#1 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:05 AM

It was great to see the Official comps back up and running. Thanks Mike.

Everything worked fine for me. I'm not sure if this is important but I played my first round with a name that wasn't my Steam name (Ted Ball (a) instead of Ted_Ball). After the first round the leaderboard didn't finalise but when I went back for the second round having changed to the correct name my first round score was there. All good.

Another thing - my computer lost power during the second round and booted me. The game placed me back to address a putt I'd taken before the power failure. This added two shots to my score. It didn't worry me at all but it made me wonder if that's a way to stop killing your computer after a bad shot. That's good if that's the case.

Anyway it was a very enjoyable tournament. Sixteen players so far on the first day in the Amateur two-rounder. Get in there guys and make this popular. I had a nice tussle with a bloke called Tiberius  ;) and managed to finish one better than him.

I'd like to see an Amateur four-rounder. Amateur is Perfect with RTS-M for me but I'll play Pro as well if we don't get a four round Amateur tournament.

And the new Shadowlands looks great and plays tough and interesting.

Enthusiasm restored. 

#2 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:35 AM

Fantastic to see 160 players in the Pro tournament at Shadowlands. That is a statement right there.

I'd like to see some of the people who are shooting high at Pro enter the Amateur tournament as well. If we get the numbers at Amateur we might get a four rounder.

I'm happy. No negativity here.

• clubcaptain likes this

#3 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:01 AM

Fantastic to see 160 players in the Pro tournament at Shadowlands. That is a statement right there.

I'd like to see some of the people who are shooting high at Pro enter the Amateur tournament as well. If we get the numbers at Amateur we might get a four rounder.

I'm happy. No negativity here.

That sure is a statement Ted. A positive one. PG should be jumping all over this and enhancing the frequency of these tournaments and the options.Although they are very busy with PG2, it's good business sense to keep PG! owners interest with the status quo as high as possible ready for the jump. It's this kind of thing that fits the bill and is it really too time consuming ?

• Ted_Ball likes this

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#4 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:13 PM

I am not sure what happened in the Amateur tournament...  I played the first round as me, a human player, but when I went to play the 2nd round, it selected one of my created AI players???    I cannot get to play the 2nd round as me.. 

#5 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:16 PM

I am not sure what happened in the Amateur tournament...  I played the first round as me, a human player, but when I went to play the 2nd round, it selected one of my created AI players???    I cannot get to play the 2nd round as me.. 

try renaming your ai players then try again

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#6 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:55 PM

Same here. It selected a player I had named as Pro.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#7 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:32 PM

Check your Steam name and make that name your default player in PG with Amateur as his playing level. 

That's all I can offer.

#8 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:33 AM

Good numbers at Shadowlands for Pro and Amateur. Amateur at 34. I'd like to see more there to get a four round comp.

A couple of things that should be noted...

The Shadowlands Pro event seems to have exactly the same pins for every round but I think each round had different pin settings.

Also the leaderboard has weird scores coming up in the first round column...

Untitled.png

#9 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 03:42 AM

42 players have already finished four rounds of the Shadowlands Pro. Great numbers.

Another thing....

3rd and 4th round were announced as Breezy but I was playing in 25mph winds.

The worst part of this is that there won't be any more new Official tournaments for a month.

I realise (or I'm assuming) it is not easy setting up the tournaments but, in my case, I would play many more comps in a month. Two single round club comps per week (Wednesday and Saturday like we have at my old real club) would attract players I'm sure. I also realise PP might be reluctant to relinquish control but a committee of trusted members could be organised for tournament or comp setting who might relieve PP's workload - especially when you consider PG2 might not be out for another 12 months.

#10 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 03:46 AM

I just worked out the strange first round scores are probably current strokes during rounds. Is that right?

As you were.

#11 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:21 AM

42 players have already finished four rounds of the Shadowlands Pro. Great numbers.

Another thing....

The worst part of this is that there won't be any more new Official tournaments for a month.

I realise (or I'm assuming) it is not easy setting up the tournaments but, in my case, I would play many more comps in a month. Two single round club comps per week (Wednesday and Saturday like we have at my old real club) would attract players I'm sure. I also realise PP might be reluctant to relinquish control but a committee of trusted members could be organised for tournament or comp setting who might relieve PP's workload - especially when you consider PG2 might not be out for another 12 months.

There was an offer to help out in creating tournaments a long time ago. Let's hope PG want to give it a go soon.

• Ted_Ball likes this

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#12 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:07 PM

Another thing....

I think this was an error in the way I set the tournament up. I accidentally overwrote a June event from last year while setting this up so I will be sure not to do that again! I think at least 1 weekly tournament would be a good idea.

• xooze, Greensboronclion and Ted_Ball like this

#13 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:47 PM

Tried the suggestions above to no avail.   Naming, renaming..  not sure why I have to do any of this and cannot continue a tournament with the same player I started with.  Oh well...  it is what it is.   Maybe I will try the next tournament. 

#14 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

I just worked out the strange first round scores are probably current strokes during rounds. Is that right?

As you were.

That was my guess, but I don't know that for sure either.

#15 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:19 PM

Just a question.

While it is great to see the numbers interested in Tournaments, are all folk aware that there are 2 Tours already up and running involving Orders of Merit and World Rankings and stats (I know many do know, but lots of names on the leaderboards you don't see at either site)?

One is sub based - OGT, very well run.

The other is PGLS - also very well run free to join and play as much or as little as you want..

Only pointing this out as these events seem a bit hit and miss when being set and are only 1 a month whereas the 2 Tours have multiple events each week, so if you like the Official events but need more, check out the 2 Tours mentioned above too for your competitive needs.

Whilst I don't normally play the Official events, I did play the 1st round at Shadowlands and did like the leaderboard only showing the leaderboard as it stands at each hole, a current standings situation.

• Greensboronclion and zmax - sim like this

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#16 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:29 PM

Thanks for that Mike. I appreciate this.

Affo....OGT and PGLS would probably find it beneficial to maintain a forum presence as an advertisement for their sites, what they offer and upcoming events. They used to in the past. 

I'm sure a large percentage of players in the Officials don't come to this forum so, the fact that every player starts in the main lobby, having tournaments that people can jump straight into is a positive for TM/PP in terms of numbers. It must be encouraging for TM/PP to see the popularity of Officials because the more people playing (and liking it) the more people will follow through to purchasing PG2 and DLC.

Convenience, simplicity and providing what I want are my reasons why Officials work for me. Whether they are hit and miss remains to be seen but I'm full of confidence they will be popular into the future.

#17 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:04 PM

Whilst I don't normally play the Official events, I did play the 1st round at Shadowlands and did like the leaderboard only showing the leaderboard as it stands at each hole, a current standings situation.

Yeah, that's a great innovation. I would have though OGT and PGLS had that as well?

As for forum advertising for those sites - my silly little US Rastas leaderboard had 2111 views. 

I will happily reveal why I don't play at those sites (nothing sinister) if anyone wanted to PM me.

#18 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:33 AM

thanks for the shout out affo and yes we have a choice how to view leader boards at ogt such as net or gross and clubhouse leaders, synchronized or standard..

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#19 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:42 AM

Weekly tournaments sound great, this would give controller players a reason to play again as the other two tourney sites don't allow the scores on the leader boards.

Controller is a great way to play this game but as Mark form PGLS said we need a way to stop the non legit ways of playing so the controller is accepted again.

The controller is the future for gaming and all new and younger players will want to play this way.

• MimicPS and Greensboronclion like this

#20 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:42 AM

Good point Sam.

The two tourney sites place the emphasis on levels to highlight the respective champions with a push to compete at the higher level - Tour Pro. That's something that is needed of course and they provide a formal platform to that end. The upshot of that is it gives rise to the problems they have with forgiving controllers. 

I believe there is a greater percentage of people who just want to play for the hell of it. The numbers in the Official Pro tournaments bear that out. In those Officials no-one knows what swing device anyone else uses and I doubt if many care. 

This prompts me to refer to my thread "How low can you go?". An Amateur comp is 100% completely full of players who can all hit the ball pretty much straight. Therefore it doesn't matter what device anyone uses. As I pointed out it doesn't matter if some guy blitzes the field - it is simply telling us who the best golfer is. And that places more emphasis on strategy and how much thought and work you put into your game - from driving right through to putting.

That follows through to Pro level to a certain extent.

I don't know what the numbers are like in the Tour Pro Official. I'll check it out soon. I'll be interested to see. But blimey charlie, it's a brave move to ban controllers in any club these days for the reasons you point out Sam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users