Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:00 AM

All sounds good to me guys!

I still wish they'd let us buy the new courses they keep putting out, but - oh well

I'm just happy the game continues to work! (and sounds like that will continue...)

I still don’t understand it. Maybe when they have 10-15 of them they will package then together for $70-$100.
  • Buck likes this

#62 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:30 PM

There's about 10-12 of them already that we don't have, selling them at regular price or even $9.99 would net them close to $100 or more from each of us or those who wanted them or which ones. Yeah it's probably not the thousands of dollars they paid this designer to make the course but your making money from people you would normally not be making money from. I just don't understand it and obviously PP or Trackman never wants to talk unless they want to speak to you in a PM.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#63 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:34 PM

This is a more cynical take, but perhaps they don't want to further extend the relationship with any of us here on the retail/non TM side of things and work towards winding this down or some other transition over time?

It's hard to understand why they wouldn't want money for IP they've already licensed and courses they've already created.

#64 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:09 PM

Or it makes for a good library of new courses for PG2.

• Buck likes this

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#65 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:59 PM

Just like the new Tool album, I'll believe it when I see it (PG2).
  • RobV likes this

#66 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:05 AM

It feels like we’ve been given the old British medieval two fingered salute!
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#67 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:20 PM

They will never release those courses to PG1. It would be disaster for their customer base to know that we got all those courses and other stuff basicly for free. People wouldn't buy an expensive Trackman sim if there is a cheaper version that offers all the same shit with only few bucks.

That's why they can't take our money and give us the courses. Will see what PG2 brings to the market. I think it would be smart from them to release this software for PC users and to all sim platforms. This way they would make their customer base much larger and also get money from people who have chosen the different LM. With right kind of pricing this could be a good idea and PC guys would be there also to make courses for every one to use.

I'm afraid though that PG2 will be only for TM users but imo it's not the right way to go. They will be greater if they sell this for all the World. 

• Joe Habiger likes this

#68 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:25 AM

Well, I guess good for Trackman users/players, but personally speaking, do not really care if they are not released for PG...

We've got some of the best of the best courses right here, for free, from the awesome course designers.   Many which are which just as good, if not better than what is considered the official courses...   

• Arsam likes this

#69 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:56 PM

Well, I guess good for Trackman users/players, but personally speaking, do not really care if they are not released for PG...

We've got some of the best of the best courses right here, for free, from the awesome course designers.   Many which are which just as good, if not better than what is considered the official courses...

We could have “both” though.
There’d be no downside effect to our current situation - just even more great options.

#70 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:23 PM

Yes, beautiful courses. I agree **** Trackman. The lack of definitive communication regarding the future of this game is driving me nuts. My guess is that Trackman could care less about us. We don't matter. But I also think that the developers here could have at least made some provision for continued support for us in advance of selling us out to Trackman. Oh well, I've said my piece again, now I will go back to playing the game as it is.

#71 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:46 PM

I’m more annoyed at the lack of response from Mike and Andrew then I am with Trackman.
  • Hammerfest likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users