• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cta1usnret

Cta1usnret

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:54 PM

My PG course file has just the courses that caame with PG.  At one time, I had all the add on courses in the PG course file.  However, i think I did  something to dump all those add on courses.  I have lost the ability to unzip the add on courses to the PG course file through WINZIP.  Please tell/show me how to direct the zipped course file into the PG course file as an unzipped file.  Is there anyone out there that is willing to help me out????  freddy

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:40 PM

Here’s who you are looking for.
Drop him a message

http://www.perfectpa...656-lee-golfer/
  • Abe likes this

#3 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:28 AM

I use 7zip but it's pretty much does the same job as most of them including .rar files. I usually download the course and save it to my courses folder so I don't have to move it and then just right click on the file and select 7-zip and then just select the extract here tab and it extracts everything into its own folder. If you have your downloaded file in another folder then simply right click on it and select winzip ( i believe it would say that) and select extract files and then you would just point to the courses folder and click ok and it would do its job. OR you can just download your file and just double click on it and click extract and then point to the courses folder. I am not sure if you would have to click some box to say "with folder options" so it would extract into the course named folder. You could also download 7-zip and just follow my first instructions and look at this screenshot of what I mean.

EeuYmRC.jpg

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#4 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:38 AM

My PG course file has just the courses that caame with PG.  At one time, I had all the add on courses in the PG course file.  However, i think I did  something to dump all those add on courses.  I have lost the ability to unzip the add on courses to the PG course file through WINZIP.  Please tell/show me how to direct the zipped course file into the PG course file as an unzipped file.  Is there anyone out there that is willing to help me out????  freddy

Be sure you are extracting the entire Course Folder to whatever location you choose. I unzip mine to my desktop then drag the new course folder to a shortcut to the game's Courses Folder, also on my desktop.

• Cta1usnret likes this

#5 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:47 AM

Think the OP question is more what happened to the previous extracted courses. Can winzip remove, undo or archive previous extractions?

@Cta1usnret Do you know where your add on courses have gone? Are they missing from the course folder and hard drive? Or possibly you are logged into windows or steam under a different user name causing the courses to not show up in game.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#6 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:01 AM

Are they in your download folder? if yes.  Make a folder on the desktop named 'courses shortcut ' and transfer them.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#7 SebGOLO

SebGOLO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:31 AM

lol, `a winzip expert` is needed. Sry can`t help ya mate, am none myself  :lol:

Intel I7 6700K Skylake -- 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz --  Samsung SSD950 Pro * 2 --  Nvidia RTX2070 Founders Edition --  Oculus Rift with touch -- BeQuiet Pure Power 650W -- Bowers&Wilkins 607 Surround -- Pioneer Vsx930

#8 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:45 PM

winzip is now a part of windows 10.  You don't even have to unzip... once you download course file double click the zipped folder now you have access to files in the zipped folder you can then left click the course folder and drag anywhere . You can have a  spec folder on your desk top (which is really an extra step) or do what i did .  Go to your courses folder within steam and pin it to your quick access menu in your file explorer. Using this method when you  have downloaded the file all you do is double click to open zipfile then click and drag course folder over to the pinned courses folder in quick access... easy peazzy lemon squeazey.. Don't forget to delete old file if you are updating then reopen game and or steam....

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#9 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:46 PM

I do use 7 zip for files that wont unzip with win10

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#10 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:27 PM

That's a good tip adding the course folder to the quick launch to make it more accessible to drag and drop. I have Steams common folder there for quick access to my steam games. I have setup a hard link to my course folder next to my download folder for easy drag a drop.

• Abe likes this

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#11 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:13 PM

WinZip and WinRAR users got started long ago on either program when they were free for just unzipping.  To zip files usually means paying for the program, especially If a person needs to encrypt confidential documents or compress really big files.

However, Compressed Folders have been a part of Windows since XP and usually work just fine on most downloads that are compressed/zipped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users