#2 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:08 PM

I think it's a Trackman 4, Virtual Golf 2 exclusive.

• RobC and maxie like this

#3 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:30 PM

Cheers jmk

#4 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:45 PM

How can it be in the lobby if it is not a JNPG design? I hope a good designer is playtesting it, would love to play it too.

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#5 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:48 AM

How can it be in the lobby if it is not a JNPG design? I hope a good designer is playtesting it, would love to play it too.

Good question - maybe ask Mike Jones.

#6 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 20 January 2020 - 09:22 PM

I would say Royal Portrush was a simulator only release.

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#7 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 20 January 2020 - 11:01 PM

this leaves me to speculate about VG2, was the only thing they did was to upgrade course forge to a newer version of unity,which would explain the better lighting engine,and the graphics looking pretty much the same.hmmm! inquiring minds want to know!can you answer that question mike?

a few lines of code could be changed in pg1 to except a new update in unity for CF.intresting.

• Charles likes this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#8 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 21 January 2020 - 12:03 AM

You do know if some designer is testing his course it will show in the lobby right?

I think you all are just trying to speculate that this is a VG2 design but to my knowledge VG2 is a non multiplayer software unless it's local. I highly doubt VG2 is coming for the PC as someone would have said so already. This leads to only one other thing, someone else is or has designed it and he/she is testing it. 

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#9 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:38 AM

This is the ultimate game of:  “So you’re sayin’ there’s a chance....”

Narrator:  “there was not a chance...”

#10 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:08 AM

You do know if some designer is testing his course it will show in the lobby right?

I think you all are just trying to speculate that this is a VG2 design but to my knowledge VG2 is a non multiplayer software unless it's local. I highly doubt VG2 is coming for the PC as someone would have said so already. This leads to only one other thing, someone else is or has designed it and he/she is testing it. 

While it’s true that a community member could be playing their version, it is listed as a course on the TM site.  

I’ve seen it in the lobby as well as several people playing Shelter Harbor (another VG2 course)

Simplest explanation is the sim guys are playing them on VG2.  

It’s interesting that they would show up in the PG1 lobby.  Maybe after the sim passes stop in August they won’t show up anymore?

#11 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 21 January 2020 - 04:28 PM

my point wasent is vg2 coming,it was, is vg2 really just pg1 in disguise.

• Buck and Charles like this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#12 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:47 PM

While it’s true that a community member could be playing their version, it is listed as a course on the TM site.  

I’ve seen it in the lobby as well as several people playing Shelter Harbor (another VG2 course)

Simplest explanation is the sim guys are playing them on VG2.  

It’s interesting that they would show up in the PG1 lobby.  Maybe after the sim passes stop in August they won’t show up anymore?

But I was under the impression that VG2 was not multiplayer ready and only could be played locally or you would have seen multiplayer matches on youtube. The VG2 site mentions nothing about multiplayer so it could possible be people who have access to the PG1 version of the course? The courses still have to be built in course forge so there are or is a version of every course that VG2 has available but we just cannot play them because they won't offer them to us. 

I still VERY HIGHLY doubt that these courses you are seeing are from VG2 because that would mean there is a PC version out there and that is highly "HIGHLY" unlikely.

Skunky, VG2 is most likely using PG1 code but it was all ported over to a newer version of unity that took advantage of better stuff. I would imagine though new code was added or updated for other stuff.

What kills me is there slogan, it's a EA rip off pretty much. "It's not like the game, It is the game" instead of EA Sports, if it's in the game, it's in the game. Both are pretty pathetic.....

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#13 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:10 AM

Joe,

I don’t know for sure but I would guess more than one sim player happens to be playing those VG2 courses at the same time in different places.
I don’t think there needs to be a released PC version.

Shelter Harbor has been showing up in the lobby for well over a month with several different players. Usually the PG1 community designers release their courses eventually but I guess it’s possible someone has it and is keeping it under wraps.

I still think it’s just the VG2 players showing up in the lobby.

Or maybe the secret course designer will reveal themselves eventually haha

#14 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:16 AM

It does make one wonder if a VG2 course file can just be dropped in and played in PG1. Maybe they are made in a way that makes them VG1 and VG2 compliant?

or maybe VG2 really does have a PC version that Mike and others use for testing and development of what TM users ultimately interact with?

#15 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:12 AM

Yeah you know after thinking for a sec these trackman units are hooked up via a PC computer. I don't think it is possible to play multiplayer but could show up in the lobby. But again if you think about it for a sec again why would we not see many more VG2 courses showing up in the lobby then?

It also could be a VG2 release but in PG1 format (if they are different anyways) which I doubt. Remember you have to build a VG2 in course forge so this designer whomever it was could have let a few friends have the file.

It does make you wonder though but in the end I STILL don't think trackman even gives a 2 shits about us to release a version for us. The thing Mike and Andrew F'ed up is allowing full control to Trackman even for future titles and not just JNPG. I would have at least fought for a PC release as well. When it comes to money though......................

If I was to build a golf game though it would be key to have simulator support because that is the future. It will be much more common I believe as we get older. I just wish I had room to swing a club anywhere in my house but I would have to build something outside.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#16 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:45 PM

I just wish I had room to swing a club anywhere in my house but I would have to build something outside.

I here you there.  However, just taking a walk around our community is enough for me these days.  I like being inside and comfy at my computer or on the couch in our HDTV room.  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users