3 replies to this topic

#1 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:14 AM

I searched and found a few similar questions but no workable solutions so far.  

Using a custom library on a course and now I get this error:

MsdiAqS.jpg

It lists all 108 pins (not in order)

Interestingly when I build the course I get this on all hole locations: 

ZvFVDIR.jpg

The green surface is recognized except for the immediate area around the cup. The ball will hole out and the game proceeds to the next hole normally.  The ring is sand. 

Is one of the layers/physics materials that is automatically added during a build somehow causing the issue?  Maybe the holeCup or holeLip materials?  

I've tried going back to the default library.  No luck.  All pins are errors now.  

Any ideas?  

#2 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:35 AM

Does anyone remember the old bug where rings would show up around hole locations? I think this was solved long ago. This looks exactly the same.

Glad I could dredge it back up haha

#3 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:12 PM

Make sure you mesh is set to .15

and Terrain set as pictured

Ei3A6tu.jpg

r8fz3xV.jpg

Then recalculate the whole course

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#4 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 05:48 PM

Thanks NoPutt.  

Terrain and mesh height were both set correctly.  I went ahead and recalculated the course and voila! It worked. Phew!  

I think when I deleted one of the layers and the LL order reshuffled, CF didn't recognize the greens...  That's my best guess 

I was complicating the solution.  Just needed to kick it a bit like you suggested.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users