Photo

Anyone Still Getting the Cheat Message with Mouse?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:10 PM

Been a long while since I got the 'courtesy' message after playing last round over at OGT.  Hardly stellar with a gross +10 round, 5/18 FW and 6/14 FW.

First 3 rounds played with Razer Diamondback (+ associated Razer Synapse software for all the good it does me).  No messages.  Spent yesterday goofing around with other methods including controller.  Eventually went back to what I thought was the same setup - with the Razer Diamondback.  Trouble was my erstwhile trusty mouse went rogue on me to the extent that in-game it refused to activate a downswing and obviously the game became unplayable.  Uninstalled the mouse, reinstalled it, even reinstalled PG but all to no avail as the same refusal to initiate a downswing happened.  The game was behaving the same way with this mouse.  Curiously any other game appeared to have 'normal' mouse behaviour.

Finally, after a couple of hours ( that I will never get back ), I removed all instances of mouse in the device manager then shut down.  Now I plugged in a ROG Gladius mouse and let Windows detect it (which it did).  The Asus software for this mouse was not installed so I am playing with it bareback only altering in-game sensitivities to try and get some sort of control on it.  This I did but now feel totally dejected as the API/game appears to be suggesting that I am a cheat/using a forgiving device after finishing my first full round with this mouse.  Consider I am now using a mouse with no additional software and I have the worst GIR and FW stats of anyone playing at Tour Pro.  That I can live with but not this clucking cheat/forgiving device message.

So my choices are as follows:

(1) Reinstall the Razer mouse and not be able to play the game.

(2) Keep playing with ROG Gladius playing the same kind of indifferent rubbish but getting a 'polite' notice every round.

(3) Get a new mouse.

(4) Quit playing the tour I do play and just play v friends or solo

Options ! and 3 ain't going to happen as there would be no guarantee the same same thing would not happen with something else.

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:21 PM

Don't forget option 5:

(5) Quit cheating

LOL - Just joking - sorry - was too easy not to..
  • Mailman likes this

#3 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:33 PM

Your  mouse setting must have changed some how. Either the snap assist box is checked in windows mouse settings, or the dpi is too low. the cheat message will show if you have too many on path swings. too Low of a dpi will result in the game thinking that you are using a straight edge. let me know if this continues I also have razor mouse and may be able to help with settings. I am currently also using a razor mouse at 1200 dpi...

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#4 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:47 PM

Your  mouse setting must have changed some how. Either the snap assist box is checked in windows mouse settings, or the dpi is too low. the cheat message will show if you have too many on path swings. too Low of a dpi will result in the game thinking that you are using a straight edge. let me know if this continues I also have razor mouse and may be able to help with settings. I am currently also using a razor mouse at 1200 dpi...

The Razer option looks dead and buried for the moment.  Can you be more specific re the snap assist?  I know there is a 'snap to angle' setting within Asus software but that is not running.  There are 4 snap settings within Windows (System -> Multi-tasking) unless there is somewhere else?  Turn them all off?

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#5 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

Don't forget option 5:

(5) Quit cheating

LOL - Just joking - sorry - was too easy not to..

I had a quiet chuckle (a very quiet one mind).  I wish I was able to be a position to use this option LOL.

• Buck likes this

#6 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:24 PM

I had a quiet chuckle (a very quiet one mind).  I wish I was able to be a position to use this option LOL.

Your OGT API data is still within the acceptable range.

#7 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:30 PM

there you go the man with the plan has spoken and your good. if the cheat message persists don't worry bout it. Z max will let you know...

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#8 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:32 PM

Your OGT API data is still within the acceptable range.

Pity my scoring ain't.    :lol:

Trouble is what is going to happen for any future rounds?  If I am being flagged by PG yet scoring as poorly as I do from tee to green, what is going on with those that are scoring considerably better tee to green?  And this brings me full circle back to the subject title of this thread.  Am I the only one out here getting these messages?  And am I to ignore any future messages like this on the grounds that my play at Tour Pro (tee to green) stinks :huh: ?  If I am within the acceptable range, how come the game is flagging me up?  The game is frustrating enough  at Tour Pro (RTS) in the 72 hole regular events without this going on.

#9 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:05 PM

These issues have been brought up before. Problem is the current anti cheat system is not perfect. You’re not alone in getting those messages. Just ignore them. We’ll let you know if it becomes a problem.

#10 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:36 AM

I use a Razer Taipan mouse. I swing with the X/Y set at 200/100. If I set it at 300/100 I get the message. So it seems that it's the ratio between X and Y that is the relevant information.  

#11 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:06 AM

And they banned controller...tut tut  ;)

• Wirenut48 likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#12 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:18 PM

These issues have been brought up before. Problem is the current anti cheat system is not perfect. You’re not alone in getting those messages. Just ignore them. We’ll let you know if it becomes a problem.

Thanks for those words of comfort (I think).  :huh:  I have PM'd you as well.

I use a Razer Taipan mouse. I swing with the X/Y set at 200/100. If I set it at 300/100 I get the message. So it seems that it's the ratio between X and Y that is the relevant information.  

Trouble is Ian, I got the message when I was using the mouse without setting any independent axes sensitivities as I had not installed any software.  ATM I have no way of altering these settings other than through the basic Windows mouse settings or the in-game sensitivities.  :lol:  

#13 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:03 PM

I can't remember when i saw that popping up but it's been almost like ever. What i do remember was my astonishment getting it in the first place. I was almost in shock. I went to the driving range to see what i was getting in the post shot info as to my swings. My mind was put at ease as i never got 100% straight/on plane shots (well .. maybe one in 50) and after dubble checking my swing path I saw I was getting around 70% in/out swings resulting in left to right shots. As far as i can tell it's humanly impossible to get 100% on plane swings with RTS. Anybody who has tried RTS knows what i'm talking about. This RTS is so refined, so technically superior to anything out there, it truly has all the characteristics of the real golfswing. Now I'm using an old Logitec cordless job which can not be tweaked or anything so that helps against any 'temptation' LOL :D Call me old fashioned. ^_^ 

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#14 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:34 PM

Well I have had a very interesting hour or two now and would like to share what I found.

I went onto the practice FW and started taking note of the exact numbers with the ROG Gladius mouse that I had installed bareback as it were sans software.  (This being the one I scored a hardly stellar 1-birdie 82 gross at Pebble in Rd 4).  On the range all shots were on-plane in the path and all shots were less than 5 in the offset.  Non-RTS's might think this would in itself lead to long straight shots.  Shots were longer for sure particularly when the ratio was 0.24-0.26 but I found that the ratios I were getting were pretty much how I normally do - e.g. 0.30, 0.34 ,0.32 ,0.31 ,0.20 ,0.24 ,0.27 (first numbers with Driver noted yesterday) basically they are all over the place left and right so no better than normal (for me) Offset and Path numbers did not translate in better scoring at all!  The only thing I can say for sure from what I found was that only a good strike was rewarded by being longer and (slightly) straighter but the difference was marginal.  

I did reinstall the ROG Armoury software and then realised from the interface that the mouse has flash memory. It uses default mouse settings which included the dreaded 'snap to angle' that can trigger the forgiving device/anti-cheat message unless you tell it otherwise.  So I turned it all the way down and now the mouse became the uncontrollable beast I remembered it to be.  I then uninstalled the software and tried once more to revert back to the Razer mouse - the one that had been playing up 2 days before.

I then reinstalled my Razer Diamondback and the Synapse software and now saw function return to it.  Settings from Friday were in the cloud and were restored.  The good news is that it should eliminate the forgiving/anti-cheat message but unfortunately it will make not iota to my ability (or lack of) to play at RTS Tour Pro.

Normal service of total rubbish now resumed it seems minus the messages  :lol:  

#15 Parkle

Parkle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationLondon, England.

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:51 PM

The only true cheat for a RTMS player would be something that ensures a 0.25 ratio !

It's possible to hit everything "on plane" and yet never make a FW or GIR if your ratio is off - as Andy has shown above.

Zmax says  the current anti cheat system is not perfect.  While it concentrates on "on plane" it never can be and I'm sure he's aware of that.

But as far  as I know there  IS  NO  exploit that can fix your ratio - unless you have a bionic arm !   

So while RTMS remains the most difficult shot, certainly at TP level because of the ratio requirement, one or two people seem to have mastered it to an incredibly high level !!  

#16 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:19 PM

If there is a cheat for RTSM there isn't anyone using it.  Looking at the PGLS tournaments there is one player that uses RTSM at Tour Pro level.  This compares to about 30 players of a total of 70 3C players at the Tour Pro level. 

There is absolutely no doubt that RTSM is the most difficult control method but in my opinion the most satisfying.  It is the only method that incorporates elements of a real golf swing.

I use a basic corded Microsoft mouse that I bought some 7 years ago for $15.  I find Pro difficulty a challenge and my range of scores depending on how I am playing can be a few strokes under or over par.  I've also had rounds of as high as +15.

There are a lot of moving parts to a RTSM swing and without a meter for immediate feedback you sometimes wonder what happened after a bad shot similar to real golf.  Besides the swing path and ratio I am convinced that if your mouse isn't returned to the spot where you started your backswing you can get the dreaded mishit where you can lose as much as 25% of the stated carry for a club.

RTSM - Pro

#17 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:22 PM

if you are getting shots on plane every time at the range then your settings for your mouse are too low or way to high. On plane should not be easy to achieve every shot...

Ncccrca.jpg

#18 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:01 AM

if you are getting shots on plane every time at the range then your settings for your mouse are too low or way to high. On plane should not be easy to achieve every shot...

Slice,  I don't know what you play with re in-game sensitivity slider.  It is somewhat curious that the lower the long game slider is the the lower the offset and path numbers are compared to say 4.0.  But then the swing becomes uncontrollable (ratio all over the place) but potentially you could be flagged...

#19 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:53 PM

For those who don't think the mouse cant be manipulated try this. Hook two or three mice up to your computer and then start a round and hit three shots in a row using a different mouse each time and then get back to me. Now think if each mouse had a different characteristic? Don't fool yourself they can all be manipulated.f

#20 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:47 AM

For those who don't think the mouse cant be manipulated try this. Hook two or three mice up to your computer and then start a round and hit three shots in a row using a different mouse each time and then get back to me. Now think if each mouse had a different characteristic? Don't fool yourself they can all be manipulated.f

Greens, you are quite correct in what is possible with multiple mice as I just confirmed.  And my mice are totally different - one a Razer the other a ROG Gladius.  From my experience with dpi settings/sliders you can set up say a mouse with a propensity to draw and another one to fade.  It  makes very difference to me because a draw mouse becomes a raging hook with ease (or worse still a double cross) and likewise with the fade setup becoming a slice.  In short neither mouse I have gives me the ability to consistently hit at or close to the 0.25 ratio with the kind of consistency needed at Tour Pro lovel .  Neither can I be relied upon to try and hit just below or just above the ratio such as a deliberate draw (say a ratio of 0.24-0.23) as the shot can just as easily be a 0.30 slice.  So yes anyone can do this but the effects would be marginal to non-existent in most cases.  What would be a true shocker is if anyone managed to map a controller to behave like a mouse using it for key shots (tight driving holes, par 3's over water etc) but still using the mouse for the majority of the time.  

If anyone is going to this extreme to play this game well ....

• SteadiEddie likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users