#1 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:35 PM

I would check in here and lots of new topics and plenty of action but now it all seems empty. Sad as this was a place I loved to come too and talk about the game but there seems to only be a handful left. Here is to hope that someday this site will come alive again with a new JNPG 2 or even a big update to this JNPG but I am not holding my breath or checking in much anymore but I can hope. It really was the best video golf game I ever played.
  • Ted_Ball likes this

#2 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:45 AM

It's because most of us play tournaments every day and are content with the game as it is. If JNPG2 comes out, great.  If not, and this version runs indefinitely with occasional updates, that's fine with me too.

• Arsam, Pappy and scoops100 like this

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#3 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:40 PM

I wasn't talking about playing as people always played but there was always discussion about the game here was what I was talking about. There is hardly any discussion on either of the tournament boards either. Discussion is good and just was pointing that out but as always we have to get off topic but hey I get it. I basically stated missed the interaction here with others and nothing more.
  • Buck, worrybirdie and DoGgs like this

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:32 PM

It is a bummer for sure Greens.
I still come here daily but there just isn’t anything much to talk about really.

It’s exciting to see some of these new course design techniques but other than that it’s just dead as a door nail around here, understandably so at this point I think.

I do think there have been quite a few quiet defections over to TGC.
I can’t blame anyone for going where the action and development and future all appear to be.

I personally just don’t care for TGC and their current interpretation of the sport. I’m ready for a real ground up new version with 2k involvement and engine change or revolution, etc.
  • Greensboronclion and SebGOLO like this

#5 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:19 PM

Yeah Buck a lot are playing TGC and myself play some also as it's different. I have not played much JNPG recently as I have been busy retiring but will start again Friday at the PGLS Real-time Tour as that is only place I can play using my controller as it's really way I want to play. Funny how they were banned everywhere yet I play and still suck with my Xbox controller but I have fun with the. I have tried to click in some events but not any fun so it forced me over to TGC 2019 for my other rounds. Between you and me banning the controller everywhere drove newbies to the game out as most people sit in front of a gig TV and play not at a PC desk. Sad but it is what it is.

#6 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:52 AM

Have you fat-arsed lounge chair Lay Z Boys tried the traditional bean-bag? You can lay forwards while playing that delicate chip shot while delicately eaten chips from a bowl as big as that green at...

...where was I? Oh! Of course.  The PC desk set-up is my only escape. If I was to play 'GAMES!!'  in the lounge room on our white leather sofa I would be strangled by my controller cord if I didn't have the wifi dongle thing.

• Greensboronclion and SebGOLO like this

#7 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:40 PM

Ted we have a 3 bedroom condo and I took the smallest room a 12 x 10 and turned it into my old man cave. It's wonderful as I got a 50 inch and all my PC and console stuff and a recliner and this guy is set. I love just sitting there reclined back playing games as yes I am lazy right now. But you known that beanbag sounds pretty good also.

#8 slewin

slewin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:45 AM

Sadly the game is still a skeleton and has been abandoned by the devs. As such the numbers will dwindle and we will be left with a few diehards.
Course Forge is an outlet for me and an escape from an otherwise stressful profession and as such I enjoy the journey more than the destination.
  • highfade, RobC, RobV and 3 others like this

#9 gravedodger

gravedodger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationThe northy part of Ireland

Posted 08 December 2018 - 11:00 AM

I still check in from time to time in hope for some / any uplifting news about PG2 ... who knows.

Once the personal trolling reached a tedious level I decided to stop posting on the forum, it's a shame really but that seems to be how it is these days  :(

#10 orange

orange

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:54 AM

I remember when I invited people to join and play this game. That was when there was still hope it wouldn't stay beta.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users