M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:04 AM

We oughta have one, dontcha think?

Any night owls (or morning owls in Europe) watching early coverage?

One thing that is driving me crazy so far is both sides are wearing navy blue.... half the time I can't tell who is hitting a shot.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:22 AM

In the time-honored couch-potato spirit of continental chauvinism by proxy I simply must fanatically support the European team, no matter what. Let's make America small again.

• Carl Lapin and GoldenBear like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:14 PM

As much as I want Team Blue to win, I think that Team Red will be just too strong and will comfortably win with a score around the 16-12 mark

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#4 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:20 PM

Whats happened to Mcilroy? a lot has been made about Tiger's fall over the years but Rory has been bang average for a long time now, he's playing twice today, i might have been tempted to drop him for the afternoon, he looked lost this morning.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#5 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:48 PM

Too much too soon for Rory I think- he needs to get back to basics although I do think that the standard of golf at the top level has increased consistently over the years and to win, especially Majors, you need to hole putts and Rory doesnt hole anywhere near enough putts

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#6 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 September 2018 - 01:34 PM

Some of the 'top' players struggling this morning and performing well below par (which is not good as performance levels go).

One match really gifted to the USA after EUR were well in control but the others were close fought decent contests. Not wanting to count my chickens and get ahead of the game, but EUR bouncing back well so far. this afternoon 

Do have to say that at the moment that the pairing of Mickelson and De Chambeau are making the game look a lot harder than what it is, though have to say it is more Mickelson's poor play than Bryson.

One thing is for certain, the course is looking a great venue for a Ryder Cup. Plenty of risk reward if you just want to bomb your way around, but miss these fairways and you will certainly know about it.

Gotta love the Ryder Cup.

#7 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:28 PM

And, good night.

This is why we never win this thing. We can't ever seem to get alternate shot right.
  • DPRoberts likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#8 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:23 AM

It's 10:30 am over here this saturday morning. I am watching a supreme Euroteam giving the Americans a shalacking! :wacko:  This is unbelievable how our American friends are almost being humiliated! :blink:  What is going on? :huh: The Americans look like nothing I am used to see from them. These morning 4-balls are looking again to become a 'full house' for Europe. Oh well, lot's of golf to be played ofcourse, but still ... awesome stuff from the Euro's right now!

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#9 Eden Borg

Eden Borg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGent/Belgium

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:39 AM

Sometimes it's helpfull to know the Course. Go Europe Go ;)

#10 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 09:11 AM

Sometimes it's helpfull to know the Course. Go Europe Go ;)

Yes, thats true. Le Golf National is unknown for the Americans. I think only Koepka knows the course from his European Tour days.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#11 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 September 2018 - 03:28 PM

Looks like Tommy fleetwood could be the talisman this year, looks like he relishes the challenge.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#12 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:52 PM

RC over.

Congratulations Euros.

Very well deserved and played.
PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#13 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:00 PM

RC over.

Congratulations Euros.

Very well deserved and played.

Its lucky ur boys aint got the same defeatist attitude, it aint over until they get 14 1/2 pts  Ryder cups are never without their drama,  i expect USA to turn up for the singles and be on it...far from over.

• IanK likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#14 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 10:18 AM

Since when did the European Ryder Cup team become the European Union Ryder Cup Team?
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#15 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:39 PM

Looks like the Euro's are going at it again. :) And good ol' Poulter is doing the business too. ^_^ Amazing stuff. The American side looked so impressive gearing up to this. Somehow it all went south. Anyway, it's a great RC again. And Le Golf National course is spectacular indeed. 

= Arnold Palmer =

#16 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:53 PM

here's to 2020 RC Whistling Straits. Go home team!

#17 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:18 PM

Looks like its gonna be 10-10 or 10-9 going into the remaing matches...far from over

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#18 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 03:11 PM

Since when did the European Ryder Cup team become the European Union Ryder Cup Team?

Since never. This has nothing to do with this bloody union stuff. :angry: Forget about it. This is about Sports about Golf and about teamspirit. Not in a million years will this be soiled by these crooks. :ph34r: 

= Arnold Palmer =

#19 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 03:15 PM

Well, it's a done deal. What a Sunday! :D And what about that Poulter! :rolleyes: The 'ol LionHeart produced again. :lol: Congrats to the European team. Big emotions all around. The Americans gave a good showing on Sunday but it was not enough.

= Arnold Palmer =

#20 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:00 PM

Its lucky ur boys aint got the same defeatist attitude, it aint over until they get 14 1/2 pts  Ryder cups are never without their drama,  i expect USA to turn up for the singles and be on it...far from over.

I don’t have a defeatist attitude whatsoever.

I went by what I saw after the first session on Friday and it was all over by the end of Saturday’s session.

The US Team simply stunk up the place and folded like a cheap suit.
PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users