#1 KChavis

KChavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 07 March 2019 - 05:14 PM

Just thought it was a good time of year to ask, since the golf season officially starts w/the Masters next month.  Sorry Mike, as I know this topic will probably give you headaches.... :(

#2 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 March 2019 - 05:42 PM

Great Topic Heading, we need more like this.

I can't imagine anyone getting a headache, an embolism maybe,

or a myocardial infarction possibly, but not a headache.

LOL

• RobC likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#3 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 05:43 PM

Same as last year. Check back in 2020.

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:13 PM

"Soon"

;)

• Hammerfest likes this

#5 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:53 PM

"Soon"

;)

:lol:

#6 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:11 PM

Just thought it was a good time of year to ask, since the golf season officially starts w/the Masters next month.  Sorry Mike, as I know this topic will probably give you headaches.... :(

surelee you can't be serious..

#7 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:50 PM

Whew... I needed a good laugh!!  Glad I decided to stop in today.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#8 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:53 AM

I thought this site and the game was gone, numerous times i came to this site and it was up for sale, at least i thought it was this site i was logging onto, Good to see the game is still evolving, The GC2, swing physics are kindergarten compared to This original, I thought if all i am going to get is that game, i might give the game away, Good to see their is a second version in the works.

CGX Bruce R

#9 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:23 PM

I thought this site and the game was gone, numerous times i came to this site and it was up for sale, at least i thought it was this site i was logging onto, Good to see the game is still evolving, The GC2, swing physics are kindergarten compared to This original, I thought if all i am going to get is that game, i might give the game away, Good to see their is a second version in the works.

It's a pretty big stretch to say that JNPG2 is "in the works"

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#10 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:58 PM

Do You have any other official Informations?

Who cares...

#11 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:05 PM

We have been told by the developers that the game is being worked on. We have seen screegrabs of the new grass via nvidia turf effects. all you have to do is click on Mike or Andrews name in the forums and you can search their posts. At least that way you can see what they have said. Really doesn't matter what I or any 1 else think is going on. Bottom line is we have pg1, they are working on PG2, and no timetable has been given for such...

• fungolfer and RobC like this
Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#12 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:55 PM

Wow Slice I cant believe I am saying this but I agree with your post.  Who would have thunk it.

#13 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:15 AM

I am one that can not believe that JNPG is dead in the water. I just can not believe it. It's physics are so good, so impressive, so benchmark, i believe that the game will ultimately be picked up for completion. The only question is when.. ^_^

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#14 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:40 AM

We have been told by the developers that the game is being worked on. We have seen screegrabs of the new grass via nvidia turf effects. all you have to do is click on Mike or Andrews name in the forums and you can search their posts. At least that way you can see what they have said. Really doesn't matter what I or any 1 else think is going on. Bottom line is we have pg1, they are working on PG2, and no timetable has been given for such...

Posts like this make me laugh... What the heck is wrong with people asking for an update here and there anyway?

Nobody is saying what you posted is not true... Those screenshots are probably well over a year old now and besides, the post topic is requesting an update, not to reiterate what has been mentioned months and months ago.    

• Buck likes this

#15 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:42 AM

..  not sure what happened here, but double post..

#16 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:16 PM

I am just thankful we still have PG1. I doubt we ever see another version and I just want to make sure this 1st version sticks around.
  • Arsam likes this

#17 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:37 PM

I am one that can not believe that JNPG is dead in the water. I just can not believe it. It's physics are so good, so impressive, so benchmark, i believe that the game will ultimately be picked up for completion. The only question is when.. ^_^

Before were all "brown bread" would be nice!

#18 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:45 PM

Our most recent name drops of PG2.

Certainly hopeful - but then again - as Mike said in the 2nd quoted post below, “PG2” is really just the next gen of Trackman Golf Sim at this point, not necessarily anything for the former customer base on PC (us here)

The game is built in unity 5 and therefore generally cpu limited if you have a fast graphics card. Different parts of the CPU are used for different tasks and so while some may be maxed out some may not be and therefore not give a 100% CPU usage reading. This is due to the simplistic nature of most CPU/GPU performance monitors.

We have a performance profiler in unity editor which gives us details of exactly what causes performance slowdowns and bottlenecks. Many of the tasks in Unity 5 (on which platform PG is built) cannot be offloaded onto the GPU such as instancing specifically as it related to vegetation so these tasks are performed by the cpu which is suboptimal as the power of faster GPU's is then not used. This is not the case in newer versions of Unity where the GPU's are more easily utilized and details such as turf effects can be added with very little performance cost. The PG2 engine runs faster on my i5, GTX1080 system than PG1 because of these previous limitations.

The community built courses that tend to be the slowest and not optimized for the engine are ones that either have a large number of objects such as grass, bushes etc or a high triangle count caused by the above and also using unoptimized trees, objects etc with no LOD's or poorly constructed ones. We didn't build any limitations into CF so people can add what they want, it's their choice as to how many objects and of what kind they use but I've seen many otherwise good courses let down by this.

The engine isn't 'broken' it's just using older architecture. An older Ferrari is not broken because it's not as fast a new Ferrari, technology just moves on.

PG2 is being worked on as it forms the basis for future iterations of the Trackman sim. We are working hard behind the scenes for a version to be released for PC and console as it would effectively be low hanging fruit as the majority of the work would have been done.

Trackman have no history of any games related titles but they can also see the huge potential that a new version of PG would have. Although the community sometimes may take a few potshots at Andrew and I, we are still the ones championing the cause and the best chance of PG2 making it to release.

We are are aware of some of the shortcomings of the original game hence this thread but what was never in doubt (bugs aside) was that it was the most accurate and realistic golf game out there but was lacking some of the necessary 'bells and whistles' as they say while at the same time getting some aspects spectacularly right too! The graphics have taken a big step forward as many have seen in some of the previous PG2 images I have posted here from time to time. It wouldn't be fair to make false promises about timelines as a game like this in a niche market takes a long time to put together but without the passionate community it wouldn't be worth doing at all.

#19 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

I don't necessarily disagree with anything said here.  However, all of those posts/pictures are so old now that it's hard to call them relevant in today's context.

I'd love nothing more than to see JNPG2.  The current version of the game has a ton of promise.  But if you stitch together the rest of the data points that we have it's not very hard to come to the conclusion that JNPG2 won't ever see the light of day.  At least not in the way that most folks here want it to.  Priority 1 will be Trackman.  PC users will get any sloppy seconds (if anything at all).

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#20 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:31 PM

Dont really get how you come to that conclusion. What data points do you mean exactly?

It has been stated by the devs that the game (PG2) is being worked on, only negative posters state otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users