• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 K1dX

K1dX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:04 PM

I don't know where this goes but I am, Looking for PGA Canadian Tour courses and a few others I have been around. Here are the links to the courses if anyone has them or can create theme please let me know or can they be made as DLC?

https://rbcpgascramble.com/

https://www.porthopegolf.ca/

https://www.ambassadorgolfclub.com

#2 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:00 AM

Royal Montreal is available at PGLS.  There were a couple of other Canadian courses in development by the community but AFAIK they're stalled.

#3 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:55 AM

By PGA Canadian Tour I assume you are talking about the MacKenzie Tour.  I live in Calgary and one of the Mac tournaments has been played at Country Hills the last three years.  I worked part time as a starter at Country Hills for some years after retiring. 

There are very few Canadian courses that have lidar.  In regards to current Canadian courses available besides Royal Montreal, there is Kingswood which is in New Brunswick.

PP has not issued any DLC courses in almost two years and given that it doesn't look like JNPG2 will ever see the light of day it is very very unlikely you will see anymore DLC courses.  Even if they did it would be high profile courses and not the ones you mentioned.

RTSM - Pro

#4 K1dX

K1dX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 03:51 PM

By PGA Canadian Tour I assume you are talking about the MacKenzie Tour.  I live in Calgary and one of the Mac tournaments has been played at Country Hills the last three years.  I worked part time as a starter at Country Hills for some years after retiring. 

There are very few Canadian courses that have lidar.  In regards to current Canadian courses available besides Royal Montreal, there is Kingswood which is in New Brunswick.

PP has not issued any DLC courses in almost two years and given that it doesn't look like JNPG2 will ever see the light of day it is very very unlikely you will see anymore DLC courses.  Even if they did it would be high profile courses and not the ones you mentioned.

Well still would be nice to see some more Canadian courses.

#5 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:41 AM

I would have made Canadian courses, but there wasn't lidar data for them.

Lidar means laser scanned elevation data. You can't do proper recreations without it.

And yes, it still would be nice to have more Canadian courses. We can all agree with that, but it doesn't resolve the problem.

#6 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:21 PM

Another very nice Canadian course that you should check out is Bear Mountain.  It is on Vancouver Island.

RTSM - Pro

#7 K1dX

K1dX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:02 PM

I wanna create courses, But I am no good at replicating them how are they done in unity?, Like there must be a way to get like a 3d map where we can lay down the detail and stuff all in unity.

#8 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:18 PM

I wanna create courses, But I am no good at replicating them how are they done in unity?, Like there must be a way to get like a 3d map where we can lay down the detail and stuff all in unity.

That's what DropZone is saying. No Lidar for Canadian courses. Terrain data comes in many forms. Most accurate for our needs is Lidar point clouds that get converted to a heightmap. Usually resolution is best at 0.5m or less for the Lidar point spacing.

This can then be aligned with a satellite overlay to create the course in Unity with Course Forge creating the meshes, holes and hazards for the JNPG.

It all sounds like it'll take a day or two. Then, you fall down the rabbit hole only to emerge with a course several months later if you actually make it that far.

It's actually a fun hobby and can be as time consuming as you desire.

#9 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:25 PM

It all sounds like it'll take a day or two. Then, you fall down the rabbit hole only to emerge with a course several months later if you actually make it that far.

It's actually a fun hobby and can be as VERY time consuming as you desire.

Highlighted for truth and deleted to emphasize.  Sorry DPR I mean no disrespect!

• DPRoberts likes this

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users