• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 dblewis

dblewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:48 PM

I am wondering if there are any Lidar packages for the following California  courses:  Ojai Valley, Rustic Canyon, Monarch Beach, Industry Hills (Ike & Babe courses), Sandpiper, Cypress Ridge and La Purisima?

These are my favorite courses that I have played near LA and would love to do one of them, especially Ojai Valley or Rustic Canyon.

#2 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:08 AM

lidar is available for only these three courses: Monarch Beach, Industry Hills. and Sandpiper.

#3 dblewis

dblewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:39 PM

Larry, How would I access Sandpiper?  Thank you!

#4 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:01 AM

Once I downloaded the lidar, it only covered part of the course, so wasn't able to create a heightmap.

#5 dblewis

dblewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:48 PM

Oh darn!  How about Monarch Beach?

#6 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:07 PM

Larry, NOAA website has the lidar that covers the whole course from 2015. You may lose a little contour in the upper right-hand corner of the overall height map but that will be well off the course.

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#7 dblewis

dblewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:49 PM

I found it there too, but I don't know how to tell what portions of the map are lidar and what are not.  I assume the jagged rectangular outlines indicate what is available?  Even if I could download the image myself I would not know what to do with it to make it usable.

#8 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:23 PM

Even though the squares appeared to cover moster most of the course, when processed, it was only a narrow band along the coast. Not nearly enough to cover the course.

Justin: The data on the National Map was the same as that available on NOAA.

Here's the Monarch Beach heightmap:

https://www.dropbox....itypackage?dl=0

#9 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:17 PM

Well Larry they must be different. Because what I downloaded from NOAA covers the complete course. Like I said just the upper right-hand corner isn't covered but it's well off the course. Would just have to be raised up by hand. Here's 2 images one showing the lidar, the other showing the Google Overhead. I put a box around the course on the lidar image. I have it put together I'll send him a link to it if he wants it.

SKlgEvB.jpg

xncP5Et.jpg

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#10 dblewis

dblewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:34 PM

Thank you so much Larry.  That was a super fast download.  You are very generous!  Justin I would like to see what I can do with your download of Sandpiper, thanks for your efforts.  For the moment I am having a problem with Unity validating my license.  I had a new hard-drive installed and now my operating system is no longer recognized, trying to get that resolved before I can open the Monarch Beach package.  I really appreciate the help and am looking forward to seeing what I can do...David

• Stingreye likes this

#11 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:48 PM

Okay I'll upload it and send it to you

• Stingreye likes this

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#12 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:10 PM

Here's the Sandpiper height map with CF already installed

Sandpiper

Just download it double-click on the unity packet when unity opens name the course and let it decompress. Once it's done decompressing just open the unity scene. If you don't see the terrain in the scene just go to the hierarchy and double-click on terrain. The terrain then should center itself in the scene. Then you're good to go.

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#13 dblewis

dblewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:52 PM

I am grateful to you Justin.  I've resolved my problems with Unity and am able to open it up and get back to Course Forge.  Now I've got two real courses to work on and a great challenge ahead of me.  I am excited about all I will learn and am so thankful to you and Larry for helping me get started with lidar projects.  Wow!  That's amazing!...David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users