#1 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:16 PM

I have a WingMan RumblePad (M/N: G-UA4) wired game pad. I know this ia an antique by computer standards. It was sparingly used and after some research it is supposed to be compatable with my Win 10 64 bit setup. I no longer have the installation disc that originally came with the pad. The driver update version for the pad is LGS 5.10.127 That version is not listed at the Logitech software download site.  So I need a downloadable version of the installation disc as well as the driver update version for this pad. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have to mention that I was able to locate the updated driver version. After downloading it tells me that instead of being version 5.10.127 it is 5.40.22.0. Don't know if that means that this is the latest update to the prior version listed above. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 scrambler

scrambler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:02 AM

I've had three rumblepads  and never needed to load software. Win 10  does it automatically.

#3 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 February 2020 - 07:44 PM

I've had three rumblepads  and never needed to load software. Win 10  does it automatically.

Really, That is interesting because I called Logitech Support yesterday because I could get no answers from either the logitech community or through the e-mail support. The driver version he quoted me was LGS 5.10.127 I found this version on the internet and downloaded it. Before installing it I checked to make sure it was the correct version. Oddly under properties this version is listed  as 5.40.22.0 Not sure if this is an update of the version the logitech technician gave me over the phone. Something else, the RumblePad came an installation disc. I thought I still had it but I can't find it. I think I am going to need to download the that before my computer will recognize the pad. My controller is the WingMan RumblePad not the RumblePad 2 . Any idea where I can find the installation software for this contrller?

#4 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:11 PM

http://freedriver.or...epad 2 (G-UF13)

#5 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:05 PM

I cant recall what brand pad I had that died about a year ago, but I added it to Win10 manually as an xbox gamepad and it worked fine. YMMV, may need to add to Win10 as something similar to your brand if the generic xbox pad doesn't do the trick.

(I had to do that because I could find no drivers, similar to your situation it appears.)

#6 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:25 PM

I cant recall what brand pad I had that died about a year ago, but I added it to Win10 manually as an xbox gamepad and it worked fine. YMMV, may need to add to Win10 as something similar to your brand if the generic xbox pad doesn't do the trick.

(I had to do that because I could find no drivers, similar to your situation it appears.)

I have to say again that I do not think the driver is going to be an issue. I need to download the software program that came on the installation disc that I no longer have. You had to install the disc program first before you plugged the pad into a usb port. This enabled the computer to recognize and list the pad under the device section in the Control Panel. Once recognized and listed under devices, it would probably find any drivers that were applicable to the pad. I registered this product with Logitech the day I got it. I does appear under my products with picture and model # (M/N: G-UA4) The bottom of my pad lists it (M/N: G-UE3) I asked them at Logitech what the difference between the two models if any there was. No response from them so far. I would not even bother with this thing if it wasn't for the fact that I only used it a few times, so it is almost in like new condition.

#7 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:30 PM

Thanks for the link, I appreciate it. I need the istallation software that came with disc along with the RumblePad. Can't find it on that site.

#8 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:06 AM

I finally heard from Logitech Support today, regarding this game controller from a lady technician no less. She informed me that this model was the first in the RumblePad seies, wired of course. She said that Windows 10 does Not support this controller. Ok, I had to try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users