#41 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 13 July 2019 - 03:04 AM

right now we are on a computer not a silly console. i myself could give a rats butt about you console players like most here,who are here for the PC version. just wondering why you told that lie about no people on the PC

societies. i suspect you would rather see people playing this game to keep it alive because YOU like it better.

im outa here this game is never going nowhere i think that has been proved how long we been waiting for a update to fix problems

a few years, and all this begging they make people do to get any kind of info. some here need to remove the blinders and wake up.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#42 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 13 July 2019 - 11:01 AM

Well, I suppose the 143 players that completed (more played 1 round or more) an event in June at PGLS (majority being 3C) will just carry on as normal, good healthy competition and variety on offer for the so called dying JNPG.

Until the plug is pulled, PGLS will continue no doubt and will try to cater for all needs where possible.

• fungolfer, xooze, jspirate and 1 other like this

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#43 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:19 PM

right now we are on a computer not a silly console. i myself could give a rats butt about you console players like most here,who are here for the PC version. just wondering why you told that lie about no people on the PC
societies. i suspect you would rather see people playing this game to keep it alive because YOU like it better.
im outa here this game is never going nowhere i think that has been proved how long we been waiting for a update to fix problems
a few years, and all this begging they make people do to get any kind of info. some here need to remove the blinders and wake up.

It's not a lie Dave as there are very few PC societies worth a damn for the PC compared to the console. By the way do you have TGC2019 for the PC and if so don't tell me that you have found a huge amount of PC play. Also just because you see a bunch of societies most are dead and don't even have events up. The problem is a couple hundred people playing a game is not a lot of people compared to thousands on console. Look I prefer the PC but the future is a controller and not clicking a mouse. Also if you have TGC2019 I take it you swing the controller.

#44 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:26 PM

Well, I suppose the 143 players that completed (more played 1 round or more) an event in June at PGLS (majority being 3C) will just carry on as normal, good healthy competition and variety on offer for the so called dying JNPG.

Until the plug is pulled, PGLS will continue no doubt and will try to cater for all needs where possible.

And I am one of those 143 Andy and will continue to be one of those playing but you just proved my point. Take 143 times 20 bucks and you got 2860 dollars and you can plainly see why this is the last JNPG for PC. Nobody can make a living on that and hell I made more than that last week in the stock market. There is just no way it's profitable and even if they sold a thousand copies that's only 20 grand. I just wish we had hard copies to keep the game going as it still is the best out there and the most fun to play but you have to wonder how long that server will run.
  • RobV likes this

#45 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:58 PM

their lack of money is there own fault, there are tons of ways they could have made money with this game yet

they did not, they are not a gaming company, nor marketing people that is real easy to see.

blinders as i said many here need to remove them.

• Ted_Ball likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#46 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:37 PM

their lack of money is there own fault, there are tons of ways they could have made money with this game yet

they did not, they are not a gaming company, nor marketing people that is real easy to see.

blinders as i said many here need to remove them.

In reality Dave they did make money just not on what we thought they would.  The Trackman gig is huge as the simulator market is growing by the minute and down the line they will have that market cornered imho and we helped with that by getting the game out there and by adding all these user made courses that they have.  I know three people who now have these simulators in their homes and eventually will go visit them and give it a whorl. I retired in November of last year and had always followed the rule of business with my team and said if it makes us money we go after it even if we dont like it and if it doesn't make us money we walk away from it even if we like it.  Its business 101 and they are now there and sorry but a few hundred people playing a game is not profitable and never will be.  Like I stated above I love and play this game and will to the end but at some point it will end and I have to have another place and way to play video golf as I love playing video golf and that probably will be elsewhere.

#47 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:54 PM

What does 143x20 have to do with anything? They certainly sold 10s of thousands of copies since release years ago and still continue to sell as we speak. Andrew has already posted that there are no plans to shut off the server. Their jnpg revenue stream is now with Simulator users who are paying $250 a year. That’s $150,000 a year that OGT knows of. The number is probably closer to $300,000 a year. This is all just side money for Trackman. So, that’s why the jnpg server will stay up. Andrew also said there would only be minor updates to jnpg and that’s what happened in the first week of June.

PG2 is being worked on for Trackmans next version of Virtual Golf. I hope Mike is true to his word about the low hanging fruit.

#48 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:46 PM

What does 143x20 have to do with anything? They certainly sold 10s of thousands of copies since release years ago and still continue to sell as we speak. Andrew has already posted that there are no plans to shut off the server. Their jnpg revenue stream is now with Simulator users who are paying $250 a year. That’s $150,000 a year that OGT knows of. The number is probably closer to $300,000 a year. This is all just side money for Trackman. So, that’s why the jnpg server will stay up. Andrew also said there would only be minor updates to jnpg and that’s what happened in the first week of June.

PG2 is being worked on for Trackmans next version of Virtual Golf. I hope Mike is true to his word about the low hanging fruit.

Again Zmax thanks for backing up what I said inadvertently as yes the money is on the simulator side not the PC side.  Again tell me why develop for the PC user when there is no money on the PC side of the game and its all on the Simulator.  You might say its because of all the great designers here but then again Mike is one of the best in the world at that as his courses are legendary and hey you could hire a few others.  Yes the server will stay up but not forever as nothing is forever.  You say 10's of thousands of the game has been sold and I call BS as there is no way as we would se more players on the PC side of the game.  Your stake in this is the Simulator side and we all know that as that is where the money will be made and you cant deny that.  This games future is now in the hands of Trackman and why would they put money into a side of the game that is not making money.  I am just saying what most feel and again I love the game and am thankful for what we have and places like OGT and PGLS to play events but sorry this is as good as this game will get and the last one we will see and if I am wrong I ask a Dev to chime in and tell us otherwise but I am not holding my breath.

#49 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:57 PM

Green, you are wrong in your understanding of how this all works. I’d be happy to explain it to you via discord chat if you like. As for the 10s thousands of copies sold, that was posted by mike a while ago. I’m sure they know how many copies were sold.

#50 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:17 PM

Z my hope is that the current game we have will be here ten years from now and if there is not one update I will still be happy with how it plays but I just don't believe we ever see another version. I just played my 2nd round at PGLS and shot 77 at PRO RTSM and was completely satisfied and that is the Mark of a great game but again we are a small group playing on the PC side. If they said they sold 10's of thousands of copies I can't argue with that but where are all the players. Most video golf players especially on the PC side are an aging group and I prefer PC for that reason as the console side is a different crowd and not as engaged forum wise as we are here. I am passionate talking about this game as it's without doubt the best golf game ever made imo and know it could have been so much more.

#51 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 11:10 PM

10s of thousands.. hahahah  ok!  

#52 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 July 2019 - 12:52 AM

10s of thousands.. hahahah  ok!  

For whatever it's worth, both JNPG and TGC 2019 show 20,000 - 50,000 owners on Steamspy.  As for recent, current user numbers; TGC 2019 showed a peak of 335 concurrent users yesterday, while JNPG showed 88.  I don't know how typical this is, but that's yesterday's sample.

I was the president of a Society for the PC version, after the release of TGC 2, called DSP - Digital Sportspage (most of the members knew each other from the days when the webzine, Digital Sportspage, was in publication with its own forum).  It peaked at 16 members, but the participation died off to 3 or 4 a week after about four months.  This user base has been slowly converting to the current gen consoles since their advent, so most of those guys went to the XBox One, especially after the XBox One X was released and was outperforming a lot of their gaming PCs.  They're all playing in the XBox One version of Digital Sportspage Society now.

I do know that there are at least a half dozen fairly active, independent PC Societies now, and of course you have the massive TGC Tours organization that integrates all three platforms on on leaderboard for the various levels of Societies they host.  There are probably close to 10,000 members in TGC Tours, across all three platforms.  I play in the Challenge Circuit, which is the third tier in their hierarchy, and I'm in the bottom class, "D" of that class.  It's pretty intense, but I have to confess that my skills at the game are declining as I go further into my Autumn years, but I enjoy posting a 66 now, whereas a year ago I would have been disappointing in it.

JNPG still gets an amazing amount of support from the designers in this community, which I think helps it keep a pulse.  I might play it a couple of rounds a month when I hear of a new course, or here lately, want to check out what's being done with 3D grass.  I don't know how much longer it can go before it's not worth PP's time and money to keep in service.  It's already gone further than I thought it would, but that's a testament to the gifted designers who still have a passion for it.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#53 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:03 AM

JNPG still gets an amazing amount of support from the designers in this community, which I think helps it keep a pulse.  I might play it a couple of rounds a month when I hear of a new course, or here lately, want to check out what's being done with 3D grass.  I don't know how much longer it can go before it's not worth PP's time and money to keep in service.  It's already gone further than I thought it would, but that's a testament to the gifted designers who still have a passion for it.

Yup... this about sums it up! 

#54 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:30 AM

For all the simulator users, all designers (pc and sim) , and mouse/controller players, I’ve been told there are no plans to shut down jnpg server.

#55 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:35 AM

Does PGLS have a Discord channel? I only ask because you don't really realize how much is happening if you only hang out on the PP forums.

I only started hanging out in the OGT Discord a few months ago. What I realized was there's a whole community there that is easily connected and constantly setting up games daily beyond the regular OGT monthly events.

Discord essentially allows you to connect with any member publicly or privately. People send out requests to join scramble games, ladder matches, tournament events, etc...almost every hour.

The Aussies are drunk at this hour talking crap and playing games, the Euros have been up for a few hours and joining in, and the early birds in the US start in the mix.

The point is, there is more action than this PP board reveals. And, if PGLS does not have Discord or similar, I think it would be a great idea.

A guy like Dave would be able to find regulars to join up with daily. Then, you realize who the regulars are and it's easy to find enjoyment in the community.

You will also stop coming back here unless it's to comment on a course or request a download. And, you then realize why this board is dead but not the game.
  • zmax - sim likes this

#56 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:42 AM

A lot of other discussions occur there just as in any forum (it has multiple channels/threads). The advantage of Discord is the conversations occur like you're connected to someone via cellphone. I can't exactly explain why but it's much more convenient than messaging on a board or PMing through a board.

I think it's the ability to carry on a tangent to any conversation and not feel like you're filling up the boards. You can connect to the personalities and there's not an edge to it like there can be here simply because of the format.

#57 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 12:03 PM

A quick example... An Aussie and a Swede conversing this morning in an OGT public channel. You can't replicate this in a forum. And, you can be playing the game while keeping conversations going.

It's really amazing to me to see how this game brings people together. You can also see why no one over there is complaining about the $20 every 6 months for OGT membership.

tA1ANpv.jpg
  • zmax - sim likes this

#58 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:16 AM

Discord is a chat channel like skype and yes PGLS does have it. It's more friendly than Team speak  i find  it so.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#59 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:40 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to Andrew and Mike for their input!
  • Ted_Ball likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#60 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:45 PM

They are busy at the open at Portrush Ian im sure they will chime in on Sunday or Monday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users