• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 orestgogosha

orestgogosha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:08 AM

How do I install a downloaded course when I am using steam?

#2 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:42 AM

Need to download them from either OGT (  http://simulation.on...se-reviews.html  ) free downloads or PGLS. once you download them you have to unzip them into a course forlder in the following location. Your drive might not be C: drive. Unzip and drop the folder into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Perfect Golf\Courses.

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#3 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:00 AM

41038395780_e090e7d851_b.jpg

Hope this helps.

#4 Thegodfather67

Thegodfather67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:23 PM

I have done this for approximately 20 courses. They played fine. Approximately 1 week ago they do not appear when I play the game. Something is definitely not right. When I try to play a screenshot, a window comes up telling me I dont have that coarse. Who is running the show at perfect parallel?

#5 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

Double check that you do not have a folder within a folder. Sometimes, either through a mistake made by the designer when zipping files, or a mistake by the end-user in unzipping, you can sometimes find this is the case.

So far as installing goes, nothing has changed and it is wholly a Windows operation. If user-created courses you have already downloaded and installed are showing, then it will be the above which is causing the issue. If you are seeing no user-created courses and instead only see those which come with the game, then it will be a Steam connection issue. Exit from Steam and allow it to load any update it has, and that will normally remedy Steam connection issues.

#6 okko

okko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:47 PM

Need to download them from either OGT (  http://simulation.on...se-reviews.html  ) free downloads or PGLS. once you download them you have to unzip them into a course forlder in the following location. Your drive might not be C: drive. Unzip and drop the folder into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Perfect Golf\Courses.

Do both of these sites have the same courses or are there different ones at each?  I take it that Online Golf Tour no longer hosts courses?

Kev

#7 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:13 AM

OGT does still have free for all course downloads and always has. There may be a few that ogt does not have but honestly that's because they didn't meet criteria. or designer chose not to publish with us.

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#8 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:49 AM

http://social.perfec...n this as well.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#9 lsy5336

lsy5336

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:50 PM

I have tried loading courses using the address C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\PerfectGolf\Courses and the only one that made it onto the carousel will not load, in fact it freezes everything

#10 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:30 PM

Try this video:

#11 Sup?

Sup?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 01:14 PM

Where are you supposed to download courses from here?

#12 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:56 AM

Where are you supposed to download courses from here?

Click on Courses...  

#13 xtiger74

xtiger74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:46 PM

Hey everyone

A few months back I built a golf simulator cage at home (attic) using a Skytrak.   Luckly I bought JNPG before it was no longer available for purchase, but never gave it a shot till now.  It was too hot on the attic in the summer and real golf was nicer.  

Autumn seem to have kicked in, dark, windy and rainy days. So I've only recently started experimenting with JNPG, especailly as I wanted to play the Ryder Cup course which I found, amongst others on  OGT thanks to a tip on the golfsimulatorforum.com.

Without bragging I can say I am a computer professional, but like some people reported on Perfect Parralel and Golfladders, the downloaded courses did never appear in the carrousel.

I did Steam Game File integrety checks, clear steam cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, redownlaoded the courses, used the (cool!) course checker program. Started playing with security rights on the (default) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Perfect Golf\Courses folder etc.  Nothing seemed to work.

Until I got a pointer by coincience.

I turned on my game laptop, launched PG, but just forgot to go through the 'connect to Skytrak' / 'connect to perfect golf' process in the separate Perfect Golf Simulator Console window (i.e. dind't click connect to skytrak / connect to pg).  

I was scrolling through the carrousel to play some default installed course (which always worked by the way),  and miracle o miracle,  all courses where in there!

I was playing a few Pebble Beach holes and felt happy (not with my ball striking, but with JNPG additional course working :).

Next day I got all excited to play again, but ... the courses where gone again.  I couldn't believe it.  And then it became clear. I remembered the only thing I did the day before was I acceidentally forgot to connect to Skytrak first.

So the fix (off course if you've correctly unzipped and put the folders in the right path, not burried in another folder), is to lauch PG ignore the Golf Simulator Console connect window.  Choose your course.

Once the couse had loaded, use Windows + Tab to bring up the Golf Simulator Console connect window, turn on your Skytrak and press the connect to Skytrak'and 'connect to perfect golf' red dots. When they are both green, go back to the main screen and your Skytrak laser dot will be there and off you go!  If you decide to end your round to play soething else, you'll noticed the downloaded courses are gone again.  So you will again need to restart your game without Skytrak connection.

Hope this is helpful for everyone.

I am totally new in the virtual / screengolf scene.

GoTeamEurope!

xtiger74
Belgium

#14 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 10:15 PM

Yes, as a skytrak user your skytrak must be on and connected as soon as you start the game

This is because depending on which package you have with your ST you get differing amounts of courses, ie just the range on the basic, 12 courses (no user made ones) in the middle package, and all courses on the top package.

So to make sure you only get what you paid for the skytrak has to be connected and your pass “type” validated every time you first open PG

That’s my understanding anyway

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#15 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:53 AM

IIRC, as soon as you start PG (with SkyTrak previously set as the simulator), it would automatically run SimConsole and connect. In fact I got so used to it doing everything automatically I would forget to do the manual connect the GC2 requires when I moved over to it. I can't recall ever having to do what you describe, xtiger, or seeing courses missing.

I tend to think you either had internet speed issues (preventing license verification as John explained), or you had gone to select a course quicker than the SkyTrak could verify your license.

I recommend joining OGT if you haven't yet -- you're only getting 10% of the experience without it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users