#1 KChavis

KChavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:23 PM

I posted a new video for those of you who like watching these......I watch periodically on twitch, youtube, etc....I enjoy them....
This one is: Rory McIIroy PGA Tour - Match Play - Martin Kaymer vs Henrik Stenson - @ Lighthouse Pointe - Back 9

My channel has golf videos from all of the golf games we love.....
https://www.youtube....VD6pa_lAbZbkm_g

Thanks

#2 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:03 PM

I still am impressed at how great this game looks especially the lighting on the characters. I don't have a console anymore and the last EA game I played was Tiger Woods Online.

The Golf Club 2019 is pretty damn good but it could be so much better.

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf could have been very good as well if they actually gave a **** about the game and not cut short of completing it and sold us out.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#3 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 23 December 2019 - 02:52 AM

"sold us out"

Starting to look that way!

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#4 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 23 December 2019 - 03:07 AM

One thing EA has always done well is lighting. I've always been amazed at how well done it is on the Madden series.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#5 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 December 2019 - 03:45 AM

I posted a new video for those of you who like watching these......I watch periodically on twitch, youtube, etc....I enjoy them.

Nice job on the video KC.  It looks like you're mastering the GeForce Experience Screen Capture feature.

If only this game had a 3click meter.   :(  If it had, I would have downloaded it long ago.

#6 KChavis

KChavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 12:30 AM

Lee, Rory does have 3 click.....

#7 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 12:38 AM

Rory does have 3 click.....

A very nice one in fact

#8 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 December 2019 - 07:07 PM

Lee, Rory does have 3 click.....

For PC? I'm not a console gamer.

#9 KChavis

KChavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 08:01 PM

Right...I forgot....it is only on console...

• Abe likes this

#10 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 11:05 PM

Well. It was a peaceful month off anyhow...

• Tigers Agent likes this

#11 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 26 December 2019 - 05:51 PM

I played RM tour for 2 weeks on my xbox recently.  After this time i was carding - 18 to - 21 every round on the hardest settings.   Game is just way too easy, shame as its decent enough.

• Buck likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#12 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:27 PM

I played RM tour for 2 weeks on my xbox recently.  After this time i was carding - 18 to - 21 every round on the hardest settings.   Game is just way too easy, shame as its decent enough.

That was my conclusion way back when also.

Sadly, it got killed before they could really get into tweaking and patching, etc, to hopefully address some of that.

#13 KChavis

KChavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:17 AM

I play with no green grid....makes it a lot more difficult.....

• Abe likes this

#14 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 12:39 PM

I may have to get back into Rory...  it was definitely fun and visuals were really nice.   Besides, I am pretty much done with PG... haven't played a round in quite some time as I am bored with the same look, feel and game play of the game...   I have always given the course designers praise for keeping the game alive and doing what they love to do, but I have not downloaded a new course in a while now.   Just have no desire..   I think my days for PG are numbered.. like SOON.  no pun intended.    

• Ted_Ball likes this

#15 KChavis

KChavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:26 AM

RobV, you should try a new swing for PG......I switched to the Motion swing (Pro Level).....it makes you focus on tempo....not that easy to hit a straight shot....keeps me interested.....

#16 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 12:06 PM

RobV, you should try a new swing for PG......I switched to the Motion swing (Pro Level).....it makes you focus on tempo....not that easy to hit a straight shot....keeps me interested.....

Hey K...  yes, I have tried all swing methods in PG, but it is really not about that...  seeing the same avatar, same look, feel, sights and sounds of the game, zero updates in years, it really has no "life", if you know what I mean.   If I remember correctly and this was a while ago, someone on the forums wrote that the game was boring to them and even Mike J agreed to that.   It took me a while to believe it, but at this time, I agree.  

#17 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:08 AM

yet Rob V you still keep looking at the forum ? PG designed the best golf sim ever as mechanics are involved being more intrested in designing your new trousers and jacket or looks, Maybe you should try playing THE SIMS

#18 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:12 AM

Apart from the extreme spin with the short irons/wedges this is the most realisic golf sim ever , most other shots play as golf is

#19 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:27 AM

Apart from the extreme spin with the short irons/wedges this is the most realisic golf sim ever , most other shots play as golf is

I don’t agree with your comment about the amount of spin on wedges. Pros in real life suffer the same dilemma and will often hit a straighter club to minimise spin on certain occasions.
I believe in PG the available spin on wedges allows you to tailor your shot for the given circumstance. For instance, if you hit a full or more than 100% wedge to a green that slopes towards you, it can, in PG and in real life, give you an unwanted amount of backspin.

The solution on these occasions is to hit a softer, less than 100% shot with a straighter faced club. This to me is one of PG’s plus points and makes you think about what type of shot is required for every given occasion.
Unfortunately, PP did away with the ability to play those low pitch, pitch, grab shots which we all love when we see the pros play them in real life. 

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#20 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:54 AM

PG is most def the best golf game to date, but Robv is correct about the "life" in the game, or lack of.  This is why i'm no longer playing also.  The game needed a career mode with crowds, a selection of avatars and a roster that you could edit, tweak and place into custom tournaments.  No need for a license, just let us edit everything from tour events to player abilities and names.  The game already has a AI creator so why not expand on that.  If Andrew has any spare time at all why not work on the above then release as DLC, i would def pay for it and i'm sure everyone else would too.

• Buck and RobV like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users