• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 toonarooni

toonarooni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:29 AM

just bought muirfield village it dont show up in game nor is it in my game folder. on courses site it does not show as owned yet money took from steam account. anyone any ideas as steam sent me here but i cant see anyway of contacting anyone. thnx.

#2 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:58 AM

I would "verify integrity of game files" which is found in properties of JNPG on Steam. Make sure the game is not running when you do this. 

#3 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

All course always show up in your courses folder regardless of whether they have been purchased or not. They simply get unlocked when purchased.

• Tresclub likes this

#4 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 03 March 2019 - 12:10 AM

Yep told me friends about this last night after we were about ready to play PGA National and all of us bought it but it wasn't showing up nor some of our other courses we bought. 

I verified the integrity of the game files (right click on jack nicklaus perfect golf in steam and select properties and then click on the local files tab, now click on the verify integrity button and let it do it's work. That found 8 missing files of mine, 45 of someone else's but everyone of us were missing stuff. After we did this all my paid courses we back and some of things I believe.

And thanks to the smart people who built this game and the pay courses we simply just can't play with some of us on a reflective course and some the non reflective because they are not the same version. Such stupidity!! Yep because of these said smart people Perfect Parallel just made more money last night because we all had to have the reflective version. If we buy courses you should get both F'in courses and not just the one especially if you can't have reflective and non reflective play together.

Also should have had course packs instead of buying one at a time. Of course this stuff could have gotten fixed had you not sold the game to Trackman who I have NO TRUST in at all.

If I was all of you I would do the same above and see if your missing courses because this all seemed to have happened since the site was going down a lot.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#5 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 01:01 AM

I do find it frustrating that the Reflective and Non-Reflective versions weren’t both included in a single purchase.

#6 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 03 March 2019 - 02:28 AM

Yeah pissed us off last night because a few of us were playing the reflective version since we can handle it and a couple guys didn't buy it because they wanted higher frames. Turns out they had to buy the reflective version just so all 6 of us could play. Somebody has to buy the reflective version of Innisbrook now to when we get to that tour stop.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#7 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:53 PM

I do find it frustrating that the Reflective and Non-Reflective versions weren’t both included in a single purchase.

I agree but at the same point if licensing agreements forced them to charge more to bundle the two together the complaint would then be "why do I have to buy both and pay more, can't you separate them".  If its not licensing or a steam issue, then yeah, its annoying.

• RobC likes this

#8 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:26 PM

I agree but at the same point if licensing agreements forced them to charge more to bundle the two together the complaint would then be "why do I have to buy both and pay more, can't you separate them".  If its not licensing or a steam issue, then yeah, its annoying.

I'm trying to keep an open mind here..

What sort of "licensing issue" could there be when the only difference between 2 versions is "PP using reflective water (or not)"?

(If that were the case (a licensing issue), I would hope Mike would have mentioned it way way back when this was an initial issue.  To the best of my memory, no such rationale was given and instead it amounted to a simple technical issue on PP's end)

#9 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:38 PM

I'm trying to keep an open mind here..

What sort of "licensing issue" could there be when the only difference between 2 versions is "PP using reflective water (or not)"?

(If that were the case (a licensing issue), I would hope Mike would have mentioned it way way back when this was an initial issue.  To the best of my memory, no such rationale was given and instead it amounted to a simple technical issue on PP's end)

No idea, I just know that licensing can be troublesome and illogical at times. 

Could be a steam thing but I don't see why when it just unlocks the course why it would be a steam issue (meaning it can't send two unlock codes).    It wouldn't shock me if it would work but require the code to be rewritten for validating course purchases to have one purchase unlock two courses and it wasn't worth the time to do so (this is more likely if I had to guess since early course where not reflective water I don't think).   

If its purely a PP decision,  seems a little "odd".  Trying to keep an open mind about it.  Maybe, they were begged to release the NR versions and would not have otherwise and relented and said yes you get NR but you have to buy it again for the privilege of us going back and swapping a couple water planes.   This could have been one of those issues that being kind to those that have lower spec'd machines had an unintended consequence of appearing greedy.  When ironically, they could have said these are premium courses requiring better hardware.  Let's face it, if there were no NR versions, someone would have complained about releasing courses that were too resource hungry. 

And for the record,  I got click happy when I bought PG.  I bought every course..... and as a result have a bunch of NR ones that get zero use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users