#1 gravedodger

gravedodger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationThe northy part of Ireland

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:21 PM

Been playing PG since release with no problems at all, no stutters or audio sync problems then today I decide to click on the auto update for my graphics card, ho ho ho ... big mistake!

For you AMD (ATI) users out there be careful of the latest drivers, I was using version 14.4 (about 8 months old) and everything was fine but then jumped to the latest ones today and they caused mini-freezes in-game which then created a problem with the audio sync with the club swing, ball landing etc and worst of all, the mini-freeze affects the 3 click swing meter so virtually impossible to get the timing.

I currently use an R9 270X Sapphire card with an i5 4460 3.2 cpu and 8gig ram.

Uninstalled the new drivers, went back to the older ones and everything sweet again.
As they say, if it ain't broken ...

By the way, the updated drivers today were not the beta ones.

• Rehit likes this

#2 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

Yeah these darn computers they also make them to automatically do things for us like whatever an update is - it's the best thing - but then Windows constantly backs up a restore point - Y - because it is needed when ya change stuff like the toilet seat lid up or down it can monkey up stuff - The PC people need to leave us alone and quite trying to do stuff for us automatically. 

Try and turn all that stuff off - the problem with doing that is the pc often turns it back on even though you told it now to 

So you have to buy a good golf game to soother yourself and its called Perfect Golf 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#3 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:49 AM

That's why, assuming I don't forget, I always set downloads to 'notify me when a new download is available', rather than do an automatic download. By using my method, I can than always 'create a restore point' before installation. If I not satisfied with the download, I can always 'roll back'.

Richard

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users