#1 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:41 PM

That is the question...at the top of the RTS mouse swing?

But here is another one:  Does the pause time count in the overall swing time?  Does the time taken in any pause section count as back swing or through swing or just count for the total swing time?  Obviously if you take it to extreme then I get a huge loss of expected distance which leads me to think it counts for just the total time.

Still struggling with them medium irons from say 5-9 with as much (if not more) deviation than the driver!  Def the worst part of my game at Tour Pro.  Am using the shorter ball and I try not to overswing.

Just seems that a distinct and total cessation of mouse movement for the briefest of moments is possibly better with these medium irons but I could be chasing unicorns here.  Possibly the same thing happens with the woods so long as it is not overdone.

It also strikes me that the % miss for most (if not all) irons is much worse than for a driver with equivalent ratios such as 0.28 where you would be lucky to say inside the practice ground markers at Tour Pro if you were aiming down the middle with no wind i.e. you miss by the same distance depending on your ratio.  Is this a game flaw?

Any other pointers for increasing accuracy of the pesky medium irons at Tour Pro?

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#2 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:54 AM

That is the question...at the top of the RTS mouse swing?

But here is another one:  Does the pause time count in the overall swing time?  Does the time taken in any pause section count as back swing or through swing or just count for the total swing time?  Obviously if you take it to extreme then I get a huge loss of expected distance which leads me to think it counts for just the total time.

Still struggling with them medium irons from say 5-9 with as much (if not more) deviation than the driver!  Def the worst part of my game at Tour Pro.  Am using the shorter ball and I try not to overswing.

Just seems that a distinct and total cessation of mouse movement for the briefest of moments is possibly better with these medium irons but I could be chasing unicorns here.  Possibly the same thing happens with the woods so long as it is not overdone.

It also strikes me that the % miss for most (if not all) irons is much worse than for a driver with equivalent ratios such as 0.28 where you would be lucky to say inside the practice ground markers at Tour Pro if you were aiming down the middle with no wind i.e. you miss by the same distance depending on your ratio.  Is this a game flaw?

Any other pointers for increasing accuracy of the pesky medium irons at Tour Pro?

Since you brought up the RTS Mouse Swing, it is a total disaster for me in PG. It is not Real at all as far as I am concerned. Not very consistant on distance or direction. Somewhat herky-jerky is the way I would describe it. I use RTS in TW08 and in that game I use  the RTS Swing and nothing else.

#3 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:25 PM

Well, at Pro level i have very bad experiences with pauzes at the top. Stay away from that is my advice. I am having swing issues at present whereby I am having huge shanks a/o bad pulls if I stop a/o hesitate at the top. If only for a split second. I can only imagine how this would look at TP level... :unsure:  The PP-RTS is the best in the business but right now it's killing my rounds, sigh... <_< For the last couple of years I have had no real problems and had a pretty dependable left to right power cut shot, but these last few weeks i am having all sorts of issues. Unless the dev's have changed something  :lol: .. i shall have to keep searchin' to find my 'lost' swing ... :mellow: At present I am completely baffled about it and it's really punching a hole in my confidence. I am shaking on every tee LOL. Talk about realism!!  :rolleyes: 

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#4 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:40 PM

Well, at Pro level i have very bad experiences with pauzes at the top. Stay away from that is my advice. I am having swing issues at present whereby I am having huge shanks a/o bad pulls if I stop a/o hesitate at the top. If only for a split second. I can only imagine how this would look at TP level... :unsure:  The PP-RTS is the best in the business but right now it's killing my rounds, sigh... <_< For the last couple of years I have had no real problems and had a pretty dependable left to right power cut shot, but these last few weeks i am having all sorts of issues. Unless the dev's have changed something  :lol: .. i shall have to keep searchin' to find my 'lost' swing ... :mellow: At present I am completely baffled about it and it's really punching a hole in my confidence. I am shaking on every tee LOL. Talk about realism!!  :rolleyes:

IRL Charles, I play off a handicap of 7 (lowest ever being 3 for a couple of weeks  :lol: ).  Got to say that playing Tour Pro is probably harder than playing IRL for me ATM.  Granted you get the distance but the dispersion can be way off especially with the medium irons.... I keep trying but fortunately the short game penalties are not as severe and is the only thing keeping me going at Tour Pro.  :unsure:  

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#5 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:30 PM

Don't forget the 3 second rule.... I've recently gone back to rtm and enjoying the nuances and the game again. I've given up on the range. I like to go into practice mode and see how my tempo holds up while in  a round . It also allows me to see tempo in the short game . I've a saying that takes two seconds, and a saying for my downswing that is around 1/2 a sec. I do not pause. I try to keep hand moving back til I push forward. Some times the swing will though as I am bottomed out at about 99-101 %... There is not much room for error on TP but you can def play your tendencies better than 3 click. The hard thing about rtm is finding the dpi, mouse,and slider settings that give you the .25 ratio you are looking for.  for vertical swing the more distance you move your mouse the more time you have to adjust tempos and dialing in distances but then the 3 second rule comes into play ..

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#6 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:38 PM

A pause definitely counts toward your backswing time.  I have verified this on the range.  I do pause and one of the reasons is that it gives me a split second to gauge how fast my downswing should be.  The fact is that how fast you pull your club back is going to be different every swing so you have to try and match your downswing speed to that.  A second reason is that the pause allows me to move my focus from the screen to my mouse to help me return my mouse in the downswing to the spot where my backswing started.  I equate it what you try doing in a real golf swing.

I use a basic Microsoft optical corded mouse and when I get a new system I might try a gaming mouse.

The RTSM swing in JNPG is superior in every way compared to Tru-Swing for TW 08 and Custom Play Golf.  For Tru-Swing, all you do is push the mouse forward as fast as you can to get distance, no tempo whatsoever.

In regards to your shots being way off line with a ratio of .28 keep in mind that the swing path is also a significant factor in determining where your shot goes.  Sometimes you can get a high ratio but it can be offset to a degree by an in/out swing.  Conversely, a ratio below .25 can be offset by an out/in swing.

I play at Pro level which personally fits my current skill level.  It is still a challenge after two years but I can break par if I play well.  When you look at the control methods used by players at the PGLS tournaments there is only one player who uses RTSM at the Tour Pro level.  This compares to about 24 using 3C at Tour Pro. 

The RTSM swing mimics elements of a real golf swing so well that like the real game, every time you think you have it figured out, you are brought back to reality by a god awful round.  In my opinion, it is the one feature in JNPG that justifies their claim about JNPG being the next generation computer golf game.

• Sliceapottomus likes this

RTSM - Pro

#7 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:43 PM

I am also wondering if the real killer (to any kind of consistency) is pullback on mouse, then change direction (which may have a slight pause) but instead of actually changing to go forward there is a slight continuation on the pullback.  I don't know maybe I'm talking a load of garbage here but really bad swings (even on the range) don't feel all that much different to the really good ones.  I can maybe hit 3/4 quite close in ratio and shape but then the next one has a ratio quite different - sometimes very badly so in either direction. (< 0.20 or >0.30) so very difficult to hit the same shape shot (say 0.25-0.29)

Another thing, the backswing length on say a 7 iron is quite different to say a 3 wood so it takes marginally less time to reach the 100% full swing point.  Difficult to make these different clubs feel the same with the mouse.

Thanks for your thoughts all.

#8 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:48 PM

I'll toss in a couple of my observations on the swing.  A consistent backswing speed is critical and slower is better.  If you can get that solid it's easier to speed up/slow down the downswing slightly to help work the ball.  A smooth backswing/transition/downswing is best. - if my swing is jerky the results are usually poor.  I do pause for a split second at the transition point prior to the downswing but we're talking milliseconds.  You need to add a bit of downswing speed if you get into the power zone to keep tempo.  Tour Pro is definitely as hard or harder than real golf.

I play horizontal mouse swing and I find that when my mouse swing feels most like a solid, smooth golf swing I get the best results.  Like a junkie I keep chasing that dragon.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users