#1 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:20 PM

just wondering if others are noticing it seems to be taking a little longer to load courses

lately? seems all the newer courses say the last few weeks are loading slow up to 50%

then they take off pretty good. are others seeing this ?

#2 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:10 PM

I think it depends if there using that newer overlay technique. When I was doing Hazeltine my image overlay/blueprint to draw out the holes was very large and that NOTICEABLY decreases the time it takes to load a course tenfold because of how large the file is. I didn't delete it in the end but since I really only used one small area of the overlay I decreased it size to 1024 and that speeded up to loading so much it was ridiculous.

Personally I don't mind if it takes a bit longer if the course looks like Scioto, holy crap did that course look great.

• DPRoberts likes this
  • Intel I7 3770k
  • Asus Sabertooth Z77
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
  • G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (PC3 19200)
  • Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • SeaSonic X750 Gold Power Supply
  • NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal Green Case with Green LED throughout
  • Corsair Hydro Series H100i Liquid Cooling
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#3 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:21 PM

I think it depends if there using that newer overlay technique. When I was doing Hazeltine my image overlay/blueprint to draw out the holes was very large and that NOTICEABLY decreases the time it takes to load a course tenfold because of how large the file is. I didn't delete it in the end but since I really only used one small area of the overlay I decreased it size to 1024 and that speeded up to loading so much it was ridiculous.

Personally I don't mind if it takes a bit longer if the course looks like Scioto, holy crap did that course look great.

joe

that was pretty much what i was thinking also, just making sure it was noticeable for all

and not something slowing me down. i also don't mind waiting with the new look some of these have taken on.

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users