Photo

How to release only a part / few holes of a course?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:53 PM

I would make a mini preview release of my Manila Southwoods course with maybe just the parallel holes 1 and 9, mainly for showcasing the 3d grass. What's the best practice to do so? Is it somehow possible to "hide" the rest of the course or cut the surrounding terrain out?

Appreciate all input!

Thanks

#2 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:58 PM

I would make a mini preview release of my Manila Southwoods course with maybe just the parallel holes 1 and 9, mainly for showcasing the 3d grass. What's the best practice to do so? Is it somehow possible to "hide" the rest of the course or cut the surrounding terrain out?

Appreciate all input!

Thanks

You could just not have any pins are tees for those holes but if you wanted to hide the rest of your splines and objects so people can't see, I think you can uncheck the inspector check box and it should work with debug mode on to see everything.

Trees planted with tree tool will not work (its all on or all off).  Manually planted stuff can be unchecked after selected in hierarchy.  If you put them in the folder you can just untick the folder and it turns off everything inside.  Hope that helps.  

unknown.png?width=1277&height=676

#3 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:01 PM

Here is an example if you turn on debug mode under terrain then Course script gear, then debug on.  THen you can select your splines and pins/shot points, etc to turn off.

unknown.png?width=1029&height=676

#4 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:06 PM

If you want to "hide" holes, you can go into debug and select all the meshes you want to hide and "untick" the mesh renderer for those splines. If you have tees and pins for those holes, there could be an issue with it loading and freezing at 50 percent.

If you don't care that people can see the other work and just don't want someone to play it, only place the tees, shot points and pins for holes you want people to play.

Then, compile your course build.

Sorry, was typing while Stingreye was posting. Looks like we have the same suggestions.
  • Stingreye likes this

#5 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:33 PM

Thanks guys,
was using the debug mode already for duplicating splines and planting the 3d grass like described somewhere.
Was thinking there maybe something possible on the plot/terrain to really cut out parts. There is actually a really big part of the terrain with parts of the second Southwoods course (Legends course) which I don't need. So there is also no option to get rid of these unused areas to maybe free some ressources?

Back to topic, there is just not much going on on the other holes so far. Maybe I'll just leave them in then as they are atm or plant at least some 3d grass...

#6 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:50 PM

Don't I wish we could take it all into Blender and knife cut 

what we don't desire. There are many courses with 9  straight out

and 9 straight back in that don't need half the plot and heightmap.

Could you make that next on your magic list? 

Great Job Birdie, looking forward to playing whatever

you drop from above.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users