#1 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:19 PM

First of all no way I'm going to PG2-don't care for the physics (yes, they took some of my money).
How about something similar to PGA Live where you pay $60/yr (or monthly) for Live streaming of groups and holes of PGA tournaments. I, personally, would pay $60/yr for a snappy PG2 and good support, forums etc.
So that's my idea folks.

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#2 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:37 PM

It’s great to come up with new ideas Pappy but I feel they’re falling on deaf ears at the moment.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#3 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:39 PM

Very much agree, Trackman is now in charge and there only care in the world is there product. PG2 will never see the day and we have to accept that.

We need to hold out hope that some other company will make a golf game that surpases anything that has been out before but as much as I hate to say it that 25 thousand year old Links game will be hard to beat because it had a TON of features!! Graphics is not everything but it still has to look good and play excellent, no more 2d shit though (this is 2019)..lol

Simulators are the future though, they can charge hundreds of dollars PER COURSE, $15,000 + for a F'in trackman unit but only tour pro's and the super rich can afford this high end stuff and that's why they don't care about users like us. We don't support them really or we don't really bring them much money. I'd have no problem paying $19.99 per course (non user-made) if it was a great game and had great support. I'd pay $59.99 for the game as well. This company could have more competitions that could benefit them as well sort of how trackman did the par 3 competition. They could sell those courses for good money and if they had enough users they would surpass what they paid out in prizes.  

There is really quite a bit of money to be made if a great golf title came out you just have to know how to approach it. I think Mike and Andrew could have made more money but they gave away the game to fast to trackman. We have to hold out hope for something again before we all die a slow death.

• Greensboronclion likes this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#4 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:23 AM

You always have www.linkscountryclub.com . ;)

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#5 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:49 AM

We need to hold out hope that some other company will make a golf game that surpases anything that has been out before but as much as I hate to say it that 25 thousand year old Links game will be hard to beat because it had a TON of features!! Graphics is not everything but it still has to look good and play excellent, no more 2d shit though (this is 2019)..lol

Don't hate to say it... its true and spot on, Joe!   pound for pound, Links2k is one of, if not the, best golf game out there and is still standing up against the test of time!   To this day, I am still re-discovering features that I never really used... it is just an amazing game! 

• Tresclub likes this

#6 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:21 PM

You always have www.linkscountryclub.com . ;)

I went back and downloaded it but I can't find the direct x files to run it. 

#7 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:42 PM

I have to believe they are still working on pg2 from what the Jones's have told us. They have the feedback, Good and bad, to make pg2 even better than pg1. If they do that, and give us the things they wanted to include in pg1, such as customizable equipment, and small tweaks in the physics, I'd gladly pay 60 bucks for pg2.I'm optimistic this day will come.
Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#8 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:10 PM

I’d like to see them get away from unity’s engine and go for 1 like unreal’s engine..I’ve seen plenty of user made games from the old Nintendo era games and there a site to behold..something that don’t need updating every year and having to start over and by the time they finish the update,it’s time to do it over again..imo,they went the cheap way to start and I could understand that,but if u going to do something,do it right and save time,energy,money etc later..

#9 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:51 PM

I would vote for Unreal engine as well...

I'm not sure on pluses and minuses of all the 3d engines. The Amazon owned Lumberyard is free for use and is the Cryengine. Speedtree assets are free for it, I believe. Obviously, that would be nice.

The downside is that they have to pay for online multiplayer usage if they don't supply their own servers.

But, I'm sure there are issues with it as well.

Interestingly, I watch my son play Fortnite with 100 players all building and adding polygons in real time with a 3d environment that includes grass and trees and larger than any course we have and it runs smooth as silk. (That's on Unreal engine) Also, interactions are not mostly static as our golf environment.

Unity doesn't seem to maximize the GPU which is why we seem to peak out a bit on what we can add to the environment.
  • Buck likes this

#10 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:14 PM

Wouldn't it be amazing if the lost codes for LINKS were found

and upgraded to perform with 2019 engines? There is a 3.5"

dust covered floppy wedged in the donated couch of a Windows

designer from the early 90's somewhere out there. 

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#11 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:22 PM

https://youtu.be/OrMRjK_5RRU

And this is from a dude with no company backing I assume..this just 1 example of many out there..u should she some of the Star Wars remakes..

#12 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:16 PM

It all takes "time", "passion" and "knowledge". He clearly has all 3.

Unfortunately, when you need money, you start to run short on time and passion for hobbies.

Mike has the passion back as they are churning out some courses for TM. Likely, it's because he's got a little money now...

I still think PG2 is next year only because they are just on a nice ramp up with Trackman home user or small market commercial installs. No one is running to FSX or E6 because it's better. They have no need to upgrade at the moment.

The guy that can buy Trackman sim doesn't think like the PC gamer here.
  • SebGOLO likes this

#13 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:26 PM

They have no need to upgrade at the moment.
The guy that can buy Trackman sim doesn't think like the PC gamer here.

So true, and honestly I don’t even know if they need to go beyond PG1 for YEARS given the rest of the simulator software landscape of generally bad options.

#14 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:50 PM

Wouldn't it be amazing if the lost codes for LINKS were found

and upgraded to perform with 2019 engines? There is a 3.5"

dust covered floppy wedged in the donated couch of a Windows

designer from the early 90's somewhere out there. 

Do you really think they were lost. Highjacked, would be a more accurate description. They wanted to make sure that none could  get their hands on them. We all know what would have happened if they were somehow available for use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users