#41 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:29 PM

Three more new courses for Trackman users.
It’s starting to hurt a little bit I’ll admit.

https://www.instagra.../p/BwJ4j9unZA0/

MONTECITO CLUB - CALIFORNIA, US
TRINITY FOREST - TEXAS, US
HOFGUT SCHEIBENHARDT GC - GERMANY

Nice mountain/hill backdrop on Montecito
https://scontent-sea...dninstagram.com

Trinity looks nice also

Wow... all three of those courses look fantastic!  I guess that up to date drone LiDAR data is worth the cost!

• Buck likes this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#42 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:56 PM

All I got to say is **** trackman.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#43 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:17 PM

^^^^

"Viva"?  ^_^

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#44 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:46 PM

I have similar sentiments Joe but there is no way that they would stop the devs telling us what is occurring one way or the other.
Surely it’s up to them to show their faces on here once and a while.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#45 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:08 AM

I would've picked up Trinity and Montecito as DLC, not to mention some of the others.

I wonder how much value TM users get out of the courses.  I can play a 20min round which leads to replayability - how long does a sim round take?  Depending on ability, maybe an hour?  Hmm.

• Buck likes this

#46 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:13 AM

I would've picked up Trinity and Montecito as DLC, not to mention some of the others.

I wonder how much value TM users get out of the courses.  I can play a 20min round which leads to replayability - how long does a sim round take?  Depending on ability, maybe an hour?  Hmm.

I would have bought nearly all of them honestly.

I hope there's a plan to open that up at some point eventually... just free money sitting here for work they've already done and are continuing to do.

#47 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 14 April 2019 - 05:05 AM

Hmm.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#48 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:05 AM

I watched a sym on u tube and thought how boring  they wait 10 scs after they hit a ball to see it on the screen then they have to pick the ball up and hit it again and wait another 10 scs to see it on screen and so on. not for me.

• SebGOLO likes this

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#49 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:30 PM

I am certainly not dissing Mike or Andrew in that last comment, we lost out on wonderful courses AND MAYBE a possibility of playing PG2 because of Trackman. I hate them so much right now, such an asshole company that doesn't care about anybody but themselves and the hundreds of thousands they get from PGA Pro's and such. 

It would have been great to play these other courses that the simulators guys get to play but they couldn't even sell them at $30 a pop to us because they make WAY THE **** more from the simulator users so they would lose money i'm sure. Don't even tell me they are in a different format and we couldn't play it on the PC because that is total bull.

Mike and Andrew sold the game and we got ****** in the a$$ because of it.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#50 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:31 PM

I watched a sym on u tube and thought how boring  they wait 10 scs after they hit a ball to see it on the screen then they have to pick the ball up and hit it again and wait another 10 scs to see it on screen and so on. not for me.

Heck some of them don't even putt, WTF is up with that? That ain't a sim...

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#51 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:24 AM

Ok, I understand. That was a 8192 resolution ovelay in 650 * 650 meters area. I't about 8 cm accuracy and about 156 pixel per square meter. Shitty endeed :P. I'm sorry if Pebble isn't perfect IRL.

One thing I have to agree though. I would have wanted it smoother also myself. I'm afraid my resolution was too good. I smoothent the overlay already quite much but a little less detail with antializing could have looked better. So the resolution isn't the problem in my opinion, it's just that we have to learn a little more. That Pebble was my test course and I learned my lesson. Next ones will be better, if they'll ever come out ;).

Although your overlay only covered 650x650 meters in Unity, I would suggest it came from a 0.25m/pixel or 0.3m/pixel original satellite image, regardless of what resolution it was downloaded as. It's not often I see higher resolution sat images than that, but of course not impossible. So I'm suspecting upsampling there to get your 8cm.

So it's not about Pebble Beach being shitty in real life, it's just when the satellite's image sensor averages 25x25cm adjacent chunks of turf into a single pixel each, the transition between those pixels is no longer smooth but mottled. Then Unity will represent the original 25x25cm chunks of turf by these single color pixels and up close we'll see the mottling. Just loss of data - not too much we can do about it when using the overlay image for coloring.

We also could be seeing artifacting from the jpg compression in the source overlay image too - again something that doesn't show from a distance but will when each pixel gets blown up when close.

#52 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:35 AM

One of the cheaper sensors has around a 5 second wait from hitting until it shows up on screen, but the 2/3rds of JNPG players see take off just as they're about through their swing and are looking at the screen. Trackman is similar. I had the cheaper sensor once and thought I'd hate the 5 second wait (feels shorter), but actually didn't mind it when playing it. Don't like it when spectating though.

Some guys finish 18 holes in 20-25 minutes - loading a new ball and grabbing a different club while the ball is in flight.

#53 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:10 PM

I am certainly not dissing Mike or Andrew in that last comment, we lost out on wonderful courses AND MAYBE a possibility of playing PG2 because of Trackman. I hate them so much right now, such an asshole company that doesn't care about anybody but themselves and the hundreds of thousands they get from PGA Pro's and such. 

It would have been great to play these other courses that the simulators guys get to play but they couldn't even sell them at $30 a pop to us because they make WAY THE **** more from the simulator users so they would lose money i'm sure. Don't even tell me they are in a different format and we couldn't play it on the PC because that is total bull.

Mike and Andrew sold the game and we got ****** in the a$$ because of it.

I am Joe.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#54 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:28 PM

Although your overlay only covered 650x650 meters in Unity, I would suggest it came from a 0.25m/pixel or 0.3m/pixel original satellite image, regardless of what resolution it was downloaded as. It's not often I see higher resolution sat images than that, but of course not impossible. So I'm suspecting upsampling there to get your 8cm.

So it's not about Pebble Beach being shitty in real life, it's just when the satellite's image sensor averages 25x25cm adjacent chunks of turf into a single pixel each, the transition between those pixels is no longer smooth but mottled. Then Unity will represent the original 25x25cm chunks of turf by these single color pixels and up close we'll see the mottling. Just loss of data - not too much we can do about it when using the overlay image for coloring.

We also could be seeing artifacting from the jpg compression in the source overlay image too - again something that doesn't show from a distance but will when each pixel gets blown up when close.

Google Earth Pro's accuracy isn't 25*25 cm. Go and see Pebble yourself with Google Earth Pro. It's free.

Of course I didn't have the most accurate layer, but very close.

#55 slewin

slewin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:13 AM

Three more new courses for Trackman users.
It’s starting to hurt a little bit I’ll admit.

https://www.instagra.../p/BwJ4j9unZA0/

MONTECITO CLUB - CALIFORNIA, US
TRINITY FOREST - TEXAS, US
HOFGUT SCHEIBENHARDT GC - GERMANY

Nice mountain/hill backdrop on Montecito

Trinity looks nice also

Hate to say it but what we as a small but forgotten group are achieving and will achieve in the future will far outstrip the Trackman releases for realism and quality even with outdated lidar etc...
The leaps we are starting to make in the last few months is astounding and only getting better.
I’ve only really been interested in creating courses vs playing so a half finished game doesn’t really bother me too much.

They would have done well to keep us in the loop and use our expertise.
Anyway we are an extremely niche and ever shrinking bunch of diehards that simply represent zero profitability.
  • Arsam, Joe Habiger, J_Schollmeyer and 1 other like this

#56 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:35 PM

Hate to say it but what we as a small but forgotten group are achieving and will achieve in the future will far outstrip the Trackman releases for realism and quality even with outdated lidar etc...
The leaps we are starting to make in the last few months is astounding and only getting better.
I’ve only really been interested in creating courses vs playing so a half finished game doesn’t really bother me too much.
They would have done well to keep us in the loop and use our expertise.
Anyway we are an extremely niche and ever shrinking bunch of diehards that simply represent zero profitability.

The course designer work is simply outstanding of late!
I’m tremendously grateful for the hard work put in by the design community.

I just want to remind us all though that with a flip of a switch this could all be over for us here

I start getting worried about that when the financial incentives do not align in favor of them keeping something going where they are making no money off of us yet there are server upkeep costs on their end.

#57 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:52 PM

You guys are off base here.   OGT Simulator Tour has over 450 members and OGT PC tour has 60 or so pc players.  Trackman are making good money on annual sim access fees without having to do much of anything.  "low hanging fruit".

In a way, PG1 server will continue to stay up because of PG1 simulator uses....  You're welcome.... :)

• RobC likes this

#58 slewin

slewin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:26 PM

That’s good to know

#59 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:07 AM

You guys are off base here. OGT Simulator Tour has over 450 members and OGT PC tour has 60 or so pc players. Trackman are making good money on annual sim access fees without having to do much of anything. "low hanging fruit".

In a way, PG1 server will continue to stay up because of PG1 simulator uses.... You're welcome.... :)

Probably worth mentioning the sim growth rate is likely double digits increases too. The revenue from sim by my wild guess would be it’s at least doubled possibly tripled since the TM acquisition. That’s pretty good for software that hasn’t been touched in two years much.
  • zmax - sim likes this

#60 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:26 AM

Probably worth mentioning the sim growth rate is likely double digits increases too. The revenue from sim by my wild guess would be it’s at least doubled possibly tripled since the TM acquisition. That’s pretty good for software that hasn’t been touched in two years much.

All sounds good to me guys!

I still wish they'd let us buy the new courses they keep putting out, but - oh well

I'm just happy the game continues to work! (and sounds like that will continue...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users