Photo

Should I texture the entire image to begin?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:17 PM

Hey guys...before I get too far along, just wondering if I should place a texture over the entire image first, or can I do one hole at a time? Here's a pic of what I'm doing. Is this right? Thanks

Image01.jpg?dl=1

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D (Windows 11)

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#2 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:58 PM

Image not loading for me.

Real or Fictional course?

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#3 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:00 PM

Image not loading for me.

Real or Fictional course?

Hmmmm...that's weird. It's showing for me. Anyway, it's a real course that Joe put together for me from an image and lidar. Here's another attempt to link the pic...https://www.dropbox....mage01.jpg?dl=0

BTW...just played The Ace Club. Amazing job...I really like the stone tee boxes, the waterfall, and bridges. 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#4 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:29 AM

Oh that's right, that is the Texas course I did for you.

Being your first course I would just do one hole at a time for now, even if you put a rough texture around the whole course and put down many buffer shapes to help I still believe your suppose to texture one hole at a time like we did before. If you put down one texture now I don't think you'll see where you need to put shapes down for tees and such. 

I would get the course to a point where you have all holes laid down first and then worry about the final steps. Make sure you put an OB around the course so you can play it.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#5 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:37 PM

I think Best practice is green outwards,

Green, bunkers, fairways, rough for each hole.  Otherwise you will have to hide splines to see what you are doing and compiling splines with splines hidden has corrupted splines for me before (not a corrupted spline like crossing fairway and rough, I am mean literally you have to delete it and start over there as there is a error you can't get past).

#6 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:03 AM

Oh that's right, that is the Texas course I did for you.

Being your first course I would just do one hole at a time for now,

I would get the course to a point where you have all holes laid down first and then worry about the final steps. Make sure you put an OB around the course so you can play it.

Yes sir, that's the one...okay, sounds like a plan. Again,  thanks again for the image and lidar. In the couple of holes I've done so far, the elevations look exactly like they are in real life...very cool! :D

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#7 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:50 AM

I think Best practice is green outwards,

Green, bunkers, fairways, rough for each hole.  Otherwise you will have to hide splines to see what you are doing and compiling splines with splines hidden has corrupted splines for me before (not a corrupted spline like crossing fairway and rough, I am mean literally you have to delete it and start over there as there is a error you can't get past).

Greens, bunkers, fairways then rough...got it. I love the course layout of The Los Angeles CC. I guess since it's a beta you want feedback. The only thing I noticed was the "shot point" on #17 fairway was missing. (at least I couldn't see it). I don't know if it's that big a deal or not, just saying. The clubhouse looks great!

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users