#61 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:09 PM

LOL Seb.
Just so many people on this forum like to be negative and spout their own 'facts' about the demise of the game.
As far as I am aware, as stated by the devs, the game is being worked on.

Nobody is making up facts.
People are literally interpreting precisely what Mike last said.

"We are working hard behind the scenes for a version to be released for PC and console as it would effectively be low hanging fruit as the majority of the work would have been done" ... I must have completely misunderstood that sentence then!!  
So...they are not working hard behind the scenes for a PC version?  Am I misunderstanding grammar? LOL. Damn excuse me I feel stupid now ;)

Releasing a game on console is by no means "low hanging fruit" or "easy" or "simple".
If it were, we would have had PG1 on Consoles years ago.

Obviously they’re working on a version of the game for the PC because it runs on the PC for Trackman Simulator users.
That does not mean they would release a version for a PC user who does not use it with a Trackman.

Have you noticed all the courses and GUI features (and probably bug fixes) that have released for TM users on PG1 that we haven't gotten?

We're on the same PG1 platform as TM users right now.  

Why are we not getting any of the current "low hanging fruit"?

Finally don't forget the next thing Mike said - which is important

Trackman have no history of any games related titles but they can also see the huge potential that a new version of PG would have.

Businesses don't just release software to a foreign business market with no substantial or clear upside.
It's not simple nor cost free and there are reputational concerns of just "releasing something" to the public.

Think Trackman wants their name on any of the current reviews of PG1 on Steam?  

("no" would be the answer)

As for the "huge potential" comment.  I'd love to hear more commentary around that at some point.

If there was such "huge potential" in this space (PC gaming users), it's a little curious why PP sold to TM in the first place.

• scajjr29 and footslogger like this

#62 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:51 PM

What are you trying to do Buck, piss me off more? :D Yeah, why don't we get that low hanging fruit? I can think of no logical reason why we should not be entitled to the updates for JNPG as Trackman is. Unfortunately Trackman can call them proprietary, and maybe they are because maybe some of Trackman's own team developed them. But I kind of doubt it, otherwise they wouldn't have bought our game. 

#63 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:59 PM

What are you trying to do Buck, piss me off more? :D Yeah, why don't we get that low hanging fruit? I can think of no logical reason why we should not be entitled to the updates for JNPG as Trackman is. Unfortunately Trackman can call them proprietary, and maybe they are because maybe some of Trackman's own team developed them. But I kind of doubt it, otherwise they wouldn't have bought our game. 

lol

Yeah - who knows..

I'm not trying to piss you, or anyone, off honestly.

Just reading the tea leaves and am frustrated like many others.

We obviously all love the game or we wouldn't be here at all.

#64 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:20 PM

Nobody is making up facts.
People are literally interpreting precisely what Mike last said.

Releasing a game on console is by no means "low hanging fruit" or "easy" or "simple".
If it were, we would have had PG1 on Consoles years ago.

Obviously they’re working on a version of the game for the PC because it runs on the PC for Trackman Simulator users.
That does not mean they would release a version for a PC user who does not use it with a Trackman.

Have you noticed all the courses and GUI features (and probably bug fixes) that have released for TM users on PG1 that we haven't gotten?

We're on the same PG1 platform as TM users right now.  

Why are we not getting any of the current "low hanging fruit"?

Finally don't forget the next thing Mike said - which is important

Businesses don't just release software to a foreign business market with no substantial or clear upside.
It's not simple nor cost free and there are reputational concerns of just "releasing something" to the public.

Think Trackman wants their name on any of the current reviews of PG1 on Steam?  

("no" would be the answer)

As for the "huge potential" comment.  I'd love to hear more commentary around that at some point.

If there was such "huge potential" in this space (PC gaming users), it's a little curious why PP sold to TM in the first place.

You bring up a GREAT point actually.  Most of those reviews are on a VERY early version of PG1 with limited course etc.

I think it would be wise and awesome if Perfect Paralell released a NEW  Edition of PG1

Call it Perfect Golf Deluxe Edition and include all the updated (they made some minor updates to some courses I think), all the paid DLCs, and the new exclusives for Trackman for $50-60.  Get a fresh set of reviews of a much more polished game than that original.  I would buy it in a heartbeat to support PG and to get the newer courses. 

• Buck, RobV, Greensboronclion and 1 other like this

#65 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:21 PM

You bring up a GREAT point actually.  Most of those reviews are on a VERY early version of PG1 with limited course etc.

I think it would be wise and awesome if Perfect Paralell released a NEW  Edition of PG1

Call it Perfect Golf Deluxe Edition and include all the updated (they made some minor updates to some courses I think), all the paid DLCs, and the new exclusives for Trackman for $50-60.  Get a fresh set of reviews of a much more polished game than that original.  I would buy it in a heartbeat to support PG and to get the newer courses. 

It's a great call.

I also would pay again to support it assuming there was some developer discussion about, candidly, where we are at, where things might be going and what the general plan is, etc.

• bgast1 and Stingreye like this

#66 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:23 PM

Yeah I want that Trackman Exclusive "Interlachen CC", i'd pay $29.99 just for that course alone as it looks beautiful. I obviously have that Lidar imported already into Course Forge but cannot do that kind of job I don't think.

When your building a game you don't just leave, you always pop in to inform people of things or just to say hi. Your a fricken Dev, you want to keep your fan base aware of things. This is why I have no faith because Mike and Andrew don't let us know nothing anymore basically.

Trackman is already on my **** list and selling the game to them just F'ed us over but it was all about money and all about sim users from the beginning I bet. This is where the money is..... 

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#67 SebGOLO

SebGOLO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:14 AM

yeah I kinda get the whole conspiracy that`s going on in here  :lol:    

Intel I7 6700K Skylake -- 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz --  Samsung SSD950 Pro * 2 --  Nvidia RTX2070 Founders Edition --  Oculus Rift with touch -- BeQuiet Pure Power 650W -- Bowers&Wilkins 607 Surround -- Pioneer Vsx930

#68 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 16 March 2019 - 08:09 AM

I still believe that Mike and Andrew will do what they can to get PG2 to us, if selling the game to Trackman was great business for PP then i can't really blame them, there can be no sentiment when it comes to business.

As the clock ticks on the one thing that is annoying me more and more is my decision to sell my soul in the par 3 design contest. Trackman came to our house, told us how beautiful it was and how great we were, then f**ked off never to return.

I'm now left with an image of Donald Trump teeing it up at the lost nine using what is probably the best golf sim kit available today, all the while the creator of that course yearns for a much simpler, traditional method of sim golf.  Trump may well build his wall, but there is no bigger wall than the one built between Trackman and this community.

• Joe Habiger, LeazesNDR, scajjr29 and 9 others like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#69 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:21 PM

:lol: 

#70 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:39 PM

I'm now left with an image of Donald Trump teeing it up at the lost nine using what is probably the best golf sim kit available today...

Hopefully the burger grease and fry sauce all over his hands don't cause the Driver to slip out of his hands and rip a hole in the projector screen.

Be a shame to damage what is, no doubt, a great Trackman installation..

#71 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 12:30 AM

PG1 needs, and PG2 if it comes out. The ability to host your own game/server and play all courses no matter on/offline.

I don't think we'll ever see that option in a modern golf game.  Reason being is piracy.  Both PG and TGC 2019 require users to be connected to their servers in order to play the majority of the courses.  If these games are ever removed from Steam in the future though, I hope that some genius can create a patch that allows users to play these games VIA network play with a program like Gameranger.

there is no bigger wall than the one built between Trackman and this community.

Truer words were never spoken. :D  Sadly though, the lack of communication has been evident for quite a while now.  Well before Trackman ever came into the picture.

• Buck likes this

#72 chrismess13

chrismess13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationButte County, CA

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:45 AM

Is there any reason why pg1 can't become open source or opened up to mods?

#73 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:53 AM

Well - TM owns PG1 and it's powering their Sim hardware right now

I'm not sure they'd see the upside in open sourcing it

#74 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 17 March 2019 - 01:56 PM

M O N E Y

• Hammerfest likes this

#75 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:06 AM

It’s a real shame, we seem to have been abandoned!
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#76 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:16 PM

As Buck said TM is still using PG1 so PG2 must not be finished yet. So I don't get all this speculation that we won't be seeing a PC version of PG2. The game is developed and tested on a PC. All that would remain for the PC version is the GUI. The TM version would need that plus the device interface.

Maybe they don't need the money or they think a PC version would hurt their sim sales. Think not. I believe your not hearing anything because they don't know or have a timeline set yet.

• J_Schollmeyer, RobC, frank70 and 2 others like this

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#77 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:43 PM

As Buck said TM is still using PG1 so PG2 must not be finished yet. So I don't get all this speculation that we won't be seeing a PC version of PG2. The game is developed and tested on a PC. All that would remain for the PC version is the GUI. The TM version would need that plus the device interface.

Maybe they don't need the money or they think a PC version would hurt their sim sales. Think not. I believe your not hearing anything because they don't know or have a timeline set yet.

I don't disagree with any of this.  My only point is that the focus of any development is 100% geared towards the sim version.  Any playable PC-only version won't likely have any of the upgrades (updated avatar, career mode, etc) that many forum members want because they have very little benefit (if any) for sim players.  3D grass may even be on the cusp for being included or not - sim players probably only care about graphics to a point.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#78 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 19 March 2019 - 02:04 AM

If your a developer and want sales of your product you MUST keep your buying public in the know of ANYTHING know matter if it's crap people know of already. The buying public want to know if they are wasting there time or even just wanting to know even if it is a month later "Hey were not forgetting you guys and PG2 is still in development for the sim and other operating systems. I'm sorry we can't say more but our ******** **** ****** guys who bought our code won't let us say a ******* thing because there **********......

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#79 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:08 AM

Perhaps they don't want to bother the guys in charge of their new business agreement with what, in Trackman's mind, are peripheral matters.  Most of us probably wouldn't bother the boss when you know the answer is going to be noncommittal.

I don't keep much of an eye on all this so I'm curious as to what TM actually bought.  If they've got PG1 and maybe PG2, why can't PP just create another PC-only iteration of a golf game?  Or have they signed something that says 'everything you make belongs to us'?  If that's the case, does PP even exist any more?

#80 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:27 AM

I would think that there is likely an NDA in force currently regarding a lot of details but would it really cause that much issue to drop a couple of crumbs by way of a post giving some information about the state of PG2?

I am sure that TM have got the rights to everything and as such control everything that is released but give us a freakin bone here

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users