I hit a 2 out/in shot (shown on the main screen) the post screen sometimes shows 4 out/in, some times 8 out/in and sometimes exactly the same (2 out/in). That does not make sense?.. :wacko: Something is wrong here. Plus: should these numbers not be exactly the same? Anybody can expand on this? ...

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#4 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:33 PM

What control method are you using? Wind would alter the final results, or I would imagine heel toe if using a mouse.

The first set of numbers are input values from the device, the post shot are the results from conditions and level multipliers applied in game. 

When the game first came out I studied the differences in the different difficulties and settings. You had custom setups then so some things may have changed when they dropped (merged) custom settings. But what I had found was the multipliers I mentioned above (which were referred to as swing assist levels I believe), and also a Max limit to the deviation in each difficulty level. Hacker you could not hit it more that 6 degrees offline, AM 12, PR 18, TP 24. I liked the custom setup using TP for Max deflection and Min assists for a 1:1 off plane ratio of Hacker. Made it fun for working the ball around the course.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#5 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:38 PM

I am using a Logitec cordless mouse. I'm playing Pro level without any tweaking the difficulty level. So if I understand you correctly, the info on the bottom right screen is more or less a standard value regardless of the swingmethod? So if I go out and play a course in the practice mode, this information is really useless as it does not relate to the specific swing method? The only exact/correct data is what is mentioned in the post screen when using the driving range then?

= Arnold Palmer =

#6 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:01 PM

Partially correct the info at bottom right is the actual data that is being received from the Controller/Mouse. I't not useless as it will show you how well you are moving the actual control device. But unless your playing hacker the shot output it is going to be more exaggerated and more sensitive the higher the difficulty. What's needed to make the game play increasingly harder and require more accuracy.

#7 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

Got it. Thanks Wirenut. :) 

= Arnold Palmer =

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users