#1 Unique

Unique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:20 AM

Thoughts, opinions and things that need fixing please.

https://www.dropbox....e_beta.zip?dl=0

#2 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:11 PM

whats the differences between this and the other North Lakes GR

is it the same course? is this one done with lidar and the other not?

you built them both, is this an update for the other, or just another take on the course?

shot through 18 on this new edition and it is a nice course played real nice, from what i remember of the other it looks like you got more color into this one, will play the older version now and see what else looks different.

other then the plantings are a little different i noticed holes 12 and 14, 12 short par 4, and 14 par 3

with a big drop i did not notice on the new version. other then that the gameplay on both of these is real nice.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#3 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:36 PM

is this one done with lidar and the other not?

I'll field this one.  Yes.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#4 Unique

Unique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:29 AM

Yes Dave. The first course was my first PG course with unity so I used it as a learning curve. This Real Edition is with Lidar Data provided by JT.

Cheers

Peter

#5 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:04 PM

so i take it this is more less an update, and get rid of the old

is that correct? if so it would be nice to see it make it's way to PGLS to be included in their data base

so it can be used for tourney play, as it plays so nicely and would be great course in tourney play.

Unique could you put it up over there for the beta also?

thanks for all the fine courses you have built, much enjoyed

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#6 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:03 PM

Nice job on the course.  I had a quick look and a couple of comments.  There are five holes, #6,#9, #13,#18, and #18 that have FPS in the 30's.  The worst one is hole 13 at a FPS of 32.  This is with dynamic sky on.  Since you normally get an increase in FPS with dynamic sky off I changed my setting to this but the sky was completely black. 

As an RTSM player the low FPS makes it more difficult to achieve a smooth take away (backswing) and downswing since tempo is crucial.

I am wondering if you changed some of the trees that are the furthest away from the fairway to billboard ones (I think that is the correct terminology) on the problem holes as a possible option to increase the FPS on those holes.

• Unique likes this

RTSM - Pro

#7 marauders

marauders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:20 PM

Nice job on the course.  I had a quick look and a couple of comments.  There are five holes, #6,#9, #13,#18, and #18 that have FPS in the 30's.  The worst one is hole 13 at a FPS of 32.  This is with dynamic sky on.  Since you normally get an increase in FPS with dynamic sky off I changed my setting to this but the sky was completely black. 

As an RTSM player the low FPS makes it more difficult to achieve a smooth take away (backswing) and downswing since tempo is crucial.

I am wondering if you changed some of the trees that are the furthest away from the fairway to billboard ones (I think that is the correct terminology) on the problem holes as a possible option to increase the FPS on those holes.

slouis, this is a lame question, but how to you track fps? I'm completing my first course and I fear I've gone overboard on planting. Before putting it up on this forum, I wanted to check out the fps for myself first.

#8 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:41 PM

1060 card tee on # 6  85fps, second shot 90fps center of the fairway, in flight was running 100+

3rd shot 85/90, green 81fps.

#9  tee 60fps, second shot 70fps, green is 100+

#13  tee 50fps, second shot 70fps, green 100fps

#18  tee 65fps, second shot 60fps from a trap green 100+

thats what i got on the fps on those holes on a 1060 6gb card.

what graphics card are you using, also played with the skys on.

maybe you might need to do some fine tuning in the settings, are you running shadows if so that is one of the biggest

fps drains in this game.

Klipsch Sound System

#9 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:43 PM

slouis, this is a lame question, but how to you track fps? I'm completing my first course and I fear I've gone overboard on planting. Before putting it up on this forum, I wanted to check out the fps for myself first.

there is a FPS counter in steam that comes up on the screen

go in settings you will find it. make sure you use the high contrast it is 

the only way you can see it.

in steam go in settings and then into ingame settings the fps is in there.

Klipsch Sound System

#10 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:52 PM

I use a free program called Bandicam.  Using Bandicam I can also take screenshots and videos of JNPG.

RTSM - Pro

#11 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:04 PM

1060 card tee on # 6  85fps, second shot 90fps center of the fairway, in flight was running 100+

3rd shot 85/90, green 81fps.

#9  tee 60fps, second shot 70fps, green is 100+

#13  tee 50fps, second shot 70fps, green 100fps

#18  tee 65fps, second shot 60fps from a trap green 100+

thats what i got on the fps on those holes on a 1060 6gb card.

what graphics card are you using, also played with the skys on.

maybe you might need to do some fine tuning in the settings, are you running shadows if so that is one of the biggest

fps drains in this game.

I have a 6Gb 1060 video card and 16 GB of RAM as that is the maximum for Windows 7.  Obviously I have my settings higher than yours including shadows on.  With these settings there are only a few courses where I set dynamic sky off so they are playable such as PGA National with reflective water on.  I suspect that my camera view distance is also set higher than yours.  This course will be playable for me with dynamic sky off. 

RTSM - Pro

#12 xooze

xooze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:35 PM

This seems very strange, but when I resume a round it comes up rehit with penalty. Any where on the course or the tee if I leave and come back in the game it comes up rehit with penalty. This the first time I've seen this.

#13 Unique

Unique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:11 AM

Thanks, I'll take a look at the FPS issue. It may have something to do with the houses around the outside of the course. I have a 1080 GTX running everything on Ultrahigh.

Appreciate the input.

I'll load it up to PGLS soon too.

#14 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:10 PM

On holes 11 and 12 had the 1100 yard drop issue when hitting into the water on the right hand side of both the holes

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#15 Unique

Unique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:09 PM

On holes 11 and 12 had the 1100 yard drop issue when hitting into the water on the right hand side of both the holes

Yes Mate, I don't know why or how to fix it. Does anyone have any advice or experience? 

#16 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:57 AM

Could possibly be a rouge pin or tee.

http://www.perfectpa...and-tee-finder/

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#17 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:42 PM

Wasnt it due to multiple OB splines also?

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#18 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:48 PM

Could possibly be a rouge pin or tee.
http://www.perfectpa...and-tee-finder/

Aye, them red flags can be a PITA.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#19 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:55 PM

Aye, them red flags can be a PITA.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OOPS!  I meant Rogue, as in; Daz is a vicious, solitary, scoundrel, or a rogue.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#20 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:10 PM

I'm happy being a rrouge. It goes with my avatar.

:D  :D

#YNWA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users