24 replies to this topic

#1 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:06 PM

I've sent a new link to OGT for West Lancashire Golf Club.

I didn't realise that the Par and Index had to be the same for every tee for each hole. IRL the ladies card is completely different to the men's on each hole.

#2 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:02 PM

Just for future info, at PGLS we built our set-up to be a multi-factoral database and so can handle a range of par totals and differing indicies on a round-by-round basis. We figured this was best to do, as in many cases real-life courses will have just such differences, and we seek to accommodate the vision of the designer, whether in creating their own course, or in producing the most accurate re-creation.

Mike

MiMiC

http://pgls.golfladd.../pgls_intro.php

#3 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:01 PM

I do not know if anyone else has this issue but a mate and I do.  While playing this course the game lags horribly.  Every click of the mouse has 2-3 seconds lag.  

#4 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:56 AM

Yesterday hbthree and I played the F9 of this course, and experienced the same 2-3 second delay on every shot, no matter whose shot it was.  We thought it must be some kind of glitch in the course.  So, as pretty and good as this course is, it was so bad, we decided we weren't going to play it again.

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#5 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:57 AM

I’m going to download it from the link and have a look myself. I’ve played it hundreds of times on both pc and simulator and multiplayer without any issues. I even played it on an old laptop lots of times to keep an eye on the FPS especially at the end when all the extra bits were added. Sorry it’s been troublesome. It’s my first effort so delayed release for a month to play it as much as possible to avoid such problems.
  • GoldenBear likes this

#6 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:41 AM

I’m going to download it from the link and have a look myself. I’ve played it hundreds of times on both pc and simulator and multiplayer without any issues. I even played it on an old laptop lots of times to keep an eye on the FPS especially at the end when all the extra bits were added. Sorry it’s been troublesome. It’s my first effort so delayed release for a month to play it as much as possible to avoid such problems.

Yes Andrew something strange is going on.  There is another course out recently called Pumpkin Ridge (Witch Hollow) by Dace that does the exact same thing.  I tried both yours and his both multiplayer with a friend and solo.  Same lag on both courses.  It is though some strange bug has very recently happened with Unity or something.  Who knows?

We would love to play it through as your work on the first 3 holes we played looked great.  Hopefully something can be found out or like many small bugs might go away on its own.  :)

#7 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:54 AM

been noticing a lot of bad connections lately in MP along with

screen lag badly at times i mean a guy takes a shot and the others see it. 20 to 30 seconds later

the person who hits the shot see it, kind of funny being able to tell the guy about this shot before he sees it land.

i see these connection issues mostly when there is 100 or better online.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#8 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:43 PM

I’m pretty gutted tbh. I played it to death before releasing to try to avoid these sorts of problems. When people say they wouldn’t play it again is disappointing. It’s a pretty fair test with hard greens and breezy but good scores to be had with softer, calmer conditions. I was careful to check the FPS throughout to ensure it was playable with average spec PCs. As a newbie I’m still not too sure which things kill the FPS, just worked on trial and error. I’m hoping this is a server issue and not a problem with the course. I downloaded it from OGT today and played on an old laptop and it ran fine so not sure where I go from here.

#9 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:55 PM

been noticing a lot of bad connections lately in MP along with

screen lag badly at times i mean a guy takes a shot and the others see it. 20 to 30 seconds later

the person who hits the shot see it, kind of funny being able to tell the guy about this shot before he sees it land.

i see these connection issues mostly when there is 100 or better online.

Crap - this is still happening?

My uncle and I haven't played in week+ as I was hoping that would be sorted.

I have to think if there's an issue they'll address it simply for the Trackman users, no?

Or maybe they have a totally different way to connect and interact online for MP?

(if so - our goose is cooked here)

#10 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:03 PM

AJ,  I'm sorry I sounded so defiant. 

The course is beautiful, and were it not for the lag, would be a lot of fun to play.

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#11 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:07 PM

Just Downloaded from OGT and played single player and there was no lag whatsoever framerates of 60 and above so it must be a multiplayer thing or a connection thing and nothing to do with the course IMHO

By the way very nice looking course

• LeazesNDR, ✠ davef ✠ and NoPutt like this

#12 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:39 PM

Cheers for that RobC. I’m slightly less demoralised now.

#13 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:49 PM

Oh well.  I guess it will be impossible to find.  If I go to another course it plays lag free regardless of how many in lobby.  As soon as I load this course up or Pumpkin Ridge there is heavy lag.  Sigh

#14 xooze

xooze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:03 PM

My frame rate never drops below 50. The lag I get is when using the BLI, or clicking an icon there is a second or two pause. I believe it was the Camargo course had the same problem. Pumpkin Ridge is different for me the frame rate is in the low 20s. I enjoy playing this course well done. Thanks for sharing.

Bob

#15 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:43 PM

I just went and tested it for myself to see. I'm on the northeast coast of the United States and played with a friend that's on the West Coast. I typically play RTS or motion swing, but played with three click to test it. My friend was the host and I had no lag and a perfectly smooth three click meter. So no problems on my end. I also have my settings at ultrahigh default. I still believe the biggest problem is the Internet connection between two players. Great job on your first course, Andrew.

Also, my frame rates never dropped below 55 and for the most part were mid-60s, and above

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#16 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:11 PM

Could I ask what sort of grass object distance those having issues are using, and also if they have dynamic skies on (not that I can see a correlation for that, but know it affects framerates)?

#17 xooze

xooze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:57 PM

Dynamic skies on, grass set to 300.

Bob

#18 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:22 AM

Dynamic skies on, everything maxed out.

The "lag" that I experience (this is during a solo round) is when using the BLI, the l/r arrow keys or when clicking on an icon or the main screen to aim.  It is not tied to a frame rate issue.  Frame rates are fine.   I noticed that anything that was moving in the background - grass, leaves, flag, etc. - will stop and "freeze" for about 1.5 seconds at which point the game responds. 

I have a nagging suspicion that it may be related to the grass objects.  I think the game may be "reloading" all the grass objects whenever it has to redraw the screen and that is what is taking the time for the game to respond.  However, it's just a theory though I have seen this behavior on some other courses that had heavy grass planting.  

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#19 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:45 AM

Dynamic skies on, everything maxed out.

The "lag" that I experience (this is during a solo round) is when using the BLI, the l/r arrow keys or when clicking on an icon or the main screen to aim.  It is not tied to a frame rate issue.  Frame rates are fine.   I noticed that anything that was moving in the background - grass, leaves, flag, etc. - will stop and "freeze" for about 1.5 seconds at which point the game responds. 

I have a nagging suspicion that it may be related to the grass objects.  I think the game may be "reloading" all the grass objects whenever it has to redraw the screen and that is what is taking the time for the game to respond.  However, it's just a theory though I have seen this behavior on some other courses that had heavy grass planting.  

i had the same feeling.when i built the links south africa i got a little of the same.not as bad but it was there.both courses are links and heavy in grass.i noticed when clicking on screen there is a hugh hit on the frame rates from 50,60 to 12 for about a second before it jumped back to 60. 

#20 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 08 September 2018 - 02:10 AM

i noticed when clicking on screen there is a hugh hit on the frame rates from 50,60 to 12 for about a second before it jumped back to 60. 

i just played the stableford tourney on this course and i got this same thing. yesterday when i played it i did not notice it at all

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users