9 replies to this topic

#1 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:19 PM

Say I have a plane animated fine and I want to change the flight path. Up to now I would have deleted the plane and the associated anim and controller files and started over from scratch. Is there a way to edit the existing anim and controller files instead of having to start over.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#2 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 December 2019 - 10:05 PM

You can resume editing the animation. Click on the

animation in hierarchy to highlight, then click Window at top and Animation

to bring up the keyframes. 

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#3 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 12:56 AM

It's a shame no-one's done an animation tutorial.  Maybe it's one of those things that fall under the 'It's Unity, you'll figure it out' banner?

#4 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 December 2019 - 09:56 AM

Youtube: Animating in Unity

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#5 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:58 AM

This is a good one to start with:

https://youtu.be/KWC6Pw63BAY

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#6 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:22 AM

We have had animated trains, boats, animals, cars and even a half naked woman leading a horse.  Has anyone figured out how to add animated golfers on adjacent holes?  I suggested this to PP at least two years ago since it would add to the immersion.  After all has anyone ever played a round of golf when they were the only one on the course?

RTSM - Pro

#7 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:54 AM

It's possible to have players on adjacent holes. Trouble

is that when you get to that hole they are still there

and won't let you play through. Sites such as Turbosquid

have some game ready anis but they are a bit expensive; like

this one for $90...

https://vimeo.com/382007181

#8 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:27 PM

It's possible to have players on adjacent holes. Trouble

is that when you get to that hole they are still there

and won't let you play through. Sites such as Turbosquid

have some game ready anis but they are a bit expensive; like

this one for $90...

https://vimeo.com/382007181

Thanks, so it comes down to PP programming in animated golfers that disappear when you start play on that hole.  When you look at Hacker Harry in a reverse camera replay when he is hitting from some distance away, that would in my opinion be appropriate.  To date there hasn't been one computer golf game to have this feature.

RTSM - Pro

#9 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 08:09 PM

I saw this but found it difficult to follow as it was ouside of CF. There is a jimbobh video somewhere that takes place inside of CF which was much easier to follow. After watching it several times even i was able to animate planes and boats but only in a straight line. What I'd like to be able to do now is get the plane/boat to turn SMOOTHLY within the animation and to have planes change altitude.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#10 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:13 AM

Youtube: Animating in Unity

I'll check them out.  I'm interested to see how the animation is triggered, like how it will only start when a player gets to hole 8 for instance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users