• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 rrezk23

rrezk23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:29 AM

Does anyone do course builds for hire as I would like to get my home course built. (I have a unity package with lidar from Larry the Legend) The course's website also has drone flyovers of each hole. I could provide additional pictures and what not also. Not sure if this is something anyone does. Its not a real difficult course. I had the fairways, tee boxes, greens, and bunkers all splined out (Miserable for me I was terrible at it) and then something happened and I deleted the whole project somehow and just don't think I am capable of doing the course and having it look remotely decent. 

#2 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:24 AM

Man, this place can be like the 9th green at 9pm at times.

I don't think anyone will accept money as it violates the licence agreement.  If you had a neighbour with CF you could offer them beer or mow their lawn.  Or you could have another go!

#3 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:46 PM

I don't see how it violates any agreement.  If two people decide on a transaction between themselves away from this forum then that has no bearing on CF PG or anything else for that matter.  I was lucky that i could get the map and create my home town course, its a great feeling seeing it come together, not everyone has the patience or will to do it.  The trouble with making non descript courses is you can labour over them and very few people are interested because its not a famous venue or a great design, all those design hours are then wasted and pointless.  But if someone really wants their home town course created for personal use then they should be free to use any way to tempt a designer to give up his time to work the project.  I would consider doing it, after all its my time that he's paying for, he already has the right to accept and play any course file i send him, so i see no issue.  On the flip side, give me a map of a well known or prestigious course and i will gladly do it for free because many will play it, and the great tour sites we have that offer up weekly tours benefit too.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#4 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:56 PM

I don’t see a problem here either.

#5 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:46 PM

I hope Mike can provide some clarity on this subject.

I've had a few offers to do courses for other people for various amounts of compensation; I have been extremely reticent to proceed because I obviously do not want to step over any kind of legal boundary, especially since I have aspirations of doing contract work and possibly employment... and while I wasn't successful this time, I do plan on trying again.

I had one person offer me money to do a course in Links...  I considered it for awhile, but ultimately turned it down in the end. The course was an obscure muni in Kentucky that had almost zero information about it anywhere, and I just felt like I wouldn't be able to do it any kind of justice. It sort of feels strange trying to do someone else's home course.

Ironically, the only things I'm really working on right now are two of my former home courses.

I'd love nothing more than to get paid, but I would also feel guilty about taking money from somebody if I wasn't feeling the project.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#6 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:10 PM

I've never understood the argument that you can't do it. Photoshop isn't coming after all the photographers, game developers and artists in the world using their program to do whatever.

I'm sorry but CF amounts to a Unity plugin. It's a little higher end because it can compile into something playable for the user.

I would ask someone to pay you for the images (snap a few screenies) that you supply them and you'll give them the course for free.

I'm not trying to decrease the value of all the hard work of PP. But, if you supply the public an ability to create something, that creation becomes their own. They just used your tool to do it.
  • NoPutt and DoGgs like this

#7 SFR

SFR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:55 PM

I too would think that there should be no issue paying someone for their time to create a course for your own desire.  After that I would think that the one who paid to have the course made would then have the right to decide to just use the course on their own or release it to the community.  The designer then would no longer have the right to give or sell it to another unless an agreement was made.

#8 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:36 PM

$1200 - $1500 and up for course with Clubhouse, Snack shack, and all furniture.

Animations and Houses extra

Limited Time Offer

Send PM for Details

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#9 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:15 AM

Well I could keep a few guys busy if everything's kosher.

#10 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:51 AM

It's a super sales event!

#11 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:28 AM

I'm pretty sure the EULA doesn't allow commercial use of CF unless previously authorised by us. It can't be compared to photoshop or other editing programs as its basically solely designed to be used to create an end product ie a playable golf course in PerfectGolf. As part of our business is creating courses for clients, allowing anyone to use CF for commercial purposes would not be in the best interests of PP and now obviously Trackman.

#12 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:24 PM

Links and other old golf games can still be played, but what if Steam / PP (not sure which) close their servers permanently for JNPG the buyer of the course would feel cheated I suppose. Like when we can not play user designed courses sometimes when this happens temporarily.

At least at NoPutts tariffs lol, and two weeks after payment.  

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#13 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:18 PM

I thought that might have been the case.

#14 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:12 PM

I would offer to do it for free, but after getting half way through my first real course, I don’t plan on ever building another real course.  In my estimation a unity beginner can have approximately 100X more fun building a fictional course.  You just design around your unity ignorance.  It’s a beautiful thing!

Sorry, for the almost off topic mini rant...

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users