3 replies to this topic

#1 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:28 PM

I’m having a go at the overlay method but have run into a problem. All the terrain not covered by mesh has gone white and I’m getting an error message
“TerrainData is missing splat texture 10”.
The Terrain Controller shows the correct overlay image.
I have a backup but it would mean losing a fair amount of work.
Any suggestions would be welcome.

#2 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:49 PM

Does your paint tool still have the right overlay image as well? Most propably it's not there anymore. That's were the terrain gets it.

Don't save all your textures to layers library content folder because when saving the library all the unused textures will disappear from there. So my advice is, don't save the library and don't use it for other textures than what your meshes need. It's also wise to have backup of that folder.

#3 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:36 PM

Cheers for that. That’s exactly what I did. I was removing a couple of overlay images which I wasn’t going to use and inadvertently removed the image used for paint. I’ve restored it and all is good in the world. Thanks for the advice.

#4 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:58 AM

Cheers for that. That’s exactly what I did. I was removing a couple of overlay images which I wasn’t going to use and inadvertently removed the image used for paint. I’ve restored it and all is good in the world. Thanks for the advice.

Good to hear you're back on track :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users