• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 UK4LifeBBN

UK4LifeBBN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:50 AM

Tourney level changed from Amateur to Pro recently.   I set my default character level to Pro as well.  However, if I host a tourney game my level remains on Amateur, if I click my character and try to change to pro it does NOTHING.

If someone else is hosting a tourney and I join their game it automatically has me set to pro  so I know it's defaulting to the right settings.  

So basically right now I can't compete in any tourney unless someone else is hosting and I join their game.

PLEASE HELP!!

EDIT:

I've tried some more troubleshooting steps and the only tournaments affected are PGLS so this probably should be explained by them.  If somebody knows the answer though, PLEASE let me know.

Edited by UK4LifeBBN, 11 February 2019 - 05:56 AM.

#2 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:08 AM

Who ever sets round may have it set on a specific level...therefore you are forced to play at that level. need to set any level and that should allow you to change your player to anything you may have saved. Tourneys are different and are usually set for a specific lev. Then again those can be set to any as well. Make sure you saved the default player.... some times you can  think you did but the save didn't take..

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#3 UK4LifeBBN

UK4LifeBBN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:07 AM

"Who ever sets round may have it set on a specific level...therefore you are forced to play at that level. need to set any level and that should allow you to change your player to anything you may have saved. Tourneys are different and are usually set for a specific lev. Then again those can be set to any as well. Make sure you saved the default player.... some times you can  think you did but the save didn't take.."

This is for tourneys only. I am able to switch when I play w/ others for fun because most people set to "all" for difficulty level when they setup a game.  Like I said, this ONLY happens on PGLS tourneys (after I did more troubleshooting).  When I try to change it doesn't let me, but when I join another user hosting a PGLS tourney it AUTOMATICALLY has me set to Pro level, because it's my default.

#4 UK4LifeBBN

UK4LifeBBN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:30 AM

Ok everyone just so you know I wanted to let you know I figured it out!

So my default username w/ the difficulty level of Amateur was my proper name (UK4LifeBBN). I had another character name in the game set as UK4LifeBBNPro which I had setup w/ the PRO level setting. 

When I set my UK4LifeBBNPro character as my default and tried to host a PGLS tourney it would NOT work anymore. It would however let me join others that were hosting a PGLS tourney with the name UK4LifeBBNPro set as my default and it didn't care, it would recognize me and record my results. 

SO.... The issue only is when you try to HOST THE PGLS TOURNEY for others to join. It has to match your Steam ID completely but it apparently doesn't if you join someone else hosting a PGLS event. So now my default name is what it was on Amateur (UK4LifeBBN) but my difficulty level is set to Pro. I can startup a PGLS tourney no problem.

My second name is UK4LifeBBN-Amateur and I only use that if I want to use that level in a non-PGLS tourney.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users