Photo

Two Flags showing on same hole that is used twice in round from different tees?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wingding65

Wingding65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 02:23 PM

Hi everyone.

I'm very new to this forum and have only chatted with jt83 thus far about course creation.

He has been quite helpful but currently I am creating my old hometown 13 hole course which has 5 holes that are played twice to create an 18 hole round.

4 of those doubled up holes use the same green so I'm noticing that I have 2 separate pins on those 4 greens and was wondering if there is something that can be done to hide the inactive one when not required?

I actually thought that it would only show the current holes pin and then the 2nd pin second time round, but apparently it does not.

So has anyone out there experienced this in regards to holes used twice in the same round? Currently I'm thinking I will just have to put up with two pins showing but am hoping there is a setting or something that I have not enabled?

#2 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 03:03 PM

All pins will show on every hole, just as in real life.

I can't think of any good/easy solutions to your issue.

#3 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:10 PM

The only possible solution I can imagine, you likely won’t like it if you are nearly done. That would be to get someone who understands how to combine the Lidar into a larger terrain where it duplicates both 9s so it looks like a normal 18 hole course that you then have to do EVERYTHING twice. The good news is if you know the exact x,y coordinates, you MIGHT be able to move some by duplicate an schanging the x,y,z position in the inspector. I have moved splines in debug mode that way before but it’s been a while, not exactly sure how it would work.

#4 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:27 AM

What happens if you sink a putt in the wrong hole?  Does the game allow that?

#5 Wingding65

Wingding65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:13 AM

Okay I tried playing the par 4 1st hole, which is also the 10th hole just from a different tee location.

So, the view always aimed at the 1st hole pin but I deliberately went for the 10th hole pin as jt83 suggested.

On putting in the 10th hole the ball was ejected and placed back in the position where it first came to rest on the green, no matter whether I two or three putted to get it in that wrong hole.

Doing that also added all the extra shots to my score.

The other thing I noticed was that the flags stayed visible when on the greens, although you could click them off via the side menu.

Any other thoughts guys as this is very sad.

#6 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:13 AM

CourseForge isn't perfect mate ;)  We can't make the second hole on a double green disappear, and a double green is basically what you have at Walgett so arguably it's more realistic to have the second pin stay visible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users