58 replies to this topic

#21 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:19 PM

So after checking - I have more than 70 courses actually!

(not really sure how to share a list of them as the folder names are sort of all over the place)

I really need to do another curation.

While browsing the list I noticed how many I don't actually play and end up skipping over in the carousel every single time.

• Tigers Agent likes this

#22 scajjr29

scajjr29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNH, USA

Posted 22 December 2018 - 11:58 AM

Noticed on the PGLS they list 322 courses.

Sam

Desktop- MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair Hydro H150i Pro cooler, 32Gb DDR4-3600, ASUS 6900XT LC Hybrid, Corsair MP600 1Tb PCIe 4 NVMe (x 2), 850 EVO 1Tb, Corsair 750Gb SSDs & Hitachi 3Tb HDD ,EVGA 1000PG PSU,Monoprice 27772 32" 4K HDR monitor x2,Windows 10 Pro x64, Salient Arch Linux

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G  i7-6700HQ, 32Gb DDR4, 512Gb & 256Gb NVMe SSDs, GTX 1070 8Gb graphics, 17.3" 1080p G-Sync, Win 10 Pro x64,

XBox One X 1Tb w/2Tb external HDD, PS4 Pro 1Tb w/1Tb external HDD

#23 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 28 December 2018 - 04:58 AM

Been trying out PGLS for downloads. The connection has been dropping till it craps out altogether. Will keep trying. I need my community new course fix!

#24 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:22 PM

has nothing to do with PGLS, your problem is with MEGA or your own system

• fungolfer, Perculator, balaceanca81 and 1 other like this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#25 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationWalnut Grove,MN

Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:43 PM

I was wondering about the 4 new courses I saw added. Are these for Trackman users only? I looked in the pro shop and did not see any of them listed. Is it save to say that we won't see another PP course? Also to clarify, do the trackman users get to play the user created courses or just PP courses?

#26 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:03 PM

I was wondering about the 4 new courses I saw added. Are these for Trackman users only? I looked in the pro shop and did not see any of them listed. Is it save to say that we won't see another PP course? Also to clarify, do the trackman users get to play the user created courses or just PP courses?

Trackman sim does not use community made courses.

#27 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:26 PM

All I see is a bunch of whinny adults.  OGT was fine when it was free.  But paying 20 buck every 6 months for tournaments was BS per many of you.  Now OGT cuts some free benefits and you same folks are up in arms.  This is bull crap. I even had a very good former friend say it was BS to pay for a tournament site and now he says he gives 20 bucks a month to a different 3rd party site.  So you reap what you sow. Nuff said.  

By the way my former friend is doing the same exact thing I was saying to him a few months ago about keeping the game alive.  Servers cost money and they ain't cheep.  I guess it becomes different when you see the light!

I paid 19.99 I think when this game was early access. And I own every pay for course to support this game.

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#28 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:51 PM

lol pretty funny Denny. lots going on at PGLS and the folks there seem to be pretty cool.

i have a blast on the site and thats all that matters to me. maybe you should just not worry bout how others are spending their moneys.

Vance always had a chip on concerning me, so i was supposed to pay him to be treated that a way, pretty damn funny.

• fungolfer, Buck and RobV like this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#29 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:29 PM

By the way my former friend is doing the same exact thing I was saying to him a few months ago about keeping the game alive.  Servers cost money and they ain't cheep.  I guess it becomes different when you see the light!

a few months ago, maybe a few years. thing is Denny i get treated in a respectful manner when on the PGLS site. i was able to put together a Country Club where i do have a weekly tourney. that is why i donate to them they are truly trying to further the game and give us all we want to play, where now OGT wants you to pay to download free courses. can you tell me how this is trying to further the game, bet not.

you know a few months back i almost was going to pay the 20 for 6months, till i thought about it and doubted my money would even be accepted with the attitude i have gotten from Vance.

nobody from PGLS has ever followed me through these here forums and try everyway they could to put me down as between Vance and stoopapottmas have over the years. i know im an out spoken wacked out guy always have and will, i just had to find the right place to light.

• fungolfer, scoops100 and Buck like this

Klipsch Sound System

#30 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:59 PM

I paid 19.99 I think when this game was early access. And I own every pay for course to support this game.

Me too

I'm not really sure how that's related to the thread topic of OGT locking out access to a text based list of courses, made by other people, stored on non-OGT servers (MEGA).

Water under the bridge anyhow.
We'll just get them from the designers themselves or over at PGLS.
  • fungolfer likes this

#31 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 01:27 AM

i really doubt PGLS minds as i have been watching the numbers and 

looks like a lot of new folks are showing up over there.

i saw another thread on here this morning with someone saying he could not download from PGLS.

2 things i did not understand about that post was why was it here and not on PGLS went and looked and no post there

or why not question MEGA the courses are on their servers.

i just called BS on that one as someone who does not do well with change.

• fungolfer likes this

Klipsch Sound System

#32 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationWalnut Grove,MN

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:21 PM

Will future courses made by PP be available for the community to purchase or will you need to be a member of OGT to purchase them?

#33 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

Will future courses made by PP be available for the community to purchase or will you need to be a member of OGT to purchase them?

to get the PP DLC i believe you need to do that from the PP Social Site, that is where the courses have been sold from in the past.

http://social.perfec...com/courses.php

Klipsch Sound System

#34 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:39 PM

No need to be an ogt member to purchase PP designed courses. you can buy courses through the pp social site or right through the game in the pro shop, which is what I do seems to work better and easier than the social site. You can always check your free PP released  content by verifying your your game files through steam library..i That is found by right clicking the jack nick per gol title name in library and going to properties // local files // verify integrity of game files..... any files missing or added free pp stuff, will be added by doing so. Ogt is a 3rd party tournament site ( yeah there is a fee), run by  real golfers that play real golf outside, that host daily tourneys as well as 2 full FedEx tour seasons a year.

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#35 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

What is happening at OGT that they no longer display  a " Course" emblem allowing you to download ? Are they making courses for download now available only to registered members? 

#36 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:04 PM

Correct.  We are no longer hosting courses for the public.  You can get them from pgls.

#37 NotPerfectGolf

NotPerfectGolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:28 PM

Once Skytrack purchased Perfect golf, it all went downhill.  First of all, no updates or major improvements to the software.  Too bad because it has so much potential.   Secondly, from what I understand, Skytrak no longer builds a tracking device that works with the software.   

As for not being able to get the OGT courses, here is what was sent to me when I inquired about accessing OGT site for the community built and volunteered golf courses.   

"Before we can activate your account on our new tournament site, we require a mandatory $20 SEASON DONATION. After we receive your donation, we will activate your account for 6 months."

No software updates.  Requesting funds for downloading community provided golf courses.  And from what I read, new models of Skytrak no longer works with Perfect golf.    This software is dead.

• RobV likes this

#38 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:34 PM

Once Skytrack purchased Perfect golf, it all went downhill.  First of all, no updates or major improvements to the software.  Too bad because it has so much potential.   Secondly, from what I understand, Skytrak no longer builds a tracking device that works with the software.   

As for not being able to get the OGT courses, here is what was sent to me when I inquired about accessing OGT site for the community built and volunteered golf courses.   

"Before we can activate your account on our new tournament site, we require a mandatory $20 SEASON DONATION. After we receive your donation, we will activate your account for 6 months."

No software updates.  Requesting funds for downloading community provided golf courses.  And from what I read, new models of Skytrak no longer works with Perfect golf.    This software is dead.

just click my banner it will take you to PGLS

all free there.

• fungolfer likes this

Klipsch Sound System

#39 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:40 AM

OGT is now part of the Augusta National Snobbish Society.

• ✠ davef ✠, erwildcat, Buck and 2 others like this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#40 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:04 PM

this is the post that i just laughed so hard about that goofapottamus posted in another thread.

i have always considered the site to be full of stuffed shirts or as you say snobbish.

No need to be an ogt member to purchase PP designed courses. you can buy courses through the pp social site or right through the game in the pro shop, which is what I do seems to work better and easier than the social site. You can always check your free PP released  content by verifying your your game files through steam library..i That is found by right clicking the jack nick per gol title name in library and going to properties // local files // verify integrity of game files..... any files missing or added free pp stuff, will be added by doing so. Ogt is a 3rd party tournament site ( yeah there is a fee), run by  real golfers that play real golf outside, that host daily tourneys as well as 2 full FedEx tour seasons a year.

• Greensboronclion likes this

Klipsch Sound System

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users