3 replies to this topic

#1 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:19 AM

I searched and didn't find an answer... so here is a question I hope someone can help with.

Course Forge isn't saving my custom layers bunker spline settings (well just one of the settings).  Every time I load CF I have to go into the bunker setting and change the drop down back to "grid."  If I don't the bunker spline draws a flat bunker without any of the undulation that makes the bunker.

Is there anything that can be done to make it hold the "grid" setting?  Or maybe I borked another setting in the bunker spline?

Hopefully these pics will help illustrate:

No grid:

i-txKZSs5-X3.jpg

Grid Fill:

i-kHtLfRG-X3.jpg

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#2 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:35 AM

I think this is a bug that happens when the grid fill of a layer is changed.

Try selecting another layer and then select bunker again, the grid fill text should return,

then calculate the spline. Justin and I saw this just the other day, and that seemed to work.

• jspirate likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#3 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:17 PM

I had the same problem a few days ago with my current WIP. I had all of the mesh tears removed on my course and build it went in game to play and nearly half of my greens had the terrain showing on them. After pulling the rest of my hair out I took notice that the same thing you showed was happening to my greens. I just went ahead and click the drop-down chose Grid fill again and recalculated the whole course again. Before I built the course I went back in to make sure grid fill was still showing for the greens, then built the course again and everything has been staying good since then.

• jspirate likes this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#4 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:41 PM

Thanks for the responses.  It seems odd that this didn't happen to me before this :shrug:

Anyway, I ended up fixing mine by accident.  When I added another spline in my custom library, it seemed to straighten it all out :wacko:

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users