7 replies to this topic

#1 BlackCat0315

BlackCat0315

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:06 AM

Once again, I would like to ask that PP allow me, or someone else, to set the official tournaments.

I am wondering why this is even a feature on this game now if it is not going to be used.

#2 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:23 PM

No use even asking any longer.   Mike J provided his reason why tournaments are no longer set up... basically, you have to join the one tournament organization, PGLS, in order to participate in tournaments.   They do an excellent job over there and applaud them for their efforts, but I am still baffled as to why we cannot set up our own tournaments...  for me, it was literally the only time I played the game and now since these are not set up any longer, I can't remember when I played a full round.  

Edit: this should probably be moved to the PG forum. 

#3 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:28 PM

Rob whats the difference ? Offical or pgls , the pgls tournaments do the exact same as the offical tours i would even say the PGLS tours are better. I know you need to sign up / register 2 mins max no big deal.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#4 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:05 PM

Rob whats the difference ? Offical or pgls , the pgls tournaments do the exact same as the offical tours i would even say the PGLS tours are better. I know you need to sign up / register 2 mins max no big deal.

Well, the difference for me is I would rather not play 4 rounds on the same course.  Some official PP tournaments had 36 hole tournaments and that is just enough for me to sustain interest.  Quick, fun, easy, don't care about score... move on to the next course designed by the very talented designers here at PG.    I found myself not completing the 4 rounds as I would want to play new courses all the time.  I play this game strictly for fun with the competitive factor way down low on the totem pole. 

• Tigers Agent likes this

#5 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:49 PM

they do have 4 - 36 hole tourneys each week

PGA 9

Stableford 9

Hazard 9

Tough Stuff.

then you also have the Skills Tourney it is a 72 hole format

but it plays quickly as you have 2 shots at each pin which is 36 strokes per round.

so there is 5 tourneys a week you could be playing.

• maxie likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#6 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

Well, the difference for me is I would rather not play 4 rounds on the same course.  Some official PP tournaments had 36 hole tournaments and that is just enough for me to sustain interest.  Quick, fun, easy, don't care about score... move on to the next course designed by the very talented designers here at PG.    I found myself not completing the 4 rounds as I would want to play new courses all the time.  I play this game strictly for fun with the competitive factor way down low on the totem pole. 

Well if your not intrested in the competitive part  whats the point in playing in a competition, not mocking just saying thats what they are for. If your just intrested in the fun factor i find the head to head alt shot games the best fun.

#7 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 27 January 2019 - 02:59 PM

If you play RTS we use two courses each week in 72 hole event and great fun switching courses each round.

#8 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:58 AM

they do have 4 - 36 hole tourneys each week

PGA 9

Stableford 9

Hazard 9

Tough Stuff.

then you also have the Skills Tourney it is a 72 hole format

but it plays quickly as you have 2 shots at each pin which is 36 strokes per round.

so there is 5 tourneys a week you could be playing.

Well then perhaps I received the wrong information, but coming from the organizer there, I was told that there were no 36 hole tournaments.   No worries though, I guess I can check it out but then again, haven't played in while now.   Motivation is just not there, but that's on me.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users