108 replies to this topic

#41 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:04 PM

Yeah, it was my understanding that Trackman can't utilize all the current courses (as it stands right now).  I was pondering if future trackman updates would somehow be able to.  That would have the affect of making the newer courses built in a newer version of unity slightly less exciting as the trackman users would have access to the 300+ that are already built.

There are likely course licensing concerns there for Trackman, especially since they have actual Tour players using their hardware.

#42 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:54 PM

There are likely course licensing concerns there for Trackman, especially since they have actual Tour players using their hardware.

I wouldn't ding em for using Bradford Links :)

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#43 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:51 PM

I could be wrong but I don't remember signing anything that stated they had rights to use my courses. There's several reasons why they won't allow user created courses. Intelegical property, paid Unity assets in course, 3D modeling (clubhouses, buildings). All that the user spends a lot of time on and in some cases money is spent.

If they charge trackman users 1k a year for access to courses they would be profiting of off user courses.

Again, I could be completely of base, lol

#44 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:22 AM

That's the point, they could profit off user courses IF the user agreed that they could use that said course in it's simulator. 

I did spend $300 on Hazeltine with buying trees, paying for the clubhouse model and other things but it's a course I wanted to finish since I started it early in beta. I screwed up the textures and hope to fix it someday but if not oh well atleast I did finish it. I have stock textures on it now from mikes tutorial and it looks much better but still isn't what I wanted but if they wanted to use it in the Sim i'd give them permission but i'm sure SINCE people are still technically paying for the software but getting courses free they'd still have to get a license agreement with Hazeltine National because there is still technically a payment being made. (Not totally sure though)

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#45 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:17 AM

I imagine that since they now have Mike "on staff", they'll just keep him busy making licensed courses over time to build out their library.

For us here the 3rd party community is totally epic!

But for a very expensive and "used by Tour Pros" product like Trackman, a highly curated and fully licensed library of select courses is likely the most desirable to them.

#46 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:42 PM

I imagine that since they now have Mike "on staff", they'll just keep him busy making licensed courses over time to build out their library.

3 more new courses released for Trackman Sim users
The one in this video is apparently Sutton Bay

rWCJSGu.png

Video: https://streamable.com/gwrle

Source: https://www.instagra.../p/Bu85VnJnn75/

#47 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:03 PM

3 more new courses released for Trackman Sim users

rWCJSGu.png

Video:  https://streamable.com/gwrle

Source:  https://www.instagra.../p/Bu85VnJnn75/

This really pisses me off. I was angry when I found out the game was sold and figured at that time that we were dead in the water. Then Mike comes in and says that they are working on PG2 but can't say anything more. EA Sports is out of the picture. We have that other game that I can't manage to score better than the 80's and no 3 click, a few cartoonish games that don't appeal to me, EA Sports is out of the picture. What's left is it is all about the money. I don't fault folks who see an opportunity to make more money. But if a new golf game that offers 3 click with superior graphics and all the bells and whistles that you guys want, wouldn't that make money? Especially if it attracts all of computer golfers? I wish that I could find my old Tiger Woods 08 disc and code. 

• Buck likes this

#48 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:21 PM

I wish that I could find my old Tiger Woods 08 disc and code.

Would you really go back to Tiger Woods 08?

I do sort of wonder what I would do tomorrow if PG1 stopped working today.

(It would not be TGC, I know that)

#49 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:25 PM

I would be happy if they just kept PG1, even if it meant having yearly contributions to keep the site going.  I do feel there is a market for PG2 though and hope the dev's and their bosses feel the same.

• Buck, Kimmer1947 and Greensboronclion like this

#50 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:26 PM

Nice video flyover previews of each course on this page.
Just select a course from the list and hit the large play button (arrow) for each

https://trackmangolf...ulator#section5

#51 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:38 PM

Would you really go back to Tiger Woods 08?

I do sort of wonder what I would do tomorrow if PG1 stopped working today.

(It would not be TGC, I know that)

Yeah, but I can't find my disc and key code. Probably threw it away when I cleaned my office. Trying to re install the downloadable Links 2K3 but it is telling me that I need Direct X and I can't find the files for that, yet.

edit..I found direct x and got Links 2K3 installed.

#52 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:51 PM

I just saw Mike in here maybe 10mins ago.

I wonder if he just checks to ensure no forum/post moderation is needed?
Morbid curiosity of where the pulse of the former customers is?
Seeing just how restless the inmates are getting?

Weird times we are in around here...

#53 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:04 PM

I'm trying to go back to Link23K but it won't display correctly on my computer. Have tried compatibility mode and nothing seems to work.

#54 Mr Ghost

Mr Ghost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:36 AM

I installed Links a few days ago. I like it, but the swing meter takes some getting use to. Movement is on the speedy quick side sometimes. lol

Trying to get my brother to check it out but he hates change haha we are on our 3rd or so golf game. He was talking about playstations and xboxes and whatnot, and they have Rory golf. Though i just read they are pulling it in May so not sure what that all means. And they are talking about The Golf Club 2019 as a replacement. I brought it up in another post, but the reason links can live on is the two things PG1 needs, and PG2 if it comes out. The ability to host your own game/server and play all courses no matter on/offline. And Links has a buttload of courses thankfully.

#55 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:29 AM

I'm trying to go back to Link23K but it won't display correctly on my computer. Have tried compatibility mode and nothing seems to work.

See Rehits post ,2nd post on page 1 then see Armands post, 3rd one down on page 2. [url="http://linkscourses....art=20&t=8442"]

#56 SebGOLO

SebGOLO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:42 AM

Wasn`t Mike`s last statement that Pg2 for PC is definitely being worked on? Besides priorities being on Trackman`s side?? Did I miss something?

Intel I7 6700K Skylake -- 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz --  Samsung SSD950 Pro * 2 --  Nvidia RTX2070 Founders Edition --  Oculus Rift with touch -- BeQuiet Pure Power 650W -- Bowers&Wilkins 607 Surround -- Pioneer Vsx930

#57 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:46 AM

Wasn`t Mike`s last statement that Pg2 for PC is definitely being worked on? Besides priorities being on Trackman`s side?? Did I miss something?

See below.

PG2 is being worked on, but “PG2” is simply “the next software for Trackman simulators” unless Mike and Andrew can convince Trackman to release a version for normal PC users and, by necessity of that if it were to happen, enter a business market they have no history or experience in (normal PC gaming)

PG2 is being worked on as it forms the basis for future iterations of the Trackman sim. We are working hard behind the scenes for a version to be released for PC and console as it would effectively be low hanging fruit as the majority of the work would have been done.

Trackman have no history of any games related titles but they can also see the huge potential that a new version of PG would have. Although the community sometimes may take a few potshots at Andrew and I, we are still the ones championing the cause and the best chance of PG2 making it to release.

We are are aware of some of the shortcomings of the original game hence this thread but what was never in doubt (bugs aside) was that it was the most accurate and realistic golf game out there but was lacking some of the necessary 'bells and whistles' as they say while at the same time getting some aspects spectacularly right too! The graphics have taken a big step forward as many have seen in some of the previous PG2 images I have posted here from time to time. It wouldn't be fair to make false promises about timelines as a game like this in a niche market takes a long time to put together but without the passionate community it wouldn't be worth doing at all.

#58 SebGOLO

SebGOLO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:07 AM

"We are working hard behind the scenes for a version to be released for PC and console as it would effectively be low hanging fruit as the majority of the work would have been done" ... I must have completely misunderstood that sentence then!!  

So...they are not working hard behind the scenes for a PC version?  Am I misunderstanding grammar? LOL. Damn excuse me I feel stupid now ;)

• sideshowbob and RobC like this

Intel I7 6700K Skylake -- 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz --  Samsung SSD950 Pro * 2 --  Nvidia RTX2070 Founders Edition --  Oculus Rift with touch -- BeQuiet Pure Power 650W -- Bowers&Wilkins 607 Surround -- Pioneer Vsx930

#59 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:19 AM

LOL Seb.

Just so many people on this forum like to be negative and spout their own 'facts' about the demise of the game.

As far as I am aware, as stated by the devs, the game is being worked on.

• Tigers Agent, RobC and SebGOLO like this

#60 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:03 AM

LOL Seb.

Just so many people on this forum like to be negative and spout their own 'facts' about the demise of the game.

As far as I am aware, as stated by the devs, the game is being worked on.

Well, truth be told... when the "facts" are, the fan base receives little to no communication from the dev team, how do you expect them to react?   Good for you that you remain positive about PG2, but for some, a small update or some sort of communication one a month?  one every 2 months?   anything really, would no doubt improve moral, continued interest and excitement about things to come.   If you are ok with someone chiming in every 6 months, then good for you..  to some, that many not be enough. 

• IanK likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users