#1 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:42 PM

In Links 2K1 &3, players you assigned as computer players, would hit a sand wedge off the tee on a 400 yd. plus hole. Sometimes in the fairway they would hit the ball back towards the tee instead of towards the green. They also would never hit anything but a sand wedge out of a bunker regardless of distance. This also held true in all versions of TW. In the PG sim, they go braindead on the greens. I just completed an 18 hole round with a computer player in PG. On four occasions the computer payer had putts inside of 2 feet. In all four instances he missed the putt either left or right by six inches leaving himself a longer comebacker than the original putt. Only thing I can figure is that it must be difficult to synchronize a computer player during the development stage of a sim.

#2 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:48 PM

it's well documented that the guy who did the motion capture had a severe case of the yips.

#3 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 25 March 2019 - 08:47 PM

were you playing realistic greens..lol

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#4 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:03 PM

This computer guy actually reminds me of some of the guys who play at my course lol. Here is a new wrinkle to the adventures of computer guy. Him and I were playing Castle Pines. It was a tee that was guarded on both sides by tall pines. This guy gets ready to tee off and a message appears "adjusting for trees". He turns completely around and with a wedge hits the ball out of bounds. I'd love to play this guy for about 50 bucks a hole.

#5 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:35 PM

were you playing realistic greens..lol

Playing the greatest hits I see!
lol

I admit… I still love the realistic greens setting

#6 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:33 AM

I must admit PG's  AI is clunky.  But that said, I also realize PG has spent most of its valuable time with real time game play and not so much on AI.   So I give them a pass on AI in PG1.   I enjoy OGT Tournament play and multiplayer funner rounds so my opinion might be a tad bit bias.

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#7 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:43 PM

I must admit PG's  AI is clunky.  But that said, I also realize PG has spent most of its valuable time with real time game play and not so much on AI.   So I give them a pass on AI in PG1.   

PP had two extensive time-wasting builds of AI at a time when there were still fundamental general gameplay problems and still the AI were dumb. They are probably better off sticking to building golf courses and corporate fun and games rather than pursuing other avenues of gameplay - or even trying to build PG2.

#8 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:51 PM

I disagree. this is the best golf game i have ever played when it comes to physics. If they were to tweak things a bit such as the excessive spin this would be the best ever.

• cajuncapgun, J_Schollmeyer, Affo and 1 other like this
Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#9 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:29 AM

PP had two extensive time-wasting builds of AI at a time when there were still fundamental general gameplay problems and still the AI were dumb. They are probably better off sticking to building golf courses and corporate fun and games rather than pursuing other avenues of gameplay - or even trying to build PG2.

WHAT!   LOL! 

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users