#1 KChavis

KChavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:52 AM

​I like the slope and break numbers in TW14 - would be a nice addition to PG2 - for those who play with no green grids (see attachment)...(and excuse me for posting the same thing over at GC2 - just really like this feature) - 

Attached Files

• Jasonopith likes this

#2 rjc3095

rjc3095

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:08 AM

I just use the BLI to see break and elevation cause it's like reading a green IRL.
  • Mulligan likes this

#3 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:55 AM

I just use the BLI to see break and elevation cause it's like reading a green IRL.

Agree! To me using the BLI  (Break Line Indicator) is almost cheating. Far more accurate than the ugly grid. 

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:02 AM

Agree! To me using the BLI  (Break Line Indicator) is almost cheating.

The BLI offers too much information if you ask me.

Just one mans opinion of course..

#5 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:05 AM

BLI = confussion stick. also reminds me of a putt preview as it can

be used as such on some putts. so i guess i can also call it an exploit stick.

no bli here grid only.

after just recently upgrading to a 1060 card i have noticed the better card the more you will see of the green

and all the little twists and turns are much more see able. so i do understand how folks with the lower end cards 

need a BLI

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#6 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:59 PM

The BLI offers too much information if you ask me.

Just one mans opinion of course.

I guess the fairest then is NO AIDS at all but 2 negatives there : If you have low res computer /monitor it would harder to see the slight breaks (that's what BLI is good at) and I can't think of the other reason lol (I hate getting old).

The big negative of grid is its ugliness. Can't tolerate even looking at it. Well 2nd reason never came to my brain, maybe someone can fill in the blank. 

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

#7 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:16 PM

I only use the BLI too, only because I think the grid spoils the view, looks so unnatural and I am too concerned with things should be looking good. It is a bit too much of a giveaway I agree, even though my putting stroke average is higher most real life pros.

In the old JN6 game we could change the colour of the grid, and I had a grid colour that could just be seen on most greens (depending on the darkness of the green texture). It not only made greensites look acceptable to my eye, it also served as a way to make them less obvious to read. Not like playing "naked mode" but a bitin that direction.

• Charles likes this

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#8 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:54 AM

I only use the BLI too, only because I think the grid spoils the view, looks so unnatural and I am too concerned with things should be looking good. It is a bit too much of a giveaway I agree, even though my putting stroke average is higher most real life pros.

In the old JN6 game we could change the colour of the grid, and I had a grid colour that could just be seen on most greens (depending on the darkness of the green texture). It not only made greensites look acceptable to my eye, it also served as a way to make them less obvious to read. Not like playing "naked mode" but a bitin that direction.

I tried searching, but came up empty... isn't there a way to change the color of the grid, the color of the swing meter, and forgot if there was something else?    I thought I have seen some videos where some may have a different color grid??    Maybe I had one too many and this isn't the case at all. ha ha ha

#9 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:21 PM

no grid color change can be done

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#10 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:51 AM

no grid color change can be done

ok then, I will stick to the BLI.   Agree with Goran.   The grid is just horrific in this game... one of the worst I've ever seen in any golf game.  

#11 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

ok then, I will stick to the BLI.   Agree with Goran.   The grid is just horrific in this game... one of the worst I've ever seen in any golf game.  

Really? Check out TGC19. Compared to that monstrosity the JNPG grid is a Mona Lisa! :lol: I like the BLI stick. Sure, it could be less informative (no heights and lengths) but it's an option. Nobody has to play with the BLI on after all. I agree that if reading greens would be almost as sharp view-wise as irl i would opt to have the BLI out. But as is i'm good with it for now.

• Pappy likes this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#12 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:53 PM

We'll call this "The Anniversary Reply" Charles lol! Speaking of PG2 maybe somebody can set up another poll on whether we'll get a PC/Mac version of PG2 before Global Warming finishes off Mother Earth in 10-12 years (according to AOC).
(I thought I put in Charles quotes but guess not - anyway it's above)

#13 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:48 PM

Doesn’t seem like there’s any point in another poll.

Feels like it’s probably over for PG2 unless you are a Trackman Sim owner

#14 EmmittHycle

EmmittHycle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 05:24 AM

日本片商合法授權 極道光碟屋 台中AV女優光碟店 日本片商合法授權 – AV女優光碟.名器專賣(未滿18歲禁止) http://avgood-store.com/

#15 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:26 PM

日本片商合法授權 極道光碟屋 台中AV女優光碟店 日本片商合法授權 – AV女優光碟.名器專賣(未滿18歲禁止) http://avgood-store.com/

お尻括約筋は書かれたことを言う

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users