#1 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:36 AM

Lets have a go at this overhead design, here we have twin warriors golf club showing the signature 4th hole..Early days yet, only 3 holes down so far...

• Tresclub, ✠ davef ✠, bortimus and 3 others like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#2 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:01 AM

Looking good DoGgs.  It may be early days, however I imagine this will still come out before Perfect Parallel gets around to releasing your par 3 course. :lol:

• DoGgs likes this

#3 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:10 AM

Looking good DoGgs.  It may be early days, however I imagine this will still come out before Perfect Parallel gets around to releasing your par 3 course. :lol:

I'm looking forward to my course too, forgot what it looks like...I dont even have it myself :)

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#4 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 03 December 2018 - 12:48 AM

This is a fantastic, really scenic layout..glad it is in expert hands.  Looking forward to the finished product.  That tease is phenomenal.

#5 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:44 PM

Some screens as we plod along... An obscene amount of planting to be done once all holes, rough and path splines are laid, should be worth it, played the first 8 holes and its a lovely course to play, nice wide open fairways with varying elevations.

lJP8EFf.jpg

md8vBaG.jpg

RwacfmN.jpg

• luetze, Tresclub, LeazesNDR and 6 others like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#6 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:00 PM

Lookin' good D, Like the tee markers, just glad

I'm not the one that has to move them.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#7 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:34 PM

Just checked some images online of this place. Really capturing that desert vibe. Love how you decided to handle the paths.

#8 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:03 AM

Just checked some images online of this place. Really capturing that desert vibe. Love how you decided to handle the paths.

Lol DP, i decided nothing....i stumbled on it by accident, i'm not that clever :)  I Think using easy roads on these overhead image courses only serve to break the immersion, they never look quite right, this method however looks so much better even though its a bit laborious splining everything off, worth it though.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#9 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:10 AM

Wish we had courses like this in the UK, have to say i kinda fell in love with this place after seeing the first few holes, must be a pleasure to tee it up here... I need that clubhouse in my life...any builders out there fancy the challenge?? :)

• Tresclub likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#10 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:49 PM

If anyone's interested, here is there website with the course hole by hole flyovers using a drone.

Twin Warriors course flyovers

• balaceanca81 and DoGgs like this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#11 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:45 AM

So far...

• Tresclub, balaceanca81 and Justin9926 like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#12 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:53 AM

Wish we had courses like this in the UK, have to say i kinda fell in love with this place after seeing the first few holes, must be a pleasure to tee it up here... I need that clubhouse in my life...any builders out there fancy the challenge?? :)

That is a beautiful thing.  It make me want to take out my Persimmon wood and use it :D

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#13 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:55 PM

My initial thought with this overhead was "great not much work to do with clone stamping trees out" i did not however realise the planting involved here...it's crazy  :blink: every tee area and hole surround is covered in various flora.  I'm trying to make do with plants and grasses that resemble the real thing as i do not have juniper bushes and pinon pine in my library, some holes i'm happy with, others not so...i'm trying not to over think the issue as the more i look the less i like, my only real concern as we start planting in earnest is frames.  I refuse to publish a course that crawls with frames in the teens, if i can keep it 30 or above then it will be fine for RTS, i guess we will find out...

On another note the course comes in at a whopping 7700 plus yards, this however is tamed slightly by a 1575m altitude so drives of over 320 yds will be the norm.

N4kuUTr.jpg

• Arsam, Tresclub, highfade and 1 other like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#14 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:44 PM

Looks fantastic, look forward to playing it.

#15 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:30 PM

Sadly i have had to cull the grasses with the yellow tips you see in the pic above, all was good for about 6 holes, now its crawling, reduced the quality and wind shake which helped, sadly not enough.... I liked those too :(   gonna have to bite the bullet and go with stock grasses, not really capturing the real feel imo but hey ho what can one do.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#16 nmgator1949

nmgator1949

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:56 PM

DoGgs like this course I just live 150 miles  south Albq New Mexico next time Iam up there I will play this courseI hop it come out soon thx

• DoGgs likes this

#17 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:31 AM

Having a lot of trouble with this one, what first appeared to be a straight forward rendition has become one of frustration and compromise.  Too avoid having to use easy roads i initially splined off all cart path boundaries for painting, this made the paths look natural and real, sadly the amount of splines have contributed to bring this course to its knees regarding frames. I have put easy roads in but to be honest it spoils the look, i may just omit the paths altogether.

the planting is another area that has been one of frustration, there is an immense amount of grasses, bushes and plants around every hole, green and tee box, the amount and variety required to get close to what the course is actually like is staggering, so much so that after planting 6 holes we again run into frames issues.

So as of now i'm in a bit of a limbo state while i decide what to do next, the heavy planting of the first few holes looked great, i had 2 custom plants that helped with the feel, but even with their quality and LoD levels set low it is not possible to plant 18 holes with them. I have now had to revert back to stock plants and everything i try now pales in comparison to what i initially tried.

I may just lightly plant a few grasses here and there and put this course out for play while i ponder a solution, all holes are down and playable, the only other thing lacking is the clubhouse and adjacent buildings, i don't have anything that looks remotely like the clubhouse at the course so have left it out.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#18 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:21 PM

DoGgs if your hole course is mostly meshed, the terrain rarely shows except perihery. Try turning your pixel error on the terrain (in the terrain cog wheel section) up to 5 and see how things run.
  • RobC likes this

#19 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:20 PM

DoGgs if your hole course is mostly meshed, the terrain rarely shows except perihery. Try turning your pixel error on the terrain (in the terrain cog wheel section) up to 5 and see how things run.

Damn didnt think of that, i have removed all my path boundary splines now, at this point i have removed easy roads as it just looks so fake with this overhead method and have painted in my paths by hand, its not perfect but its better than easy roads.  My main issue going forward is planting, i will prob just have to accept that i'm not going to be able to plant as much as i'd like for the full course and also have to settle for stock grass,  trouble is that the more i look at it, the more i dislike it, i just dont like the look of grass on this type of terrain...hmmm

wpcH9TX.jpg

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#20 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 16 December 2018 - 04:44 AM

DYMU5wJ.jpg

We have a playable beta version here if anyone wants it, planting is at a minimum here, no accurate clubhouse as i don't have one, just some place holder buildings dotted about.   I have used no stock grass just two types of custom grass, its thick and dense so don't need to use a massive amount to make it look plentiful enough, will revisit after the holidays to clean things up more and decide on a more full and varied planting plan...enjoy!

file: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Qaaa8vE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users