66 replies to this topic

#21 WeedWhacker141

WeedWhacker141

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:05 PM

I would be willing to pay $100.00 plus a reasonable amount for courses and updates.  Being unable to "real" golf due to back injuries, PG is the closest I can come to playing.

#22 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 07 August 2019 - 10:49 PM

If it ain't significantly better it's not worth more than $39.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They need to learn how to market, they seemed like they were on the right track until they sold the game. You don't need subscriptions unless you have a simulator because then the game comes free with the subscription. Learn how to market the game and you can have bigger cashflow. They already have over 10 courses for trackman that we don't have, 4 course pack for $19.99 DUH, that's an extra $60 flippin dollars made easy besides the cost of the game. There's your damn $100 you all are so willing to spend for a game. 

I am NOT going to pay a monthly sub or yearly sub as that's just dumb, have someone make tons of 3d objects for the designer and sell that for $9.99, sell the designer for $5.99 or just give it away for free again since you are making a killing on all this other crap.

You boys will do anything for PP because you need another game from them, there silence has pushed me away and they are not the type of developers I want to buy things from. I will continue to play this game but I'm not so sure I would buy another from them, I am just not a fan of there type anymore. Piss me off enough then __ you, just like they do to us.

• IanK likes this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#23 granite00

granite00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:34 PM

Do we even own the current version?  It doesn't feel that way to me since user designed courses cannot be played without PG servers.  If another version is coming, I'd like to see a stand-alone game that is truly mine once I pay for it.

• Joe Habiger, DPRoberts and hiltonwelford like this

#24 stancomputergolfer

stancomputergolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Location1 mile south of the Cheddar Curtain

Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:22 AM

I would pay for an IMPROVED game. #1 on the list is female avatars. Its 2019 and its just a shame the way the devs disrespected the fairer sex. #2 would be a swing meter that stays on the screen until I click post shot. I want to LEARN from my mistakes to get better. Not being able to analyze a miss bugs the crap out of me. #3 would be an avatar of  any sex that doesn't look like a cripple. Total immersion breaker for me. #4 would be the option to pick my own damn club distances and to set them where I want. The idea of giving me an 8 iron defaulted to 159 yards when staring in to  an 11mph wind with an elevation of 36 feet and 169 yards to the flag stick is just crazy.

Intel Quad Core i7-9700

32GB DDR5 RAM

Win 10 Home 64

Nvidia RTX GeForce 2060 6GB

32" Vizio 1080p display

Gigabyte Z390 UD

Samsung 500GB 970 EVO SSD

Seagate 1TB HDD

Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum gaming headset

Logitech G700S gaming mouse

#25 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:08 AM

I also think that Course Designers are entitled to be rewarded for their efforts.  Just spitballin', perhaps a newly designed course might be available for a one week trial basis.  Thereafter, the course must be permanently downloaded at, say $2. 

i would have no problem with this one here also, i believe these guys time 

is worth some moneys

• stancomputergolfer likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#26 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 08 August 2019 - 04:27 AM

Let's be realistic.

I would pay $500k per year for PG2.

I don't have that money. It doesn't exist.

That's appropriate come to think of it.

Your money's safe kitty kats.

#27 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:27 PM

I know it's hard to be passionate without news but unfortunately this is the situation we find ourselves in. Just a reality check though for those who were not around prior to PG1. I heard many people say back then that it would never happen and that it was just vaporware..........................................and then it was released.

• Arsam, fungolfer, cajuncapgun and 14 others like this

#28 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:32 PM

I know it's hard to be passionate without news but unfortunately this is the situation we find ourselves in. Just a reality check though for those who were not around prior to PG1. I heard many people say back then that it would never happen and that it was just vaporware..........................................and then it was released.

Thank you for chiming in.
Just that update right there is honestly one of the more hopeful signs for PG2 that I can recall.

#29 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:33 PM

i still got faith this will come, just a mater of time.

thanks for the post Mike

• maxie likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#30 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:34 PM

it was just vaporware..........................................and then it was released.

Hopefully that's enough dots........

I don't know if we can handle too many more dots there......

#31 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:35 PM

Good news indeed , i think some of the forum regulars just want to chat Mike as most of them dont even play PG1, NEXT THEY WILL BE ASKING WHERE IS pg 3

#32 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:37 PM

Good news indeed , i think some of the forum regulars just want to chat Mike as most of them dont even play PG1, NEXT THEY WILL BE ASKING WHERE IS pg 3

Perhaps anyone who doesn't play PG1 anymore does so because it's lacking features they are hoping for in PG2?

I don't know - just guessing.  

I still play PG1, as most here seem to (I think?  yeah?)

#33 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:50 PM

Perhaps anyone who doesn't play PG1 anymore does so because it's lacking features they are hoping for in PG2?

I don't know - just guessing.  

I still play PG1, as most here seem to (I think?  yeah?)

Buck your never in the lobby i have played many regulars on PG 1 i have never seen you in the lobby maybe we will get a game some day

#34 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:53 PM

Buck your never in the lobby i have played many regulars on PG 1 i have never seen you in the lobby maybe we will get a game some day

I really only play with my uncle a few times a week based upon his schedule.

Love to get a game in with you sometime though!

#35 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:57 PM

I really only play with my uncle a few times a week based upon his schedule.

Love to get a game in with you sometime though!

Sure thing Buck should be fun

#36 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:40 AM

They got the forum fixed when some were thinking it was the end of PG.  And now Mike just posted with a little hint via ......

Can we assume they haven't abondoned us?   Or wait till next week?   :)

• scoops100 likes this

#37 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:40 AM

Reads like someone has been at the pub, with a pocket full of money, slamming down a few and decided to post!   good on ya Mike!  

#38 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:06 AM

Mic drop........

#39 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:17 AM

Mic drop........

No no no…

Actually releasing a new version of Perfect Golf would be the mic drop

#40 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 06:32 AM

As a mainly sim player using a GC2 launch monitor I’m resigned to never using PG2. It would be a surprise if Trackman allowed a rival launch monitor to use their software. That said, I would happily pay £10/month to keep PG1 alive. The Foresight (GC2) version of PG is terrible in comparison and it’s £2000 to buy.
I’d buy PG2 anyway and use it on the PC just so I could look at it and as Jim Bowen used to say “let’s look at what you could have won”.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users