#1 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:15 AM

This is twice in a week the site went down.  Can someone tell us why this is happening???

• maxie likes this

#2 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:08 AM

Maybe they work on PG2 and need to move resources...

Who cares...

#3 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:08 PM

Maybe they work on PG2 and need to move resources...

Lol, thanks man, I needed a good laugh to start me off this morning.
  • fungolfer, erwildcat and SebGOLO like this

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:16 PM

Why does this keep happening?

Mike:  

Is the server getting overloaded or what makes the whole thing come crashing down and seemingly require some manual action on your end?

#5 SebGOLO

SebGOLO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:31 PM

obviously they dont like to talk about this for some reason ;)   

Intel I7 6700K Skylake -- 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz --  Samsung SSD950 Pro * 2 --  Nvidia RTX2070 Founders Edition --  Oculus Rift with touch -- BeQuiet Pure Power 650W -- Bowers&Wilkins 607 Surround -- Pioneer Vsx930

#6 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:43 PM

Do we maybe need to start going to another server for a forum just incase this one goes down for good? At least with another server we would probably get feedback as to why it happened. Is Andrew alive? He helped build this game but he never talks, what kind of developers do that? Oh shit sorry, MOST OF THEM!!

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#7 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:52 PM

Do we maybe need to start going to another server for a forum just incase this one goes down for good? At least with another server we would probably get feedback as to why it happened. Is Andrew alive? He helped build this game but he never talks, what kind of developers do that? Oh shit sorry, MOST OF THEM!!

Good points...

The Steam community forum/site for the game sort of fills that role I suppose.

It's pretty barren over there otherwise..

Lots of shouting into the void and hearing echoes off empty canyon walls.

#8 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:29 AM

It's not IF STEAM goes down, it's if this damn server goes down which is bull****

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#9 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:33 AM

It's not IF STEAM goes down, it's if this damn server goes down which is bull****

Right but I mention the steam because the forum there is a place we can still communicate if the servers are down so that this forum is down

#10 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:33 AM

PGLS has a nice forum.

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

#11 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:47 AM

been 3 weekends on the trot the server has gone down now plus some times during the week maybe?

does make you wonder what's going on.

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#12 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:58 AM

Why bother?  Other than the occasional new course that the community designers create, which is hardly discussed anyway, there is not much to talk about.   Maybe keep the forums for the sim players?  

Have not fired up PG in quite some time..  I poke in here at the forums with morning coffee, there is ZERO going on for months now...   Happy for those that still enjoy it, but I have found other things to do/play with my time.   If these forums go down, so be it.. nothing new to read anyway.  

No "doom and gloom", its just the way things are these days...

• Tigers Agent likes this

#13 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:26 PM

It does make you feel like you’re banging your head against a brick wall most of the time.
No input from anyone of consequence and no news. It’s very sad the way things have gone with the game which showed so much promise. It feels like we’ve been abandoned and that can’t be argued against.
Very depressing.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#14 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:50 PM

Yes, it's a little sad that there is not much news from an official. They probably have their reasons.

But I'm very excited when looking at the course forge section. I believe the surface is just scratched. Great designs and technics are in the works or tested by the community. It may be a small community but they are pushing this game to new levels in terms of visuals and so realism too.

For me this PG1 just gets better and better everyday.
  • xooze, sideshowbob, RobV and 1 other like this

#15 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:54 PM

Yes, it's a little sad that there is not much news from an official. They probably have their reasons.
But I'm very excited when looking at the course forge section. I believe the surface is just scratched. Great designs and technics are in the works or tested by the community. It may be a small community but they are pushing this game to new levels in terms of visuals and so realism too.
For me this PG1 just gets better and better everyday.

More courses can only take us so far

#16 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:42 PM

If they don't want to talk about PG2 and it's trackman only version so be it but at least let us know what is going on with the server and if they don't know that's fine but it's only common courtesy to do so. Again this F'in game relies upon the server to be played AT ALL besides a few courses to choose from and that is just stupid as heck. This server goes down we are the screwed ones not them!

More courses is great but if the servers down we can't play them...........  :huh:

I got my group of guys I play with EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT to play this game over TGC2 because they didn't like the tempo in the mouse swing but TGC2 also has that crap but most of us used the controller because there mouse swing sucks the big one. My problem with it was many people were always scoring unreal scores every round, yes I know what's new here because some of you shoot scores you'll never see on tour either but how would I feel if I tried to convince them again to go play TGC2019. I just don't want to play with a controller, I don't sit back in my lazy ass chair, I sit down on my computer so I want to play by mouse and it sucks and there to stupid over there to just switch an axis in there code which is extremely easy and only takes a minute so people who love to play horizontal can do so.

YES that is how much I love this game, this is how much we rely on it, this is why we don't like the server going down so much because we can't trust it and this game relies on it being up for us to play it. 

I know my friend was building a golf game in Unreal Engine 4, I wonder if he is even doing anything anymore.

• cajuncapgun likes this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#17 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:02 PM

Totally feel ya' Joe..

If this is "it", I honestly sort of wish PP would figure out some add-on monthly charge for server access that would have some uptime guarantees and/or hopefully have more dedicated server resources going to it.

Maybe it's just unlucky of late, but it does seem like the server going down is getting more frequent.

I honestly wish the game had direct-IP connections as an option.

That was really great back in the 2000's when Tiger on PC (and I presume other titles) had that.

Super nice for those of us who just play with a known few people.

#18 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:08 PM

Yes, to get the curve on my post above I should add that I really hope the devs see and appreciate all this enthusiasm, passion and work of the community for their Sim and they benefit from this too. No matter how small or in what term of benefit. And that simply because of this the servers should stay stable.

#19 granite00

granite00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:09 PM

I don't care if the devs don't want to discuss PG2. 

PG1 is the only product of record and should be supported.  If they want to cut PG1 users loose, they should make the game and ALL, repeat ALL, courses accessible to play from our hard drive.  When they are down, we only have access to a few stock courses.  We should be able to play all user designed courses at any time.  Pathetic.

• Greensboronclion and DC#1 like this

#20 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:12 PM

We should be able to play all user designed courses at any time. .

I totally agree with this sentiment and honestly am pretty mystified as to why they are locked down by online/server access.

I'm assuming it all stems from originally planning to have all add-on courses be paid DLC and then later pivoting to 3rd party, non paid, courses being part of the mix?

Best guess I have anyhow..  It's an odd one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users