#1 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:33 PM

wrench question, any help would be nice.

i drive a 13 GMC Terrain yesterday morning i got in and i have 1 low tire showing

old biker, i keep a plug kit along with a compressor so i get it out go to add air and the tire gauge along with the 

gauge on the compressor reads out as it should, but i got a stupid light on. so later in the day i call Firestone to find out what it cost to fix they tell me 110.00 for 1, what a rip. now the service guy i talked to there told me it could also be the spare in the back, sounds goofy to me how would you get a reading from your spare when not on the car. i did not even take the time to check,as i can no longer change a tire in a reasonable time,so i keep roadside asst for anything like that. does that sound right a reading from a tire not on the car? car only has 37k miles on it and im having a hard time believing things are starting to fall apart. i do have custom wheels but paid extra to have the system hooked back up when they where installed. can the spare also give you a low air warning?

TIA

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#2 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 30 September 2018 - 05:52 PM

wireless signals from the electronic valve stems.  

#3 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 06:05 PM

wireless signals from the electronic valve stems.  

never thought of that angle, not the spare. found a family owned shop that will do it for 80

saves me 30 or so, i just hate those damn yellow lights. i had a Chevy van a while back to fit my mobility scooter

and inside lift.

check engine light was on for 5 years spent a bunch of time and money trying to chase that one down and no one could figure it out. sent it off to a junkyard when i was done with it no seats in the rear, was still running good but did not want to mess with selling it

thank you

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#4 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 September 2018 - 08:41 PM

I f you do not have a bad tire sensor, once the

tire is properly inflated you should be able to

allow the sensor to relearn.

I think on a GMC , holding the SET/RESET

for 10 seconds will produce 2 horn chirps

and the light should go out.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#5 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:29 PM

I f you do not have a bad tire sensor, once the

tire is properly inflated you should be able to

allow the sensor to relearn.

I think on a GMC , holding the SET/RESET

for 10 seconds will produce 2 horn chirps

and the light should go out.

thanks Neil i put it through the relearning process

and no go so i guess it needs replaced.

how come i knew if i ask that question here i would get an answer

cause there is just a great bunch of folks here.

time to go to you tube and see if i can find a video on changing it myself

now that i know about the relearning process

thanks again

new TPMS cost 50 bucks and i lot of work to self install.

ken tool recore kit 39 bucks

https://www.alltires...=12387254337653

ain't utube the best. posting the video in case others may need it.

Klipsch Sound System

#6 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:04 PM

an email exchange i just had with another local shop.

ain't it fun when you can rain of these fools parade when all they 

are out there to do is get your money,and sell you services you don't need.

ax1x5u.jpg

Klipsch Sound System

#7 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:36 PM

Dave I had a car that the spare Tire was throwing off the sensor.  I can't remember it was either a Nissan Pathfinder or Honda Pilot but it was absolutely the spare tire.  

#8 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:09 PM

Dave I had a car that the spare Tire was throwing off the sensor.  I can't remember it was either a Nissan Pathfinder or Honda Pilot but it was absolutely the spare tire.  

i checked still like new still sitting on 60 as it should be [donut], hard to believe 6 yrs old

but never been out, hell im good on cars this one only has 37k miles on. i looked at some vids and pics on the net and mostly i see ones being pulled that are all mucked up, but not mine i have custom wheels and they stay under caps. going to try the recore job. cooler and rainy lately waiting for a hot day to return. i need some new black lugs after a couple of rotations mine are looking a little rough. get it in one trip. i will update this post when i fix it to report what it took and how difficult it is to do, looks like the only tools you need is a floor jack and a screw gun.

no need for others to get abused by the auto repair folks.

from 110, to looks like over 300, to 39bucks DIY, i will try that first

2ch2jhu.jpg

• Stingreye likes this

Klipsch Sound System

#9 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:23 PM

Never trust a Jack, get some Jackstands!!

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#10 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:34 PM

I always put blocks under my cars just in case the jack gives away,especially if I’m going to be laying under it..

#11 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:26 PM

did not have to remove the wheel just jack it up to take the weight off

took 20 to 30 minutes to finish reprogramed and working properly again.

not a big deal the video is spot on, the only thing you need is common ability to

use a screw gun and follow the directions.

Klipsch Sound System

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users