#1 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:38 AM

Ok it started last night on the first hole at the event at Belle Isle I am in the middle of the fairway and start my 2nd shot and hit the snap at the top and as its coming down to the bottom it stops for some reason around 9 oclock and sits there for about 5 seconds and then the Ani swings and the ball goes nowhere.  So this morning at the PGLS Open event at Cherry Hill it happens again 3 times and think to myself wow what the heck is going on with the meter.  It was so bad I had to quit the round as to me that is unplayable.  I tried a few more holes somewhere else and no problems so I am wondering is this a Steam issue or game issue and has anybody else seen this happen.  I have a recorded round of it happening at Belle Isle and its loaded on the mega recording site.  Just wondering.

• Sup? likes this

#2 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:29 PM

Ok it started last night on the first hole at the event at Belle Isle I am in the middle of the fairway and start my 2nd shot and hit the snap at the top and as its coming down to the bottom it stops for some reason around 9 oclock and sits there for about 5 seconds and then the Ani swings and the ball goes nowhere.  So this morning at the PGLS Open event at Cherry Hill it happens again 3 times and think to myself wow what the heck is going on with the meter.  It was so bad I had to quit the round as to me that is unplayable.  I tried a few more holes somewhere else and no problems so I am wondering is this a Steam issue or game issue and has anybody else seen this happen.  I have a recorded round of it happening at Belle Isle and its loaded on the mega recording site.  Just wondering.

i ran across a tourney round yesterday and the meter was acting funny

the fps where low. i got out and restarted steam and the game and it was gone.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#3 Sup?

Sup?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:40 PM

I have been having this exact thing happening lately as well.  It's a total game freeze for about 5 seconds which only seems to occur while I am swinging.  Started happening about 3 weeks ago.  Since PP hasn't done a thing to the game in months (at least to my knowledge) I am suspecting NVIDIA drivers since it's the only thing I have changed in that period.

Just out of curiosity, were you on Discord when this happened by any chance?

#4 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:57 PM

Sup,

May I enquire as to whether this was a PGLS-originated round, or was it elsewhere, or indeed not a tour round at all and in just normal pick-up rounds?

Trying to determine if it is an issue we have to look at specifically on our side (PGLS) or a wider issue.

We have also been seeing some recent issues surrounding the ongoing passage-of-play recording for tour rounds, which we think we have isolated to being a PP server issue or Steam issue, as we are not generating any errors within our database and connection monitoring.

Mike

MiMiC

PGLS Admin Team

#5 Rackme32

Rackme32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:53 PM

What is "passage-of-play recording"?

Went to Digital Storm and ordered me up a nice gaming machine :)

Intel i3 chip at 3.9G

16 gig DDR4 RAM

GeForce 970 GTX 4gig vid card

240G SSD

1TB HD

Windows 10

It's HERE!!  JNPG runs great with all the bells and whistles at max or close to it...  I still turn 3D render off for the swing, tho.

#6 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:24 PM

I have been having this exact thing happening lately as well.  It's a total game freeze for about 5 seconds which only seems to occur while I am swinging.  Started happening about 3 weeks ago.  Since PP hasn't done a thing to the game in months (at least to my knowledge) I am suspecting NVIDIA drivers since it's the only thing I have changed in that period.

Just out of curiosity, were you on Discord when this happened by any chance?

Sup no I was not on Discord when it happened.  You are right its like a total game freeze and you could be right on the NVIDIA drivers also.  Very tough to stay focused when it happens once and I saved that round but after 3 times it was enough for me and unfortunately it was the Open event.  I have only seen this happen in Tournament events if that helps anybody out there.

#7 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:27 PM

Sup,

May I enquire as to whether this was a PGLS-originated round, or was it elsewhere, or indeed not a tour round at all and in just normal pick-up rounds?

Trying to determine if it is an issue we have to look at specifically on our side (PGLS) or a wider issue.

We have also been seeing some recent issues surrounding the ongoing passage-of-play recording for tour rounds, which we think we have isolated to being a PP server issue or Steam issue, as we are not generating any errors within our database and connection monitoring.

Mike

MiMiC

PGLS Admin Team

Mike the first time it happened I was recording the round at it was a Golfers World round at Belle Isle but the 2nd round was the Open and I was not recording the round.  I hope that helps some.

#8 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:09 PM

If it is a pause, then that can only be one of two issues - either local, as in driver issues or a massive call on the processor, or possibly, and I am only saying possibly as I am not sure what happens during a swing, that the game server has an issue.

Tour providers do not actually run their rounds on their own game server - they receive data from Perfect Parallel where the game is playing out through their game server, with providers only receiving outputs based on that play.

By 'passage-of-play' I mean the shot-by-shot play, received as positional data, along with score data and other outputs. Each shot in PG creates a whole lot of data each time, which we base our tour provision upon. For example, we use one item which is the output back from PP's API to produce our own saved game state on a shot-by-shot basis, and around which we can base live leaderboards (other than that used within PG itself), auto-reporting of matchplay results, and all of the other sort of things that make up various formats of play. 

The specific problem we have been seeing, which as I say is not swing meter relevant but may inform us of a wider issue with the game server, is that whilst play continues, we are getting random occasions where no ongoing scoring is taking place according to PP outputs, whilst we know that players are continuing onwards and continuing to provide input through PP's server. It would appear to us that at certain points the server at PP may lose its integrity for a brief time, but those whose play does not remain at the same point for this brief loss are then no longer updated with their data.

#9 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:38 PM

Well I adjusted my settings of the graphics and set for High instead of Ultra and played my 1st round at the PGLS PGA event and no issues and meter was clean and fps was pretty good also so maybe I had my settings to high but anyway I will keep tabs and if I see more problems I will pass on the info.  I am always checking my drivers and am up to date so I know that wasn't the issue.

#10 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:24 PM

Ok tonight at the PGLS PGA event I am on 6 putting for birdie from 5 ft and in the bottom corner I see NVIDIA new driver available so I click it off and line up my putt and bring it back and click and it freezes again for about 5 seconds and the putt is shanked.  So after blowing off some steam I go to hit the par putt and it freezes again.  Wow now I am really mad but hey I hit another and low and behold putt goes in for Bogie.  I spent the rest of the round fighting a stuttering meter and the FPS was fine and I had PR on so that was not it.  Lately the meter sucks and if a Dev is here please chime in as its getting to be a daily occurrence and a real bummer as it totally destroyed that round.  Help.

#11 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:30 AM

uninstall Geforce experience then you won't get those auto updates running in the background.

• jmk59 likes this

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#12 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:57 AM

uninstall Geforce experience then you won't get those auto updates running in the background.

It wasn't an update as it was just letting me know it was available. I have to manually install the new driver.

#13 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:12 AM

I did report in another thread that when playing a tourney round, that the meter goes at different speeds. But not in friendly games.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#14 Sup?

Sup?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:11 PM

Heya Greens, did you ever resolve this matter?  I am still having these issues.

#15 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:09 PM

Sup I fixed it by quit playing 3C but I intend in a few minutes to play a PGLS round and see if a couple weeks help and will let you know.

#16 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:55 PM

Played 18 at PGLS Classic and had no problems as it was smooth as butter tonight while playing.  Don't really know what the problem is when it happens just that its aggravating and makes me just want to stop right there.  Anyway tonight was good we will see what tomorrow brings and maybe my putter will show up this time also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users