3 replies to this topic

#1 wpm87unc

wpm87unc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:21 AM

Would the lack of cart paths really bother you guys? Is it worth the effort on the design side? Does it "Make a Difference" in how you enjoy the course. Thanks for your feedback.

#2 slammin

slammin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:21 PM

It wouldn't bother me in the least. I decided to render my home town 9 hole course as the 'pre-cart path' version; as there were no  cart paths when I grew up in the area. For me, the absence of the cart paths restores the original 'pastoral' feel to the course that I remember from my youth. 

I'm sure there are many who will tell you that you should include everything that is on the actual course. You're doing the right thing by taking a poll and then deciding from the results.

Also, the master builders such as  NoPutt, DPRoberts, Skunky and Matthew Rose have the talent to make roads and cart paths look real. Noobs/hacks such as myself tend to make them look like cheap arcade go-cart tracks. : )

#3 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:27 PM

If you can create a path like DP has on Scioto then its worthwhile, just so good!  easy roads add nothing special to any course imo, if you decide to use no paths then thats fine by me. 

• slammin likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#4 SFR

SFR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:17 PM

I notice that a few of the courses made using some other cart path method don't act like a cart path.  The ball will disappear through the path however seem to be ok on the next shot.  Also some have a penalty attached for the next shot where as the path option in course forge apply no penalty but also no drop.

Some of the bounces off these cart paths are not representing what you would see from a real path but more of a "rough" reaction and outcome. 

As a sim player if they don't play accurately in the sim, then they are better left out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users