#1 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:51 PM

tired of paying through the nose for cable TV. and i have run across a good deal on one of these units

wondering if anyone uses it. if so the pro's and con's

https://streamsmartpro.us/

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:54 PM

Looks like one of many boxes sold to hook a user up to pirated streams.

Why not try something legitimate like YouTubeTV or Sling or Vue, etc?

#3 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:30 PM

Looks like one of many boxes sold to hook a user up to pirated streams.

Why not try something legitimate like YouTubeTV or Sling or Vue, etc?

pirated does not bother me a bit, i got an eyepatch and a parrot.lol

don't even think these are  illegitimate hell i looked at it in a very old legitimate business 

that has them out in the open and sold maybe 300 units. a few hooked up to watch.

must be legitimate.

meet Lilac Lily, my Lilac Crowned Amazon. her breed is either on the endangered list, or protected list.

she is captive born and legal to own, before you go there Buck.

i just love a chance to post one of my great feathered friends, better then some human friends 

as when she don't want bothered she just tells me to F off. talking parrots are a blast.lol

acbf2s.jpg

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 05:18 PM

pirated does not bother me a bit, i got an eyepatch and a parrot.lol
don't even think these are  illegitimate hell i looked at it in a very old legitimate business

The boxes aren't illegitimate but the streams they build-in/link to usually only work for x amount of time and then they are dead or they try to upsell you to a paid IP tv service.

I've gone way down the rabbit hole of IP tv service and the reliability of the streams/situation is so bad over time that I ended up going with YouTubeTV and never looked back. Amazing service for the $35/mo (grandfathered price)

#5 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:35 PM

I second the vote for YouTubeTV. I have a newer smart TV with app built in and an older one in my sim room running on a Roku. I cut cable hardware costs years ago running Windows MCE on Xbox and the YouTube TV has been much easier.

Hardware costs minimal and running off WiFi on the sim room TV with an EERO mesh network. Couldn't be happier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users